New Mexico woman defends daughter accused of throwing baby in dumpster

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
In my opinion, people should really quit attempting to defend that which is indefensible.

As New Mexico authorities are accepting non-monetary donations on behalf of a baby boy abandoned in a dumpster in the city of Hobbs and for other children under state care, the mother of the woman accused of abandoning him is telling reporters, "Everybody makes mistakes."

Alexis Avila, 18, has been charged with attempted murder and child abuse in connection with the incident, according to city police. She allegedly wrapped the baby in a blood-soaked towel and two garbage bags, then abandoned him in 36-degree weather with his umbilical cord still attached.

More than five hours later, the cameras show a group of people fishing through the dumpster and pulling the baby out.

More than five hours later, the cameras show a group of people fishing through the dumpster and pulling the baby out. (Joe Imbriale/Rig Outfitters)
NEW MEXICO TEEN MOM THROWS NEWBORN BABY IN DUMPSTER IN SHOCKING VIDEO

A woman who picked up the phone at a number listed for her mother, Martha Avila, said it was the wrong number Tuesday.

But the elder Avila defended her daughter to a Daily Mail reporter outside her home in the city of Hobbs.

"People can preach all they want, they can judge all they want, but we only care about the judgment of one," she told the outlet.

Alexis Avila, 18, is expected to be arraigned Jan. 12 at Lea County District Court in Lovington, New Mexico, after allegedly abandoning her newborn baby in a dumpster.

New Mexico woman defends daughter accused of throwing baby in dumpster

There is nothing to be said to defend what happened, but you gotta expect the girl's mother to try.

The girl's mother should be charged as an accessory to attempted murder.

The very fact that she doesn't think there is any guilt? That shows conspiracy right there.

The very fact that she doesn't think there is any guilt? That shows conspiracy right there.
The mother sure as hell will be investigated.

There is nothing to be said to defend what happened, but you gotta expect the girl's mother to try.
I sure as hell wouldn't suggest that the moral indignation of others in the face of such a horrific act was untoward if it were my daughter. The mother's moral compass is wack. Of course folks are going to be morally shocked.

I sure as hell wouldn't suggest that the moral indignation of others in the face of such a horrific act was untoward if it were my daughter. The mother's moral compass is wack. Of course folks are going to be morally shocked.
The mother's moral compass is not working at all. If I were in her position, mine might not be working either. I'm not saying that is right or good, just that it is not unexpected.

i am kinda sick of parents voiding morals when it comes to their kids....ie brian laundries why arent they in jail..cause in florida its not against the law cause you are defending your child? wtf?

The daughter should have taken steps to prevent pregnancy. Contraception is available. Contraception is a modern miracle

The mother's moral compass is not working at all. If I were in her position, mine might not be working either. I'm not saying that is right or good, just that it is not unexpected.
Not unexpected? Dude, her daughter threw her own baby into a dumpster. That's sociopathic. There's nothing routine about the mother's reaction.

In my opinion, people should really quit attempting to defend that which is indefensible.

Well there goes the Republican and Democrat party.

Sorry, more directly on topic. New Mexico is a Safe Haven state which means she could have dropped the baby off at many locations legally and not been charged with anything so there is no excuse for what she did here.

Yes she should be charged.

Safe Haven for Infants Law: New Mexico's legislation to protect newborns

The daughter should be charged for attempted murder. Honestly I'd be ok with execution, at the very least she should be sterilized and put in jail for atleast 10 years.

I second this. If the baby was most definitely no longer a part of another person's body, what happened to it should most definitely be labeled attempted murder.

God bless you and the baby always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back