New member from China

Truman123

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hey ,everybody. I currently teach English in Shenzhen, China.

My major was Politics and I have to admit I'm a junky.

I served in the US Army for four years (including a 2009 deployment to Afghanistan). However, it might surprise some to know that I'm a lifelong Democrat.

Look forward to chatting with all of you.

Thanks.

Yes, I love it here. First came in 2007 on an exchange scholarship to learn Mandarin.

Really wanted to stay longer so I became a teacher. Been here five years altogether. Looking to stay two more.

Sorry not too many have welcomed you yet. Most are in bed. But you will be welcomed shortly when they wake up. :)

Is learning Mandarin hard to do? Got pics of some of the things you see every day that would be interesting to us?

Life long democrat eh? Came at the right time. The conservative purge is over. They have brought balance back to the board.

clinton_laughing.jpg

Mandarin is very hard to learn.

I was trained as a Cavalry Scout (19D), but didn't deploy as one. Long story.

I'm in full support of the protesters in Hong Kong.

Here are a few very random pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4886.JPG
    IMG_4886.JPG
    818.3 KB · Views: 135
:rock:

Attachments

• 1477927_10201573944603316_1387223783_n.jpg
    1477927_10201573944603316_1387223783_n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 1480759_10201607294717048_1077346777_n.jpg
    1480759_10201607294717048_1077346777_n.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 113

I served in the US Army for four years (including a 2009 deployment to Afghanistan). However, it might surprise some to know that I'm a lifelong Democrat.

:welcome:

why do you think that we would be surprised that a teacher that moved to china has been a leftist their entire life?

why do you think that we would be surprised that a teacher that moved to china has been a leftist their entire life?

I was alluding more to the military background.

Actually, I think conservatives would really like business aspects of China.

Lax environmental regulations, for instance.

Welcome, Truman. Depends on the type of dem...Blue dogs are fine...it's those liberal goons that have stolen your party I'm mostly having words with. But always welcome are those who have served; you've done a lot more than most of the rest of us.

My son-in-law served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Different army though; he was cavalry.

Greg

Welcome, Truman. Depends on the type of dem...Blue dogs are fine...it's those liberal goons that have stolen your party I'm mostly having words with. But always welcome are those who have served; you've done a lot more than most of the rest of us.

My son-in-law served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Different army though; he was cavalry.

Greg

Thanks

I was alluding more to the military background.

Actually, I think conservatives would really like business aspects of China.

Lax environmental regulations, for instance.

Nonsense. The Environment is everyone's responsibility. I would be more concerned about the reliability of payments. You on one of those "you can live like a king on 20% of Western wages in China" deals?

Greg

There are some conservative Dems around; I know several good people who are nearly in despair of their once great party....but they're loyal to a fault!! Would make damn fine Republicans!

Greg

Oh, bummer, and here I spent 20s of my life looking this up, Nín hǎo :)

您好

您好

Always nice to be able to greet people in their native language. Effort wasted here though if teaching English in China and not Chinese.

Forum List

Back