New Iraq, Same Old Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by OCA, Jan 7, 2006.

1. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Hey we lost 7 or 8 servicemen on Thursday and I don't know how many the final tally was on the civilians who were slaughtered in the "new democratic Iraq".........................yep that corner has definitely been turned.....right into hell.

Ain't nation building a kick in the pants?

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Hey. It's mr. Sheehan, come to pee on the campfire. Have a s'more and chill.

3. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Yeah i'd say something assinine too if my philosophy were a miserable failure.

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    So out with it. :afro:

5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    This is usually where I move on to more important discussion since i've obviously discovered something deep that RWA doesn't like to talk about, just like how he claims to be a nationalist yet remains firmly ensconced in the beliefs of the neocon new world order types, the antichrists.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    At this point, the "new democratic Iraq" is a long way from being a foregone conclusion. A great many people are misidentifying the mere use (out of convenience) of one particular mechanism of a democracy (i.e. free elections) with "the establishment of a democracy." If they use a democratic mechanism to elect in a theocratic government, then they haven't created a democracy, they've created a theocracy. The Shiite Muslims, and their backing organization, the Islamic Revolution (as established in Iran, and now active in Iraq), are historically radical, oppressive and theocratic. Saddam was an evil and brutal dictator, but the one and only plus he had going for him (by our way of thinking) is that he was a strict secularist. After the toppling of Saddam, I had heard that some of the Republicans in Congress wanted the Ba'ath party to remain in power, because though they had served a dictator, they were secular, and under the right leadership they might represent the best hope for a secular and democratic Iraq. Whether or not they were right, we'll never know.

So, while the situation isn't much improved for our own forces, the Iraqis (at least those who actually do want a Western idea of freedom) may only have a temporary reprieve. We'll just have to wait and see if the Shiites slip back into their old ways or not.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    You were saying you'd say assinine things when your theories are wrong. Well, we're waiting. Oh nevermind, i think this last post of yours qualifies. :rotflmao:

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Lol! RWA I think you posted something to the effect of "we like our ideals and will or want to export them around the world", so in other words you believe in forcing ideals on some country whether they want them or not.

What if the Iraqi's vote in overwhelmingly an Iranian style government? Are we supposed to say no, you will have American democracy whether you like it or not?

Poor little RWA that is NWO internationalism at its finest, you are no more a nationalist than Limbaugh is a flaming lib.

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Fine. Let's let the mullahs get nukes, and turn their populations into human bombs against the western world. Good idea, Erkle.

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You didn't answer his question. What do you think we should do if the government they voted in turns into a theocracy run by the Islamic Revolution (which it appears may well happen)? Do we just cut our losses and leave it that way, or do we force the whole process to start again until they vote in the government that we want (not the one they want), thus even further eroding what trust they do have in our intentions? What's your answer? That question has been coming up a lot of late, and oh, how the right wing squirms when it is asked!