New York Police can now shoot down planes!

I was shocked by the fact that the Pentagon had no air defense prior to 9/11. Talk about a defenseless department of defense.

Where do our tax dollars actually go?

Where was the defense we paid for?

Last edited:
I was shocked by the fact that the Pentagon had no air defense prior to 9/11. Talk about a defenseless department of defense.

Prior to 9/11, who would have thought of anyone using a civilian aircraft as a weapon?

Before that day, all our defenses were pointed outward looking for military threats. 9/11 made us start looking inward also.

Does that make you a right wing liberal?

Regardless, you are still a cretin.

Well if it helps you to sleep at night.

Notice..I ain't calling you names.

I am not calling you names either, just pointing out facts. You are either stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective if you think arming police with military grade anti aircraft weapons is something to cheer. If I was calling you names I would be using idiot.

Well being that you weren't here during that time..let me help you out. 4, count em, 4 planes were hijacked. That had to be some kind of record for planes being hijacked in a single day. And after spending some 600 billion on the military (It's not defense anymore), the "qualified" politicians you guys had appointed to office by the Supreme Court couldn't pull their thumbs out of their asses to realize there was a problem. They were up in the air for an HOUR or more. After the FIRST one crashed into the WTC, no planes were scrambled. Nadda. Zilch. Then the second one hit. Nadda. Zilch. The third one hit the pentagon. Still nothing. Cheney found out his ass might be in trouble with the fourth one. THAT'S when the planes were let loose to fly. And..he gave the order to shoot THAT one down. The one heading for him. Fortunately for Cheney..the passengers beat him to the punch.

THATS how a conservative LIKE you REACTS to shit. YOU DON'T.

THATS why NEW YORK needs to be able to SHOOT down planes. BECAUSE the MONEY WE SPEND ON DEFENSE, DONT MEAN SHIT IN THE HANDS OF SOME CONSERVATIVES.

Like you, Asshole.

Prior to 9/11, who would have thought of anyone using a civilian aircraft as a weapon?

Before that day, all our defenses were pointed outward looking for military threats. 9/11 made us start looking inward also.

What are you fucking kidding me?

EgyptAir Flight 990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well if it helps you to sleep at night.

Notice..I ain't calling you names.

I am not calling you names either, just pointing out facts. You are either stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective if you think arming police with military grade anti aircraft weapons is something to cheer. If I was calling you names I would be using idiot.

Well being that you weren't here during that time..let me help you out. 4, count em, 4 planes were hijacked. That had to be some kind of record for planes being hijacked in a single day. And after spending some 600 billion on the military (It's not defense anymore), the "qualified" politicians you guys had appointed to office by the Supreme Court couldn't pull their thumbs out of their asses to realize there was a problem. They were up in the air for an HOUR or more. After the FIRST one crashed into the WTC, no planes were scrambled. Nadda. Zilch. Then the second one hit. Nadda. Zilch. The third one hit the pentagon. Still nothing. Cheney found out his ass might be in trouble with the fourth one. THAT'S when the planes were let loose to fly. And..he gave the order to shoot THAT one down. The one heading for him. Fortunately for Cheney..the passengers beat him to the punch.

THATS why NEW YORK needs to be able to SHOOT down planes. BECAUSE the MONEY WE SPEND ON DEFENSE, DONT MEAN SHIT IN THE HANDS OF SOME CONSERVATIVES.

Like you, Asshole.

that's not true. planes WERE scrambled. In fact, one missed intercepting/shooting down Flight 77 by about five minutes.

I'm not sure I trust a local police department with that kind of responsibility.

Why not?

My local police are the pinnacle of restraint and responsibility....

{A police officer only needs to use “reasonable force” to make an arrest. How many Fullerton, Calif. police officers does it take to arrest one man?

Well, it took five patrol cars, 6 officers, tasering 37-year-old Kelly Thomas numerous times, and beating him so badly that he went into a coma. And then died a few days later.}

Fullerton Police Beat to Death Mentally Ill, Homeless Man | World of Psychology

Like you, Asshole.

that's not true. planes WERE scrambled. In fact, one missed intercepting/shooting down Flight 77 by about five minutes.

Hmm..

I didn't see any military planes until several days after the attack.

Then it was like a freaking camp here.

They were a little late..by the way.

And Bush tried to charge us for it.

:eek:

First off, it was the First Officer committing suicide, and taking the plane with him. From your link...
The cockpit voice recorder (CVR) recorded the Captain excusing himself to go to the lavatory, followed thirty seconds later by the First Officer saying in Egyptian Arabic "Tawkalt ala Allah", which translates to "I rely on God." A minute later, the autopilot was disengaged, immediately followed by the First Officer again saying, "I rely on God." Three seconds later, the throttles for both engines were reduced to idle, and both elevators were moved three degrees nose down. The First Officer repeated "I rely on God" seven more times before the Captain is suddenly heard to ask repeatedly, "What's happening, what's happening?" The flight data recorder reflected that the elevators then moved into a split condition, with the left elevator up and the right elevator down. At this point, both engines were shut down by moving the start levers from run to cutoff. The Captain asked, "What is this? What is this? Did you shut the engines?" The First Officer did not respond. The Captain repeatedly stated, "Pull with me" but the FDR data indicated that the elevator surfaces remained in a split condition (with the left surface commanding nose up and the right surface commanding nose down) until the FDR and CVR stopped recording. There were no other aircraft in the area. There was no indication that an explosion occurred on board. The engines operated normally for the entire flight until they were shut down. From the presence of a western debris field about 1,200 feet (370 m) from the eastern debris field, the NTSB concluded that the left engine and some small pieces of wreckage separated from the airplane at some point before water impact.[1]

Second off, it crashed into the ocean. If it was being used as a weapon, what was the target? Fish?

Like you, Asshole.

Hmm..

that's odd because I remember fighter jets in new york on the day of the attacks when I was watching the news that day. Rudy was being interviewed and a jet flew over during the interview.

Hmm..

that's odd because I remember fighter jets in new york on the day of the attacks when I was watching the news that day. Rudy was being interviewed and a jet flew over during the interview.

I was in the city all day.

I might have missed them...though.

They did show up later.

First off, it was the First Officer committing suicide, and taking the plane with him. From your link...
The cockpit voice recorder (CVR) recorded the Captain excusing himself to go to the lavatory, followed thirty seconds later by the First Officer saying in Egyptian Arabic "Tawkalt ala Allah", which translates to "I rely on God." A minute later, the autopilot was disengaged, immediately followed by the First Officer again saying, "I rely on God." Three seconds later, the throttles for both engines were reduced to idle, and both elevators were moved three degrees nose down. The First Officer repeated "I rely on God" seven more times before the Captain is suddenly heard to ask repeatedly, "What's happening, what's happening?" The flight data recorder reflected that the elevators then moved into a split condition, with the left elevator up and the right elevator down. At this point, both engines were shut down by moving the start levers from run to cutoff. The Captain asked, "What is this? What is this? Did you shut the engines?" The First Officer did not respond. The Captain repeatedly stated, "Pull with me" but the FDR data indicated that the elevator surfaces remained in a split condition (with the left surface commanding nose up and the right surface commanding nose down) until the FDR and CVR stopped recording. There were no other aircraft in the area. There was no indication that an explosion occurred on board. The engines operated normally for the entire flight until they were shut down. From the presence of a western debris field about 1,200 feet (370 m) from the eastern debris field, the NTSB concluded that the left engine and some small pieces of wreckage separated from the airplane at some point before water impact.[1]

Second off, it crashed into the ocean. If it was being used as a weapon, what was the target? Fish?

I know I know..there are some things that are hard to put together..like a guy going Kamikaze with a commercial airliner.

Like the WTC being a target of terrorists only a couple of years earlier.

Like all the chatter on the interwebz about an attack.

Like a daily presidential brief that Osama Bin Laden was determined to attack the US.

Like a CNN interview with Osama Bin Laden where he effectively declared war on the US.

Like all the bombings and other mischief carried out by Al Qaeda prior to the attack.

I don't know why anyone thinks there were signs that this exact thing might happen.

Sheesh..Rudy himself put a Police Command Center at Ground Zero. By the way..that's what the cops were calling it prior to 9/11.

But no..no clues.

None.

I know I know..there are some things that are hard to put together..like a guy going Kamikaze with a commercial airliner.

Like a daily presidential brief that Osama Bin Laden was determined to attack the US.

Like a CNN interview with Osama Bin Laden where he effectively declared war on the US.

Like all the bombings and other mischief carried out by Al Qaeda prior to the attack.

I don't know why anyone thinks there were signs that this exact thing might happen.

Sheesh..Rudy himself put a Police Command Center at Ground Zero. By the way..that's what the cops were calling it prior to 9/11.

But no..no clues.

None.

Well, if it was that clear from a pilot suicide, chatter about attacks, and the placement of a command center, why didn't they have manned anti-aircraft batteries on top of the towers on 9/11? They had all the clues, right?

It's a good thing they don't have them on top of the Sears Tower. It's directly under the eastern approach landing path for O'Hare. They would be shooting planes down daily, thinking they were under attack.

But no..no clues.

None.

Well, if it was that clear from a pilot suicide, chatter about attacks, and the placement of a command center, why didn't they have manned anti-aircraft batteries on top of the towers on 9/11? They had all the clues, right?

It's a good thing they don't have them on top of the Sears Tower. It's directly under the eastern approach landing path for O'Hare. They would be shooting planes down daily, thinking they were under attack.

:lol: Oh gosh.

Circles..are your thing right?

FYI - NY State is one of the most heavily taxed states in the Union. Is it to much to expect a little defense from all the taxes we contribute to defense?

But no..no clues.

None.

FYI - NY State is one of the most heavily taxed states in the Union. Is it to much to expect a little defense from all the taxes we contribute to defense?

What kind of defense do you want for NY? A constant CAP of F-16's to shoot down any plane that flies funny? Roving mobile missile launchers? A Stinger in every squad car?

As has been pointed out earlier, shooting down a plane over a city is going to do as much, if not more, damage as if it had just hit a building.

What makes you think they did not have one?

What kind of defense do you want for NY? A constant CAP of F-16's to shoot down any plane that flies funny? Roving mobile missile launchers? A Stinger in every squad car?

As has been pointed out earlier, shooting down a plane over a city is going to do as much, if not more, damage as if it had just hit a building.

To your first point.

Yeah.

To your second point.

No. It would not do as much damage.

Forum List

Back