New San Francisco bridge built in China!

It's the conservative way. :clap:

Yes, it's all Bushes fault. We should have the government building our bridges. You know, shovel ready. Those evil conservatives want private companies building them.

Yes, it's all Bushes fault. We should have the government building our bridges. You know, shovel ready. Those evil conservatives want private companies building them.

Yep.

Yep. If you can make any sense out of what they just said let me know.

Other then stereotypical babble it seems you folks don't know what in the heck you're talking about. We've just been talking about the government outsourcing jobs by making construction unaffordable in this country and you all start babbling about private corps being the cause.

Last edited:
Not quite. The steel was made in China, not the bridge itself.

And while I'm not really sure what I think about it, I will say, as someone who has always been interested in the architecture and science of bridges, I'm very interested in seeing it when it's done. It's pretty remarkable, some of the innovation of design.

yes I know, the bay bridge has had issues since the big one a while back.

I won't even go into the screw ups with other pieces they built and installed, cost overruns etc etc etc ...

we cannot even build a bridge span here anymore for a cost we'll pay.....hey buy AmeriKan;)

Think about it now...

They built the San Mateo bridge without any problems. Its utilitarian and not fancy.

The issue with the bay brides was the artsy crap... the look of it....

CC Myers could have had that bridge banged out on time and under budget if it was a straight up bridge.

Last edited:

:eusa_eh:I don't really doubt you, but, can you tell me where is was put together then...here?

all I could find using 'constructed in the search was this...

Bay Bridge, partly made, for less, in China | | The Bulletin

And while I'm not really sure what I think about it, I will say, as someone who has always been interested in the architecture and science of bridges, I'm very interested in seeing it when it's done. It's pretty remarkable, some of the innovation of design.[/QUOTE]

The SF Bay Bridge: Made in China and Costing a Fortune

The SF Bay Bridge: Made in China and Costing a Fortune | Mother Jones

Yep.

yep what dodo?

2002 United States steel tariff

The Section 201 steel tariff is a political issue in the United States regarding a tariff that President George W. Bush placed on imported steel on March 5, 2002 (took effect March 20). The tariffs were lifted by Bush on December 4, 2003.

snip-

On November 11, 2003, the WTO came out against the steel tariffs, saying that they had not been imposed during a period of import surge — steel imports had actually dropped a bit during 2001 and 2002 — and that the tariffs therefore were a violation of America's WTO tariff-rate commitments.[2] The ruling authorized more than $2 billion in sanctions, the largest penalty ever imposed by the WTO against a member state, if the US did not quickly remove the tariffs.[2] After receiving the verdict, Bush declared that he would preserve the tariffs.[3] In retaliation, the European Union threatened to counter with tariffs of its own on products ranging from Florida oranges to cars produced in Michigan, with each tariff calculated to likewise hurt the President in a key marginal state.[4] Faced with the threat, the U.S. backed down and withdrew the tariffs on December 4.[4]

rest..

2002 United States steel tariff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:eusa_eh:I don't really doubt you, but, can you tell me where is was put together then...here?

And while I'm not really sure what I think about it, I will say, as someone who has always been interested in the architecture and science of bridges, I'm very interested in seeing it when it's done. It's pretty remarkable, some of the innovation of design.

The SF Bay Bridge: Made in China and Costing a Fortune | Mother Jones[/QUOTE]

You know, I'm not sure either. Information on this isn't exactly what one would call "clear".

For the most part, it's being "constructed" in the bay, though. It's not a pre-fabricated bridge from china, it's being built here, now, on the bay.

The SF Bay Bridge: Made in China and Costing a Fortune | Mother Jones

You know, I'm not sure either. Information on this isn't exactly what one would call "clear".

For the most part, it's being "constructed" in the bay, though. It's not a pre-fabricated bridge from china, it's being built here, now, on the bay.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I can the bay bridge from Berkeley....it appears that the sections of the bridge were parceled or 'pieced', to be completed strung together here in place....so in a fashion it has to be prefabricated (?)

in any event all of the tolls are going up all over Cali anyway, whats another dollar...:doubt:

How much you wanna bet they were the low bidder because they do not use union labor.

Those commies are efficient.

How much you wanna bet they were the low bidder because they do not use union labor.

Those commies are efficient.

No... they used forced at gunpoint labor for "whatever the hell they say" they'll get paid... No wonder Conservatives like them so much. A captive labor force.

Forum List

Back