New Member Types

I just went from Senior Member to VIP Member...and I'm not sure I like it. I may change mine to Uppity Senior Citizen!

I do like the fact that when you start a thread, [OP] appears by your name thereafter in that thread. This is a plus!

The more points/trophies you accumulate determines your status. So a person who signs up today will be a rookie. As they post and people like/agree with what they have to say it will begin to earn them points/trophies which in turn will move them up the ladder (rookie, member, active member, senior member, VIP member, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond)

Total post count will no longer mean higher member status. A new user can move through the ranks rather quickly or sit at the bottom for a long time. It all depends on them. Members that have been here for years can be passed up by someone who just joined 6 months ago...or not. How you like to participate determines what happens

The more points/trophies you accumulate determines your status. So a person who signs up today will be a rookie. As they post and people like/agree with what they have to say it will begin to earn them points/trophies which in turn will move them up the ladder (rookie, member, active member, senior member, VIP member, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond)

Total post count will no longer mean higher member status. A new user can move through the ranks rather quickly or sit at the bottom for a long time. It all depends on them. Members that have been here for years can be passed up by someone who just joined 6 months ago...or not. How you like to participate determines what happens

So positive feedback doesn't make any difference to a member's standing?

I see at least one that is already Diamond. Is that from previous posting?

Hmmm, I thought that when you decided to nix rep, you didn't want this ranking mentality anymore. Hmmm....

:D

Appparently not. I find that just totally motivating.

Actually, positive feedback does count. I think CK mistyped when he said point/trophies. It's more accurate to say that status is a function of positive feedback plus the trophy points (or at least, that is what I'm inferring).

Appparently not. I find that just totally motivating.

Actually, positive feedback does count. I think CK mistyped when he said point/trophies. It's more accurate to say that status is a function of positive feedback plus the trophy points (or at least, that is what I'm inferring).

Phew! :D

I know what my status is: Human Being.

Hmmm, I thought that when you decided to nix rep, you didn't want this ranking mentality anymore. Hmmm....

:D
It's native to the software. Other forum software moves members through the user titles by how many posts they toss up. Xenforo is based on points/trophies to determine what user titles are. It's not a ranking per se just a user title

Forum List

Back