New Orleans PD takes down recruitment ad an hour after it goes live

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
27K worth folks.

NEW ORLEANS — On Wednesday, the New Orleans Police Department posted a 30-second recruitment ad to its social media accounts. An hour later, it was taken down due to “negative commentary.”

The recruitment ad, called “Everywhere Else is Cleveland,” riffing on a Tennessee Williams quote, cost the department over $27,000. The 30-second ad was created by a local filmmaker to feature “something progressive and awesome to get officers who would embrace our culture,” director Crista Rock told NOLA.com.

The ad features Mardi Gras dancers and characters moving around a New Orleans officer. “The video was removed because we didn’t want anyone to be offended by the negative commentary,” PIO Reese Harper said.

NOPD officials told NOLA.com they’re unsure what their plan is moving forward with the ad.

Cleveland is boring......Like drink yourself to death and wallow in misery boring.

NOLA is where you drink yourself to death in motion while being entertained.

As far as shitholes go…It is like comparing different kinds of shit.

It’s all shit, all the time.

Downtown Cleveland is a thriving place, and it actually gets high marks as a place to live when it is not winter. New Orleans is truly a shithole, and while the French Quarter might be cool, the town is not safe anywhere else.

27K worth folks.

NEW ORLEANS — On Wednesday, the New Orleans Police Department posted a 30-second recruitment ad to its social media accounts. An hour later, it was taken down due to “negative commentary.”

The recruitment ad, called “Everywhere Else is Cleveland,” riffing on a Tennessee Williams quote, cost the department over $27,000. The 30-second ad was created by a local filmmaker to feature “something progressive and awesome to get officers who would embrace our culture,” director Crista Rock told NOLA.com.

The ad features Mardi Gras dancers and characters moving around a New Orleans officer. “The video was removed because we didn’t want anyone to be offended by the negative commentary,” PIO Reese Harper said.

NOPD officials told NOLA.com they’re unsure what their plan is moving forward with the ad.

Cleveland is boring......Like drink yourself to death and wallow in misery boring.

New Orleans, along with NYC is a city that I have absolutely no desire to ever visit.

Downtown Cleveland is a thriving place, and it actually gets high marks as a place to live when it is not winter. New Orleans is truly a shithole, and while the French Quarter might be cool, the town is not safe anywhere else.

Over 20 years ago I was there on business, took a stroll in the morning outside of the visitors area as I wanted to see the city, even though I only went a few blocks from the hotel.

Some guy was holding up a post and asked me if I had a cigarette, I firmly told him "no" as I believe he was sizing me up for something. He had a bit of a wry smile as if to say "ok buddy, I see you, I will go for the next guy"/

It is what it is. Opportunists I suppose.

27K worth folks.

jEO15Jb.jpg

Forum List

Back