New Neg Rep Rule Extreme and Unfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Righties were saying "I have no problem with phone-tapping if you have nothing to hide" :rolleyes: when Prez Cheney was tapping our phones.

If your not a seriel-negger, why give a fuck unless you are a seriel-negger. :dunno:

I agree, it seems the right wingers are throwing a pissy fit because they are no longer allowed to show off their childish thuggery by non-stop neg repping people they don't agree with. I think it's a great new rule put in by the mods :clap2:

:lmao:

from the whiner.....

My money is on you for part of this meltdown whine.

So one can very quickly assume that this new neg rep rule is because a few whiners, the ole wheel that squeaks gets the grease rule, that have ruined it for EVERYONE, and I think most that have been here awhile know exactly who those, (BDBoop), people are.

But with that aside, this new rule is very extreme, and with new members that virtually NEVER read the rules, it's unfair as well as extreme.

One, to wipe out what took YEARS for most here to acquire for what could be an HONEST MISTAKE is unjust.

Two, for admin to assume every person on the board, old and new, is going to be aware of this rule is ludicrous.

Three, if this abortion is to stay however, then it should be written into the board software so that it's just something you CAN'T DO, as you CAN'T pos rep someone more than twenty times in twenty four hours, then you shouldn't be able to neg rep someone more than twice in 48 hours. If one limit can be written into the board software, then so can the other. Why impose such strict, over the top, outlandishly unjust and unfair punishments? Is it a trap? Is it a joke? What's the reasoning? Who thought this atrocity up? I think you will see people leaving the board, and for sure those "supporting memers" will fall off. Not a smart way to run a board.

This is a big mistake.

My two cents.

My "quick assumption" is that you are free to start your own board as others have and run it any way you choose to.

I don't really have a dog in this fight having given exactly one neg since I've participated in this MB.

If one of your goals in being here is to give negs then you probably will push your luck and OD by negativity. Live by the neg rep..die by the neg rep.. Seems fair.

I've thought long and hard about this (okay for a few seconds and not really that hard) and I've realized something...I'm gonna need more rep than ever if I'm going to be a power to be reckoned with when it comes to neg repping. If I can only neg rep once in 48 hours, I'm gonna have to be real powerful so I can really knock them out....him...how do I get about 100,000,000 rep points? Until then, I will continue not to neg rep anybody....

I really actually like the new rules, but I think Pale has raised an important issue. If members come back from a temporary ban or for whatever reason have been away from the board for a week or so, they won't likely think to look to see if there are any new rules when they get active again. And it would be unfortunate to have such a severe 'death' penalty imposed out of ignorance or inadvertent carelessness. So I've suggested one warning and one warning only just in case somebody isn't aware of the new rule.

I am trusting the mod staff to take into account board malfunctions. A couple of time, due to malfunctions, intended pos reps have been recorded as neg reps. Did it to Rattie once; to Si Modo once. Corrected the error myself once the glitch had been fixed, but I would be major pissed to lose my rep and rep privileges over something like that.

I remember when Righties were saying "I have no problem with phone-tapping if you have nothing to hide" :rolleyes: when Prez Cheney was tapping our phones.

If your not a seriel-negger, why give a fuck unless you are a seriel-negger. :dunno:

I agree, it seems the right wingers are throwing a pissy fit because they are no longer allowed to show off their childish thuggery by non-stop neg repping people they don't agree with. I think it's a great new rule put in by the mods :clap2:

from the whiner.....

Here is some cheese with your whine

Cheese-is-yellow.jpg

I've thought long and hard about this (okay for a few seconds and not really that hard) and I've realized something...I'm gonna need more rep than ever if I'm going to be a power to be reckoned with when it comes to neg repping. If I can only neg rep once in 48 hours, I'm gonna have to be real powerful so I can really knock them out....him...how do I get about 100,000,000 rep points? Until then, I will continue not to neg rep anybody....

You can only neg rep the same poster once in 48 hours (iow, no 'spreading it around' so you can go back and neg that same poster again); you can neg rep other posters until your rep runs out for that time period.

That's how I read it anyways.

:lol:

So one can very quickly assume that this new neg rep rule is because a few whiners, the ole wheel that squeaks gets the grease rule, that have ruined it for EVERYONE, and I think most that have been here awhile know exactly who those, (BDBoop), people are.

But with that aside, this new rule is very extreme, and with new members that virtually NEVER read the rules, it's unfair as well as extreme.

One, to wipe out what took YEARS for most here to acquire for what could be an HONEST MISTAKE is unjust.

Two, for admin to assume every person on the board, old and new, is going to be aware of this rule is ludicrous.

Three, if this abortion is to stay however, then it should be written into the board software so that it's just something you CAN'T DO, as you CAN'T pos rep someone more than twenty times in twenty four hours, then you shouldn't be able to neg rep someone more than twice in 48 hours. If one limit can be written into the board software, then so can the other. Why impose such strict, over the top, outlandishly unjust and unfair punishments? Is it a trap? Is it a joke? What's the reasoning? Who thought this atrocity up? I think you will see people leaving the board, and for sure those "supporting memers" will fall off. Not a smart way to run a board.

This is a big mistake.

My two cents.

My "quick assumption" is that you are free to start your own board as others have and run it any way you choose to.

I don't really have a dog in this fight having given exactly one neg since I've participated in this MB.

If one of your goals in being here is to give negs then you probably will push your luck and OD by negativity. Live by the neg rep..die by the neg rep.. Seems fair.
I already do have my own board, and I would never pull something like this there.

It's the cry babies that brought this about, and my guess is it's less than five people, and the board has over thirty thousand members that will now have to suffer the consequences of just a handle full of little cry babies, and my bet is they're all liberals because we all know how liberals are. If a conservative doesn't want a gun, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't want a gun, they don't want anyone else to be able to buy one either. So goes the new rep rule.

Last edited:

You can only neg rep the same poster once in 48 hours (iow, no 'spreading it around' so you can go back and neg that same poster again); you can neg rep other posters until your rep runs out for that time period.

That's how I read it anyways.

With 100,000,000 rep points, I'd only have to neg them ONCE...:D

This new rule?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...lines-for-giving-out-negative-reputation.html

Rep is back to 20 in 24 hrs (I'm glad about that, 5 in 24 hours was really a small amount, imo) ; negging the same person more than once in a 48 hour period will get you whacked. Permanently, no exceptions. Seems pretty fair to me.

I never understood serial neg repping anyway ...

Why would you rep Cheerios?

Honey Nuts!

Nut'n Bitch

:badgrin:

This new rule?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...lines-for-giving-out-negative-reputation.html

Rep is back to 20 in 24 hrs (I'm glad about that, 5 in 24 hours was really a small amount, imo) ; negging the same person more than once in a 48 hour period will get you whacked. Permanently, no exceptions. Seems pretty fair to me.

I never understood serial neg repping anyway ...

Why would you rep Cheerios?

Honey Nuts!

:eusa_hand:
Cracklin' Oat Bran!

from the whiner.....

Here is some cheese with your whine

Cheese-is-yellow.jpg

Considering if don't whine like a pussy about neg reps..... that is funny coming from you. :eusa_whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back