New vaccine by Pfizer for babes

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by RodISHI, Feb 28, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    I found these news releases from Pfizer. I been trying to figure it out and I'm wondering if some experts on here can help me understand all this stuff.

FDA apparently approved this new drug for infants and children.

I have a few questions and probably will have more tomorrow. Does our government agencies actually promote specific products for use on the people? Who makes the call to promote these products?

I'm also having a hard time figuring out all these numbers on the amounts of childhood Pneumonia cases. From what I'm seeing here in this 2006 health report from CDC, I am not finding an overwhelming number of deaths caused by Pneumonia but this stuff needs deciphered by someone smarter than me.

http://www.cdc.gov/NCHS/data/nvsr/nvsr57/nvsr57_14.pdf

On,
    Table 11. Death rate for 113 Selected Causes and Enterocolitis due to Clostridium difficile, by age...
    (rates per 100,000 in specific age groups.......)

Pneumonia
    all ages - 18.5 under 1 year 5.9 1 to 7 years 0.7 5 to 14 years 0.4

Figures for Pneumoconioses (dust and such) and chemicals figures are 0.3 for all ages. Pneumontis due to liquids (drowning) and solids are 5.6 for all ages.

From quick facts:

Population, 2008 estimate 304,059,724

Persons under 5 years old, percent, 2008 6.9%

Persons under 18 years old, percent, 2008 24.3%

Can anyone from this information for 2006 come up with a figure of how many children under age 14 actually died in 2006 from Pneumonia?

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    Despite the name, the organism causes many types of pneumococcal infection other than pneumonia, including acute sinusitis, otitis media, meningitis, bacteremia, sepsis, osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, endocarditis, peritonitis, pericarditis, cellulitis, and brain abscess.

S. pneumoniae is the most common cause of bacterial meningitis in adults and children, and is one of the top two isolates found in ear infection, otitis media.[2] Pneumococcal pneumonia is more common in the very young and the very old.

Google is your friend.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    What is to not understand? It clearly tells you what its purpose is. And the US Government encourages that infants and children receive immunizations , if this new one is the only one that does what it claims then by default they are supporting it when they require or recommend immunizations. Due to patent laws it will be what? 8 years before a generic can be made.

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047

I am looking for just how many babes who actually need to be injected with Prevnar? Statistically, how many children that are born healthy and are healthy truly have a life threatening need to get this particular shot? How many healthy children have actually died from the various types of pneumonia listed in the posted press releases that this vaccine is claimed to prevent? How many children died from the types of pneumonia that this particular vaccine says it does not prevent? How does CDC justify recommending that every child in this nation be given these shots when statistically they lack of having intricate evidence that proves healthy children should be given this vaccine? It appears from the CDC report of 2006 I linked has the overall count of deaths for all pneumonia types of those under 1 year old at 245. How many of this nation's 245 children under one year old that died in 2006 of pneumonia had other serious illnesses that are not mentioned in that year's report?

I suspect that if big pharma can intimate that there is a need for all children to be vaccinated this would surely reinforce a non existent monetary value to be equated with a technology being used. Simply put, experimenting on our nations children for financial gain. Whether Prevnar is a trigger for a preexisting undiscovered condition at the time of vaccination appears to be up for argument. If in fact it is a trigger then it is a culprit in causation. Had the vaccine not been administered, it would not have triggered the reaction leading to the death or adverse condition. It is then possible that it could be said that the drug vaccine was not a factor in the causation because the drug was never administered in the subject. However, this does not appear to be the case.

It is my understanding that there is a definite push to shirk any liability or blame from the vaccine over onto the recipient of the vaccine. When the subject of the clinical trial is at a diminished capacity is it paramount to insulate the proponents of the vaccine from any liability pertaining to causation simply because they were not aware of the preexisting condition?

The proponents are supposedly providing the clinical trials and publishing their findings and recommendations in journals and reports which are incomplete. A broad and sweeping all encompassing statement shielding any liability for adverse reactions from the proponents of the vaccine does not negate from the fact that had not the vaccine been administered the causative effects of an unknown prexisting condition would not have been triggered by the injection of the vaccine.

I propose that if the vaccine had not ever been injected into the recipient of the vaccine then and only then could the proponents of these mass vaccinations say that they are not liable for the reaction in the recipient. Such is not the case here though. The proponents want access to subjects but demand immunity from liability when access is obtained. The avenue for access to human subjects is being obtained under what could be described as less than ethical or honorable conditions or perhaps clouded conditions for want of a better term. Either way, the present approach to obtaining subjects for experimental research is seriously flawed.

Either provide living test subjects from the scientific community itself via volunteer scientists and laboratories to receive their own vaccines, serums and chemicals or cancel the program entirely. If the scientific community, big pharma and the associated proponents of this science don't have enough faith in their own drugs and programs to be themselves injected with their own drugs, why should the general unsuspecting public at large be forced to support this madness with their tax dollars and their lives?

The whole nation is expected to provide these companies with themselves and their children as subjects for experimentation and the companies want and are demanding save harmless protection and total release from any liability from maiming, damage or death? Seems like a one sided proposition to me but I may be wrong.

Potential Conflicts of Interest in Testing, Promotion & Approval

5. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  6. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
  7. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    How many children do you know had polio?

[​IMG]

This guy wasn't lucky enough to be vaccinated as a child.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  8. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Proof positive that you are not at all interested in having any serious conversation about vaccines. You can't be bothered to even read a link from another.

You have your mind made up and you've based your own conclusion on emotional hyperbole and no science.

9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    This has what to do with shooting healthy children up here in America with a Prevnar shot?

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Don't worry about it industry will regulate itself.