New Rampage Killing by a Senior in NY State

Circe

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2013
Aeaea
So the news is reporting the usual school lockdown and rampage shooting deaths, four so far and two more wounded, gunman still loose, in New York State today 3/13.

This one seems to be another demented senior, so far ---

The message identified the gunman as a man in his 60s, with a white beard and driving a red Jeep Cherokee. A text alert a few minutes later said the campus was on lockdown. Another alert advised people to remain inside buildings until further notice.

Read more: Police converge on Herkimer, New York jewelry store after deadly shooting spree | Fox News

The focus seems to have been on a car wash, a jewelry store, and a barbershop.

The police apparently know who he is, as they removed six long guns from what seems to be his apartment. It will be interesting to see whether he used an assault rifle for the killings.

So the news is reporting the usual school lockdown and rampage shooting deaths, four so far and two more wounded, gunman still loose, in New York State today 3/13.

The message identified the gunman as a man in his 60s, with a white beard and driving a red Jeep Cherokee. A text alert a few minutes later said the campus was on lockdown. Another alert advised people to remain inside buildings until further notice.

Read more: Police converge on Herkimer, New York jewelry store after deadly shooting spree | Fox News

The police apparently know who he is, as they removed six long guns from what seems to be his apartment. It will be interesting to see whether he used an assault rifle for the killings.

It's become almost common place. People barely pay attention unless at least half a dozen are dead.

It's become almost common place. People barely pay attention unless at least half a dozen are dead.
And yet, the news reports on it like its the first time its happened. Go figure.

Impossible. New York has stringent gun control.

Yeah...........:razz: That's really working.........

This shooting is very like the elderly New York State ex-felon this past December who fired his home and then shot and killed firefighters who responded. Maybe it's a copycat thing. Psychotic or demented shooters are big on copycat crimes.

This guy today, Kurt Meyers age 64, also fired his apartment and then went around town shooting. I'll be interested in whether he used an assault rifle and also whether he shot women and/or children, as is the usual custom ----- though I have to admit that since the casualties were at a car wash/lube place and a barbershop, I would guess his victims are men. They've locked down EVERYthing in the area, especially schools, since he's still at large and may well want to get his hit count higher.

Myers_-FINAL_244x183.jpg

Darn, this is a nice-looking, normal-looking man! He may not look so good now as he does in the picture, if he's gone demented, as is surely the case. I seriously question whether older men should be allowed to have guns. Too many of them are going off when their "brains soften," as people used to say in the South --- the count is nearly as bad as the young schizophrenics lately!

Age rage.

We stop giving older people driving licenses when they are no longer able to drive capably. Given all these older men going off their heads, it's time to start thinking about that issue with senior men who own guns, IMO.

Last edited:
NY is a blue state. Can it be yet another example of left wing violence?

Probably not, given that the police took six long guns out of this guy's blown-up apartment. Guess he had too many to carry them all. Large numbers of guns is more a rightwing pattern.

These men who claim to own 20 or 40 guns --- I always wonder how they intend to CARRY them all when they go out to shoot people. Adam Lanza was really loaded down, and he only carried four with him, plus all the extra high-capacity magazines. I don't know how he managed to walk, being such a little thin person.

I wish people would limit themselves to no more guns than they can carry at once, when they go out to shoot up the town. Otherwise, you know, they'll have to leave some behind --- heartbreaking choices, no doubt.

And yet, the news reports on it like its the first time its happened. Go figure.

For each of those dead people, it IS the first time it has happened.

Likely, its the first time for each of their family members as well.

Ridiculous, I know - how we all get upset at the piles of dead bodies getting higher and higher. I would bet however, that if if it were your family member, or CHILD, you would be a tiny bit upset.

But maybe not.

According to the gun people, this guy could have killed them all with a hammer, so no problem.......

They thought they had caught him a couple hours ago, but apparently not.

WTF does it matter if he used an "assault rifle" or not?
The point is, there are dead people from a crazy
Quit spouting your agenda
fuckin disgusting

For each of those dead people, it IS the first time it has happened.

Likely, its the first time for each of their family members as well.

Ridiculous, I know - how we all get upset at the piles of dead bodies getting higher and higher. I would bet however, that if if it were your family member, or CHILD, you would be a tiny bit upset.

But maybe not.

YOU don't get upset, you are positively delighted by it.

will be interesting to see whether he used an assault rifle for the killings.

"Police say Myers' rampage started with a fire in his apartment in the nearby village of Mohawk at about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. They say he then used a shotgun shot to shoot four people, two fatally, at a barbershop around the corner before killing two more at a Herkimer oil change and car wash business. "

will be interesting to see whether he used an assault rifle for the killings.

"Police say Myers' rampage started with a fire in his apartment in the nearby village of Mohawk at about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. They say he then used a shotgun shot to shoot four people, two fatally, at a barbershop around the corner before killing two more at a Herkimer oil change and car wash business. "
It's rare for shotguns to be used to murder.
But not as rare as rifles.
And the class of gun -least- used to murder? Assault rifles.

Why will that be interesting? Will it make the victims less dead?

I mean, for an analogy, if I got news that a friend or relative had been injured (or killed) in a car collision, among my questions would not be, "what kind of tires were on the other car?" ...

Last edited:
So, the police killed the senior shooter.

Man Who Fatally Shot 4 in Upstate New York Is Killed by Police

New York Times 3/14

HERKIMER, N.Y. - A gunman who shot six people, killing four of them, in upstate New York on Wednesday before firing at police and barricading himself in a building was killed early Thursday morning when police stormed his hideout.

Why will that be interesting?

It is interesting because the new psychosis fashion, at least for the young crazies, is to use the military glamour guns like they see in the video games they play --- assault rifles. And today the Senate Democrats are introducing a bill to ban assault rifles: high time, too.

However, it's looking like this Kurt Myer guy used a shotgun. They took a lot of long guns out of his apartment, and I wonder if any of them are assault rifles. Basically, it's a bad sign if people have assault rifles: it's pretty clear that means the owner wants to assault people! Since that's what they're for. I think if a man has assault rifles, he should be watched carefully; by owning it he is showing he wants to run around killing a lot of people. Which obviously makes him a public danger.

Will it make the victims less dead?

I mean, for an analogy, if I got news that a friend or relative had been injured (or killed) in a car collision, among my questions would not be, "what kind of tires were on the other car?" ...

None of this is relevant to the issue.

Not all "assault rifles" are military grade. The AR 15 for example, is different style than what the military uses. The AR was made for civilian use. They are the most fun at target practice. XXXXXXX. This is the CDZ. Keep the discourse clean. -Intense

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back