New York Says Kickball Is Dangerous

Come On People! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The New York Dept. of Health is considering a plan to label games likes kickball, wiffleball, tag and horseshoes as dangerous to children - and any day camp that offered those activities would require local and state regulation.

New York State Sen. Patty Ritchie said it's the most ridiculous law she's ever heard.

"Once again, it's a knee-jerk reaction," Ritchie told the Poughkeepsie Journal disputing the notion that the games are dangerous and "pose a significant risk of injury" to kids.

New York Says Kickball Is Dangerous - Sports - Fox Nation

cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille

YouTube - cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille

That is not as bad as saying that Wiffle Ball is dangerous. And people keep telling me the government doesn't make up unneeded regulations just to control people. How do they explain this?

The New York Dept. of Health is considering a plan to label games likes kickball, wiffleball, tag and horseshoes as dangerous to children - and any day camp that offered those activities would require local and state regulation.

New York State Sen. Patty Ritchie said it's the most ridiculous law she's ever heard.

"Once again, it's a knee-jerk reaction," Ritchie told the Poughkeepsie Journal disputing the notion that the games are dangerous and "pose a significant risk of injury" to kids.

Its called law suits. They are covering their asses.My guess is they don't want to have to carry insurance for it. All sports have inherent risks of injury or death.

It is not about law suits, it is about power. This gives the state the power to declare anything that offers any of these activities as a summer camp, regulate them, and collect fees from them. If this was about protecting the state from lawsuits they would not be expanding state oversight of everything.

CaféAuLait;3548460 said:
alg_wimp.jpg

I don't know how the hell we ever made it past 5. This is so freaking silly. All forms of tag are dangerous. :eusa_hand:

Sitting on your ass playing video games is just as dangerous. Heart disease, obesity, etc.

I agree. But i really don't think this has anything to do with games being dangerous. Its about money. Its about parents suing over anything that could make them a buck.

President Obama was once floored by a wiffle ball. I am sure it was when he was young. His behavior indicates that he is one of those classic 'wiffle ball syndrome' kids....can't make friends or a decision...afraid of anything that moves...likes to golf because the ball goes away from him...yup.

Last edited:
Only in New York,well California also.

I am glad I grew up in the 60's and 70's,we played doge ball,kept score at LL games,T ball wasn't around
we are raising generations of pussies,and it shows!

and even IF ( when ) they come off the field they won't have any homemade lunch or grannies cupcakes to eat becasue the OOP's Squad ( Obama Obesity Police) will be there vetting all meals and snackage...what a world....

the cupcake thing was bloomberg's baby. has nothing to do with the president or first lady.

anything else you want to make up?

make up? there are laready schools how won't let kids bring food from home.....look at the thread you're in? You tink tis is a stretch?

Oh I am sorry Bloomberg,:rolleyes: so , I'll tell you what, when parents are told that the school bake sale or some similar activity, won't accept items without a calorie count and turn them away if they don't meet the standards enshrined in the The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, I'll bookmark this post and re-post this, it won't take long.

It's simply the continued pussification of the American child. Nobody can get hurt. Nobody can ever do anything that might get the ADULTS who should be SUPERVISING these organized activites sued. Most importantly NOBODY CAN EVER LOSE. That's the one bit you folks have missed so far. I'm sure a lot of this comes from the same place as the idea that everybody gets a trophy at the end of the tournament, whether they've won or lost; and the idea of a "T" (for Trying) grade in some school systems.

At some point the American people have to stand up and say "Enough is Enough".

Well, it was on the horizion.....

1. “Some traditional childhood games are disappearing from school playgrounds because educators say they're dangerous…prohibited tag at recess because it "progresses easily into slapping and hitting and pushing instead of just touching," Principal Cindy Farwell says….Contact sports were banned…” USATODAY.com - 'Not it!' More schools ban games at recess

2. candy cigarettes Candy Cigarettes Banned By FDA Candy Cigarettes Banned By FDA

3. NEW YORK — With supporters chanting "forwards, never backwards!" on the steps of City Hall, the City Council on Wednesday approved a symbolic resolution to ban a racial slur that has a painful history intertwined with slavery. N.Y. city council backs n-word 'ban' - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

4. The United Kingdom's National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) claims that junk food is responsible for 40,000 deaths a year. However, the evidence on which this claim is made is highly dubious, says Rob Lyons, deputy editor of Spiked.
For most people there is no evidence that cutting salt is of any benefit at all; indeed, for some people it could be harmful:
THE TYRANNY OF THE ANTI-JUNK FOOD CRUSADE
The tyranny of the anti-junk food crusade | spiked

5. Whistles, catcalls and lewd come-ons from strangers are all too familiar to New York City women, who say they are harassed multiple times a day as they walk down the street. Now lawmakers are examining whether to do something to discourage it.
NYC Considers a No Catcall Zone | NBC New York

6. More importantly, the supes [supervisors] passed the so-called "Happy Meal Ban" by an 8-3 vote ― meaning it can survive a promised veto from Mayor Gavin Newsom. That's right: San Francisco done banned the Happy Meal. Robble robble.
S.F. Supes Pass Happy Meal Ban with Veto-Proof Majority - San Francisco Restaurants and Dining - SFoodie

7. As many as 14 armed Orange County deputies, including narcotics agents, stormed Strictly Skillz barbershop during business hours on a Saturday in August, handcuffing barbers in front of customers during a busy back-to-school weekend.

It was just one of a series of unprecedented raid-style inspections the Orange County Sheriff's Office recently conducted with a state regulating agency, targeting several predominantly black- and Hispanic-owned barbershops in the Pine Hills area.

In "sweeps" on Aug. 21 and Sept. 17 targeting at least nine shops, deputies arrested 37 people — the majority charged with "barbering without a license," a misdemeanor that state records show only three other people have been jailed in Florida in the past 10 years.
Unlicensed barbering arrests: Did Florida deputies use licensing inspectors to raid barbershops for drugs? - OrlandoSentinel.com

8. 13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was told to take it down. Denair Middle School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike - KTXL

9. In December 2007, many of these state efforts became moot when the federal government enacted the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, which requires all general-purpose light bulbs that produce 310–2600 lumens of light[7] be 30% more energy efficient (similar to current halogen lamps) than current incandescent bulbs by 2012 to 2014. The efficiency standards will start with 100-watt bulbs in January 2012 and end with 40-watt bulbs in January 2014.
Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. SAN FRANCISCO - The City Council of San Francisco voted yesterday to outlaw circumcision.
The new law makes it a misdemeanor to “circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the…genitals” of all minors, and does not make exceptions for religious reasons.

The decision to permanently remove a boy’s foreskin should not be made by parents, says William Barfield, the author of the new law. SAN FRANCISCO BANS CIRCUMCISION|Weekly World News

“For nearly a century now, the friends of liberty, local autonomy, and civic agency have been in retreat, and the administrative state has grown by leaps and bounds.” https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/impri...he/default.asp

The state quickly moved away from this when it became public and blamed former Governor Patterson

Red rover red rover send Twinkle Toes over.

You know Red Rover's next blastoff! The poor kiddo could trip on a blade of grass and skin his/her knee leaving the parent's of said child no recourse but to sue... Also, when/if the child breaks through the 'chain' of the ones who's arms were together can sue for assault and mental anguish.

Isn't it a shame that we need scientific studies to prove the obvious?

Even if children do suffer fewer physical injuries — and the evidence for that is debatable — the critics say that these playgrounds may stunt emotional development, leaving children with anxieties and fears that are ultimately worse than a broken bone.

“Children need to encounter risks and overcome fears on the playground,” said Ellen Sandseter, a professor of psychology at Queen Maud University in Norway.

“Paradoxically,” the psychologists write, “we posit that our fear of children being harmed by mostly harmless injuries may result in more fearful children and increased levels of psychopathology.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/science/19tierney.html

Its called law suits. They are covering their asses.My guess is they don't want to have to carry insurance for it. All sports have inherent risks of injury or death.

So does getting out of bed. And not getting out of bed.

Nothing is safe!

We should ban everything!

Immediately!

If not sooner!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

It is dangerous.

And kids should be playing these games.

They need to be toughened up.

We don't live in a rubber world..there are hard surfaces. Getting hurt is part of life. Not getting hurt and not being able to deal with it..really makes you a wuss.

And no one wants a wuss.

Kicking balls is dangerous and is a very sensitive part of a male body. They should put a stop to this barbaric practice as it could jeopardize the future of a young male's possibility of having children.

Wuss. :lol:

no... I'm just against random or forced ball kicking. It should be a choice. I myself enjoy a good swift kick in the balls and more important my ex loves it.

Forum List

Back