New study says e-cig vapor contains cancer-causing formaldehyde

If you like me smoke your VAP with only juice you have nothing to be afraid of!

Vap is much better that real cigarettes

Bless you all that are smoking like that

I like to Vap Mom's vegtable soup. I like to take the lid off the pot and inhale the delicious Vaps. I wonder if I'm at risk of getting cancer from that.

If she uses tap water the steam likely contains chloroform and formaldehyde.

But dam, I'd do it anyway
She hasn't had to go dip water from the well since she was a kid. She does use the "city' tap water. I understand it's got both chlorine and fluoride in it.

AND YOU'RE STILL ALIVE! (Sarcasm)

Paranoia cracks me up!

If you like me smoke your VAP with only juice you have nothing to be afraid of!

Vap is much better that real cigarettes

Bless you all that are smoking like that

There are different types of juice also. I think VG and PG?

I wonder what type was used in the tests?

I wonder too but

but i dont use nicotine

just the juice

and I was a heavy smoker

I am thankful for E-cigarettes

I wonder if I can package and sell Mom's vegtable soup to Vap in Ecigs. I think it would sell like hot cakes.

Hey, that gives me another great business idea. I can sell hot cakes because......well.....they would sell like hot cakes.

Sounds like if you keep your puffing below a certain voltage and rate you are safe. Somehow that doesnt convince me there is no danger.

You realize that taking a shower has dangers too, right. Taking long hot showers give off cancerous chemicals also.

Are you going to stop taking showers?
Who told you taking hot showers give off cancerous chemicals? You better have a link for that claim.

Ok

Dangers of Chlorine In Your Shower Underground Health Reporter
I wonder why all those people that have pools and hot tubs full of chlorine are not catching cancer?

I have been using E-cigarettes with great results for many months now.

But I do not use nicotine in my E -cigarette, only the juice, so this does not apply. :)

"This could pose a risk to users who increase the voltage on their e-cigarette to increase the delivery of vaporized nicotine".

No nicotine for moi!
I'm weaning my way down. I'm down to 12mg now.
Mountain Dew flavor

Oh shit.
Hopefully no one here uses these things.

E-cigarette vapor filled with cancer-causing chemicals, researchers say

E-cigarette vapor can contain cancer-causing formaldehyde at levels up to 15 times higher than regular cigarettes, a new study finds.

Researchers found that e-cigarettes operated at high voltages produce vapor with large amounts of formaldehyde-containing chemical compounds.

This could pose a risk to users who increase the voltage on their e-cigarette to increase the delivery of vaporized nicotine, said study co-author James Pankow, a professor of chemistry and civil and environmental engineering at Portland State University in Oregon.

"We've found there is a hidden form of formaldehyde in e-cigarette vapor that has not typically been measured. It's a chemical that contains formaldehyde in it, and that formaldehyde can be released after inhalation," Pankow said. "People shouldn't assume these e-cigarettes are completely safe."

Play VIDEO

E-cigarette debate smolders over health claims

The findings appear in a letter published Jan. 22 in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Health experts have long known that formaldehyde and other toxic chemicals are present in cigarette smoke. Initially, e-cigarettes were hoped to be without such dangers because they lack fire to cause combustion and release toxic chemicals, a Portland State news release said.

more: E-cigarette vapor has cancer-causing chemical formaldehyde - CBS News
How did the FDA miss that one?
The question is why do idiot consumers need the FDA to tell these things? I pointed this out when they hit the market years ago.

American Cancer Society? They've been around as long as the Wright brothers have (1903) tell me, what Cancers have they cured?
I don't have time for this kind of stupidity.
Yeah that's why you joined a message board. You don't have time. Derp!

Number of Cancers the American Cancer Society has cured: Zero. But let's all keep giving them billions and maybe some day in a few hundred more years they may find something to help in the "War on Cancer" started by Richard Nixon. Then again they may not.

Sounds like if you keep your puffing below a certain voltage and rate you are safe. Somehow that doesnt convince me there is no danger.

You realize that taking a shower has dangers too, right. Taking long hot showers give off cancerous chemicals also.

Who told you taking hot showers give off cancerous chemicals? You better have a link for that claim.

Ok

I wonder why all those people that have pools and hot tubs full of chlorine are not catching cancer?

How do you know they're not?

"American Vaping Association" ? Probably not the least biased of course. :biggrin:

They asked the question, not seeing the rebuttal.

You still taking hot showers and boiling water after getting the information that doing such you inhale the same nasties that vaping does?

Good lord people, quit being so damn paranoid!

Ok

Because its not listed in the study claiming showers give you cancer. Seems odd they would have left those 2 things out. People spend lots of time in hot tubs and pools. Someone investigating showers would have made the natural jump to hot tubs.

Ok

Because its not listed in the study claiming showers give you cancer. Seems odd they would have left those 2 things out. People spend lots of time in hot tubs and pools. Someone investigating showers would have made the natural jump to hot tubs.

Anytime you heat chlorinated water to the point you create steam, hot tubs, showers or vaporizers, you create the same problems.

Health concerns are the same no matter what heats the water, which are likely minimal in all cases but you won't get much funding until you sensationalize the problem.

Forum List

Back