New water resources law stirs hot debate

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
While the government is seeking to tighten the screws on individuals and businesses found to misuse water resources, lawmakers are already punching holes in that.

This came out in the open yesterday as members of Parliament were discussing the Water Supply and Sanitation Bill (2018) which was tabled in the august House by the minister for Water, Prof Makame Mbarawa.

The Bill - which had been formally read for the second and third time - provides that anyone found to be misusing water resources will be liable on conviction to a fine between Sh5 million and Sh10 million.

However, some legislators in the debating chamber required the government to be specific on what 'improper use of water resources' means.

The Bill also imposed a fine of not less than Sh5 million, or a jail term not less than six months, for those found to have diverted water to purposes other than what they had applied for.

The law, which was enacted yesterday, will also apply to persons interfering with water infrastructure. If convicted, they will be liable to a fine between Sh50,000 and Sh1 million, or serve a month in jail.
New water resources law stirs hot debate

Tanzania says.......whatever we want it to be whenever we want.

If you kids thought oil wars were fun, ya'll ain't seen nuttin' yet.

I probably need to hurry and build a wall around
my place before they come for our water. (Speaking of which - just put
a new pump motor on yesterday ) Arkansas is blessed with really great water
and we're out of the drought region for the most part.

Although, if you drive an hour south to Louisiana, their cities are having a bad time because of oil and gas contamination. ( Frack baby frack right ? )Good if you're in the bottled water business for sure. ( hey I may have another retirement hobby to look forward to soon).......:beer:

I probably need to hurry and build a wall around
my place before they come for our water. (Speaking of which - just put
a new pump motor on yesterday ) Arkansas is blessed with really great water
and we're out of the drought region for the most part.

Although, if you drive an hour south to Louisiana, their cities are having a bad time because of oil and gas contamination. ( Frack baby frack right ? )Good if you're in the bottled water business for sure. ( hey I may have another retirement hobby to look forward to soon).......:beer:

Then there's those pesky tornadoes.

Forum List

Back