US governments banning use of "Jesus" in prayers!!!! In the USA??!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Jun 30, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban on 'God' and 'Jesus' - FoxNews.com
    Virginia governor endorses ban on 'Jesus' prayer

The first link is the Houston VA banning the use of "Jesus" or "God Bless You" on premises by pastors or by the volunteers who go to funerals of servicemen.

The second is the Virginia government banning the use of "Jesus" by the VA State Troopers chaplains, after which 6 trooper chaplains immediately resigned. In that same law, chaplains are also forbidden from using negative language towards "liberals" "homosexuals" or "atheists". So the law basically says "You can't mention Jesus, or talk badly about liberals, homos or atheists." WTF????

Freedom of speech is being fucking revoked. So whats gonna happen? If an Army chaplain says "Jesus" at a VA cemetery, is he gonna be arrested? If a VA State Trooper chaplain says "Jesus" in prayer, will he be fired and charged?

We are inching towards Communist Fucking Russia you morons.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,823
    Yea, not good. But I'm sure if taken to the courts it will all be struck down.

3. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Communist fucking Russia?[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Um..."dumbass"...the VA is a FEDERAL agency. It has nothing to do with states rights.

Next, you are in favor of taking away free speech to "avoid a lawsuit"? You'd have made a great brown shirt. So you would recommend what punishment to the people who dare utter "jesus" or say something bad about a homo? A fine? Jail time? Come on now, you must defend yourself. If you're ok with these bans, name the punishment. I'll await....

5. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,657
    Shrill

6. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,299
    I didn't read the pieces but I know the reason why. It has nothing to do with secularism or the other buzz words I see above, it has much to do with religious diversity in America. If I were to mention Zeus or 'Jupiter bless me' someone would be offended. If I setup a Buddhist shrine or Zen temple someone would be offended. So it is the same in Judeo Christian America, some particular blend of either will be offended. I have heard this too much from public figures who deal with Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan or even Halloween. It is the religious who are intolerant of any difference from the umbrella they live under. And when the little ones or big ones see this or hear this all heaven breaks loose.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  7. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,823
    You seriously gave me bad rep claiming the seperation of church an state as your excuse?

Get an education son. That is there to PREVENT the govt from interfering with the publics right to practice as they see fit. If anything that clause is the reason this will be reversed if challenged. Your not very bright.

8. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    The VA isn't the General Public, is it? It's a governmental agency... not your local church, not the Christian Broadcasting Network, or anything else similar.

The VA IS the government. You can practice your religion anyway you see fit... out side of their walls.

9. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    States' rights at work, right? I thought you cons were all about states' rights? Lest we forget that the Governor of VA is a Republican...

10. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    Apparently the "non-denominational prayer" for Police Officers in Virginia was independently ordered by State Police Supt. Flaherty and so far it has met with outrage by (only) republican elected officials. As far as is known it was not sanctioned by the Va. governor.