US governments banning use of "Jesus" in prayers!!!! In the USA??!!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban on 'God' and 'Jesus' - FoxNews.com
Virginia governor endorses ban on 'Jesus' prayer

The first link is the Houston VA banning the use of "Jesus" or "God Bless You" on premises by pastors or by the volunteers who go to funerals of servicemen.

The second is the Virginia government banning the use of "Jesus" by the VA State Troopers chaplains, after which 6 trooper chaplains immediately resigned. In that same law, chaplains are also forbidden from using negative language towards "liberals" "homosexuals" or "atheists". So the law basically says "You can't mention Jesus, or talk badly about liberals, homos or atheists." WTF????

Freedom of speech is being fucking revoked. So whats gonna happen? If an Army chaplain says "Jesus" at a VA cemetery, is he gonna be arrested? If a VA State Trooper chaplain says "Jesus" in prayer, will he be fired and charged?

We are inching towards Communist Fucking Russia you morons.

Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban on 'God' and 'Jesus' - FoxNews.com

The first link is the Houston VA banning the use of "Jesus" or "God Bless You" on premises by pastors or by the volunteers who go to funerals of servicemen.

The second is the Virginia government banning the use of "Jesus" by the VA State Troopers chaplains, after which 6 trooper chaplains immediately resigned. In that same law, chaplains are also forbidden from using negative language towards "liberals" "homosexuals" or "atheists". So the law basically says "You can't mention Jesus, or talk badly about liberals, homos or atheists." WTF????

Freedom of speech is being fucking revoked. So whats gonna happen? If an Army chaplain says "Jesus" at a VA cemetery, is he gonna be arrested? If a VA State Trooper chaplain says "Jesus" in prayer, will he be fired and charged?

Communist fucking Russia?
foilhats_400.jpg

What happened to state rights?
Secondly there is nothing wrong with these at all.

As for talking bad about those groups, Thats called avoiding a lawsuit for discrimination dumbass.

of course had this been about Allah and allowing them to pray to them all the while praying to jesus, you would be throwing another hissy fit.

fucking retard

Um..."dumbass"...the VA is a FEDERAL agency. It has nothing to do with states rights.

Next, you are in favor of taking away free speech to "avoid a lawsuit"? You'd have made a great brown shirt. So you would recommend what punishment to the people who dare utter "jesus" or say something bad about a homo? A fine? Jail time? Come on now, you must defend yourself. If you're ok with these bans, name the punishment. I'll await....

As for talking bad about those groups, Thats called avoiding a lawsuit for discrimination dumbass.

of course had this been about Allah and allowing them to pray to them all the while praying to jesus, you would be throwing another hissy fit.

fucking retard

Um..."dumbass"...the VA is a FEDERAL agency. It has nothing to do with states rights.

Next, you are in favor of taking away free speech to "avoid a lawsuit"? You'd have made a great brown shirt. So you would recommend what punishment to the people who dare utter "jesus" or say something bad about a homo? A fine? Jail time? Come on now, you must defend yourself. If you're ok with these bans, name the punishment. I'll await....

Shrill

I didn't read the pieces but I know the reason why. It has nothing to do with secularism or the other buzz words I see above, it has much to do with religious diversity in America. If I were to mention Zeus or 'Jupiter bless me' someone would be offended. If I setup a Buddhist shrine or Zen temple someone would be offended. So it is the same in Judeo Christian America, some particular blend of either will be offended. I have heard this too much from public figures who deal with Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan or even Halloween. It is the religious who are intolerant of any difference from the umbrella they live under. And when the little ones or big ones see this or hear this all heaven breaks loose.

Last edited:

fucking retard

You seriously gave me bad rep claiming the seperation of church an state as your excuse?

Get an education son. That is there to PREVENT the govt from interfering with the publics right to practice as they see fit. If anything that clause is the reason this will be reversed if challenged. Your not very bright.

The VA isn't the General Public, is it? It's a governmental agency... not your local church, not the Christian Broadcasting Network, or anything else similar.

The VA IS the government. You can practice your religion anyway you see fit... out side of their walls.

States' rights at work, right? I thought you cons were all about states' rights? Lest we forget that the Governor of VA is a Republican...

Apparently the "non-denominational prayer" for Police Officers in Virginia was independently ordered by State Police Supt. Flaherty and so far it has met with outrage by (only) republican elected officials. As far as is known it was not sanctioned by the Va. governor.

fucking retard

What the fuck are you talking about? Free speech isnt a blanket law. Government can curb your free speech. See Schools, and see Shouting fire in a crowded room.

Furthermore you have the right to say what you want, But one will have to take personal responsibly for it if it offends someone in a case like this. You know something the Right loves to cry about, personal responsibly.

If you say jesus you simply get removed from your "job". At least in the case you linked to.
As for the other, You loose your job and pay court and lawyer fees should you lose the case.

I understand your limited intelligence doesnt understand these things that have been going on for years.

Maybe a coloring book with Jesus on a dinosaur is more your level.

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL???? Free speech isn't a blanket law? Um........the 1st Amendment?????

So, the Westboro Baptist whackos can show up and scream the most atrocious things possible, and the SCOTU says they have the right to, yet, the guests and pastor at the funeral can't say "Jesus" or anything bad about liberals.

It is NOT my responsibility if something I say offends someone. Fuck you, you faggot. See? It's not my job to be responsible if that offends someone.

Wow. You suggest that if someone says "Jesus" or "God Bless" at a funeral, they should be fired, fined, and possibly jailed (If they refuse to cooperate with fines, thats the next step).

Jesus Christ. Talk about liberal fascism. I can seriously not believe I am seeing LIBERALS defending laws that threaten to fine or jail someone for saying a word during a funeral. For saying "Jesus", at a funeral, you would jail or fine them.

I know this: If my family ever has a funeral, and some liberal prick attempts to enforce a law like this for someone saying "Jesus", you can be sure that liberal will get punched in the fucking jaw. Yes, I promoted violence. My family and our pastor will say "Jesus" at any funeral we want. I hope a pussy liberal makes issue of it.

The VA isn't the General Public, is it? It's a governmental agency... not your local church, not the Christian Broadcasting Network, or anything else similar.

The VA IS the government. You can practice your religion anyway you see fit... out side of their walls.

While the premise of your statement is true the end result is not. When my grandfather died he had a military funeral in a public cemetary. Now because of this his funeral would have not been allowed the way it was.
Catholics depend on the last rights as part of their religion.

We bend over backwards to accommodate the enemies religion in our FEDERAL institutions but we can't let our vets practice the beliefs that led some of them to make the choice to defend you and me?

Pathetic beyond belief.

So let me get this right.

If a Christian family is having a military funeral at the VA cemetery, and that preacher says "Jesus" and "God Bless", you're prepared to have a cop waiting there to issue a ticket, or, to have that preacher fired.

Are we actually gonna staff some government officials at funerals to make sure no one says "Jesus" or "God Bless"??

And yes, the Virginia Governor is a Republican, and his ass needs to be voted out, 100%, vote in the next Democrat to run against him. Fuck him.

So would you support banning the traditional Muslim religious dress in all US public high schools and universities? After all, abiding by that dress code of Islam is "practicing" Islam on government property.

So would you support banning the traditional Muslim religious dress in all US public high schools and universities? After all, abiding by that dress code of Islam is "practicing" Islam on government property.

Is anyone saying that a Christian can't wear a cross? or have a Jesus tattoo?

fucking retard

Shrill

You come up with that response by yourself?

Ok. I'll pick out my next one-word response for you. Hmmm. Which one? "Dyke", "Liar", "Selfish", "Hypocrite". Ah, it's hard. So many fit, but only one can win.

Is anyone saying that a Christian can't wear a cross? or have a Jesus tattoo?

YOU said we can't practice our religion inside the walls of the government. Abiding by Islam's dress code is the literal act of "practicing" that religion. So, following the Islamic dress code, on gov't property, is in fact practicing Islam on government property. YOU said we can practice any religion we want "outside their walls".

SO, are we gonna ban Islamic dress on gov't school campuses????

What the fuck are you talking about? Free speech isnt a blanket law. Government can curb your free speech. See Schools, and see Shouting fire in a crowded room.

Furthermore you have the right to say what you want, But one will have to take personal responsibly for it if it offends someone in a case like this. You know something the Right loves to cry about, personal responsibly.

If you say jesus you simply get removed from your "job". At least in the case you linked to.
As for the other, You loose your job and pay court and lawyer fees should you lose the case.

I understand your limited intelligence doesnt understand these things that have been going on for years.

Maybe a coloring book with Jesus on a dinosaur is more your level.

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL???? Free speech isn't a blanket law? Um........the 1st Amendment?????

So, the Westboro Baptist whackos can show up and scream the most atrocious things possible, and the SCOTU says they have the right to, yet, the guests and pastor at the funeral can't say "Jesus" or anything bad about liberals.

It is NOT my responsibility if something I say offends someone. Fuck you, you faggot. See? It's not my job to be responsible if that offends someone.

Wow. You suggest that if someone says "Jesus" or "God Bless" at a funeral, they should be fired, fined, and possibly jailed (If they refuse to cooperate with fines, thats the next step).

Jesus Christ. Talk about liberal fascism. I can seriously not believe I am seeing LIBERALS defending laws that threaten to fine or jail someone for saying a word during a funeral. For saying "Jesus", at a funeral, you would jail or fine them.

I know this: If my family ever has a funeral, and some liberal prick attempts to enforce a law like this for someone saying "Jesus", you can be sure that liberal will get punched in the fucking jaw. Yes, I promoted violence. My family and our pastor will say "Jesus" at any funeral we want. I hope a pussy liberal makes issue of it.

Waiiiit a second... you are calling Westboro Liberal? Christ... make up your own bedtime stories much?

By the way I'm not a believer either. But I respect those that are.

Because you have common sense. You aren't trying to force others to stop believing. Leave it to liberals to start banning actual words.

Forum List

Back