New road signs can detect mobile phones are being used in vehicles

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Road signs that know when a mobile phone is being used in a moving vehicle are being installed in Norfolk, in a bid to tackle usage behind the wheel. The system, which can tell the difference between active phone calls and other activities based on the strength of a signal and how long it lasts, flashes up a red warning signal to drivers when it detects a call. The technology cannot yet log number plates or be used to help catch offending drivers, but it is hoped it will act as a deterrent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey , lets just put cameras up our rear ends that way they can track when we have to take a dump next , and since we're all so dumbed down why we will need them. to tell us it's time to go . Wouldn't the leftist scum really like that control.

People are allowed to legally use hands free calling in their cars with many having the function where you can use your phone through the stock radio in the car. So what good would this do? Are they going to pull over every person to see if they are holding their phone to talk or using it hands free?

Road signs that know when a mobile phone is being used in a moving vehicle are being installed in Norfolk, in a bid to tackle usage behind the wheel. The system, which can tell the difference between active phone calls and other activities based on the strength of a signal and how long it lasts, flashes up a red warning signal to drivers when it detects a call. The technology cannot yet log number plates or be used to help catch offending drivers, but it is hoped it will act as a deterrent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey , lets just put cameras up our rear ends that way they can track when we have to take a dump next , and since we're all so dumbed down why we will need them. to tell us it's time to go . Wouldn't the leftist scum really like that control.

You do realize that is Norfolk, England, right?

People who manually text or call while driving should be treated the same as drunk drivers.

We hands free in bluetooth tech, if you're too lazy to set up your phone properly, you don't deserve to drive.

People are allowed to legally use hands free calling in their cars with many having the function where you can use your phone through the stock radio in the car. So what good would this do? Are they going to pull over every person to see if they are holding their phone to talk or using it hands free?

From the article: "The system is able to simultaneously detect bluetooth signals so that anyone legally in a call via their car’s speakers is not wrongly issued a warning."

Link to the actual article rather than the endtimesheadlines site: New road signs can detect mobile phones are being used in vehicles

People who manually text or call while driving should be treated the same as drunk drivers.

We hands free in bluetooth tech, if you're too lazy to set up your phone properly, you don't deserve to drive.

Not everyone has hands-free devices. Of course, anyone who doesn't just needs to wait until they have parked before using their phones.

I’m on the highway everyday and when traffic is slow or when I’m changing lanes I see almost everyone texting.

From the article: "The system is able to simultaneously detect bluetooth signals so that anyone legally in a call via their car’s speakers is not wrongly issued a warning."

Link to the actual article rather than the endtimesheadlines site: New road signs can detect mobile phones are being used in vehicles

Yeah that might be what they say, but I doubt they can really tell. To me it just seems like another thing being put on the books to allow police officers have another reason to pull people over to try and catch people for other issues like driving without a license, not having insurance, check if they smell like alcohol or weed.. etc.

Yeah that might be what they say, but I doubt they can really tell. To me it just seems like another thing being put on the books to allow police officers have another reason to pull people over to try and catch people for other issues like driving without a license, not having insurance, check if they smell like alcohol or weed.. etc.

I wouldn't want this system used to pull anyone over. :dunno:

I wouldn't want this system used to pull anyone over. :dunno:

I'm just stating my opinion based on my knowledge of how some in the Criminal Justice system work to find loopholes to catch people for crimes not related to the initial reason for the encounter.

It's hoq they get away with using it in other areas. Kind of like this example : Let's say a law is passed for " no smoking in the store" ok now we have that law six months later now we have a law that says we can't smoke on the corners, then our cars, then our buses, apartments, own homes, spill over .....

This spy gadget they'll say they had to do this or that because they suspected this or that which gave them the right to use this spy ware. See where i'm going kinda. lol

i wonder how the system would know if the kid in the back seat or the person in the passenger seat is the one using the cell...

also, maybe someone is calling you and leaving a voice mail and you never touched the phone but the cell is active as the voice mail is being left.

i wonder how the system would know if the kid in the back seat or the person in the passenger seat is the one using the cell...

Yeah, it seems like this should never go beyond being a warning sign for drivers. There are too many ways for a phone to be used legally in a car, at least in the US. I don't know the specific laws in the UK.

Anything that gets these retards off of their phones while they are driving. You are going to risk other people's lives or yours because of a stupid text? Get off the phone!

What is so funny are the laws in place already saying DO NOT TEXT and Drive and ppl do it anyway. We see it all the time as the morons are looking down texting away.

But I still do not agree with this BS because it's EVERYONE tha tpays the price of giving up privacy Where in the fk do we draw the line since really in reality NO LAWS WORK NO MATTER HOW MANY WE LAY DOWN!...... Proof of that is Everywhere.

Anything that gets these retards off of their phones while they are driving. You are going to risk other people's lives or yours because of a stupid text? Get off the phone!

What is so funny are the laws in place already saying DO NOT TEXT and Drive and ppl do it anyway. We see it all the time as the morons are looking down texting away.

But I still do not agree with this BS because it's EVERYONE tha tpays the price of giving up privacy Where in the fk do we draw the line since really in reality NO LAWS WORK NO MATTER HOW MANY WE LAY DOWN!...... Proof of that is Everywhere.
We have no privacy.
I’m not joking.
They know where you live, work, shop and drive.

Gubbmint mandated seat belts.
Gubbmint mandated shoulder harnesses.
Gubbmint mandated catalytic converters.
So why not mandate cellphone signal blockers in every car sold or resold?
Why not mandate monthly inspections to be sure the blockers are present and working?
What could be more "progressive"?

Forum List

Back