New Gallup Poll- 1 out of 5 won't vote for a Mormon

Those who say they will not vote for a Morman are bigoted know-nothings, just as those were who said they could not vote for a Catholic (JFK) People in Nevada don't seem to mind that Harry Reid is a Morman. Oh, that is right, he has a D after his name so it doesn't matter.

I wouldn't vote for Harry Reid, either.

And the fact you spell it "Morman" tells me you haven't even bothered to educate yourself on what htey believe and what they think of non-Mormons.

"I don't know what Mormons believe, but I'm sure it's fine, Derpa-derp!"

Not much. Not often. He's not running for President.

OK Joey boy. If Harry Reid was running against Mitt Romney, who would you vote for?
How about if Reid was running against Mike Huckabee? Joe Lieberman? Patrick Kennedy?

If it was Reid vs. Romney, I'd vote third party.

If Reid were running against Huckabee, Leiberman or Patrick Kennedy, I'd vote for any of those guys first.
Consistent in your bigotry, at least.
Tell me. Did JFK presise as a Catholic and ban all contraception? Did he consult the Pope before blockading Cuba?
Does obama preside as a follower of Black Liberation Theology?
Why would you think Mitt Romney's religion would effect his policy?

Tell me. Did JFK presise as a Catholic and ban all contraception? Did he consult the Pope before blockading Cuba?

Because Catholicism is a religion.

Mormonism is a cult.

The Pope could tell all Catholics to do X, and most of them would look at him funny.

The Mormon Prophet tells them to do X, and they all do it. He said, Support Prop Hate in California (where few Mormons actually live) and LDS across the country emptied out their children's college funds to support it.

Yes, I think Romney, a former Missionary, Bishop and Stake PResident of his Cult, would let his religion guide his decisions.

Those who say they will not vote for a Morman are bigoted know-nothings, just as those were who said they could not vote for a Catholic (JFK) People in Nevada don't seem to mind that Harry Reid is a Morman. Oh, that is right, he has a D after his name so it doesn't matter.

And the fact you spell it "Morman" tells me you haven't even bothered to educate yourself on what htey believe and what they think of non-Mormons.

Could it be that he doesn't give a shit what religion Romney follows? Why do you project your bigotry on others?

Mormonism is a cult.

The Pope could tell all Catholics to do X, and most of them would look at him funny.

The Mormon Prophet tells them to do X, and they all do it. He said, Support Prop Hate in California (where few Mormons actually live) and LDS across the country emptied out their children's college funds to support it.

Yes, I think Romney, a former Missionary, Bishop and Stake PResident of his Cult, would let his religion guide his decisions.
You're full of shit, you bigot!

Could it be that he doesn't give a shit what religion Romney follows? Why do you project your bigotry on others?

I don't.

I just point out what the poll says. ANd the polls have said pretty much the same thing since 1967, that people who know what crazy batshit stupidity Mormon believe in vote against them, because they are just too scary and creepy.

The only saving grace that Romney has is that according to the poll, about 43% haven't figured out he's a Mormon.... yet.

But when the media starts talking about Polygamy and Sister Wives and the Mountain Meadows Massacre and Magic Underpants and Baptizing Dead people, Romney's going to have so explaining to do...

Mormonism is a cult.

I suppose you can show me how his religion affected his administration when he was the governor of Massachusetts? If you can't, you lose again, bigot.

Look how much the Mormon religion get's trashed just on this board add to that TV, newspapers, magazines,and websites trashing it for the simple reason a Mormon is running for President and we see that religious bigotry is alive and well.

OR that people are rationally evaluating a cult and it's bizarre behavior.

Now, pretending for a moment that it isn't Obama running, because some of you jokers can't get over your racism....er... disdain for the man.

Is any religion too freakish to disqualify the person?

Scientologists?
Branch Davidian?
Satanists?
Muslims?

There's lines you wouldn't cross.

Hell, I'm an atheist, and I know an atheist could never get elected in this country until we spend another century evolving.
Referring to the religion as cult and calling it bizarre more than makes my point about the religious bigotry. As for the other religions you brought up it depends have they let their religious beliefs take precedent over the Constitution and laws of the country same with the atheist if the answer is no that would not disqualify them. For the record I have seen no evidence that Romney has ever put his religious beliefs over the Constitution or laws of the country.

I don't.

I just point out what the poll says. ANd the polls have said pretty much the same thing since 1967, that people who know what crazy batshit stupidity Mormon believe in vote against them, because they are just too scary and creepy.

The only saving grace that Romney has is that according to the poll, about 43% haven't figured out he's a Mormon.... yet.

But when the media starts talking about Polygamy and Sister Wives and the Mountain Meadows Massacre and Magic Underpants and Baptizing Dead people, Romney's going to have so explaining to do...
What ever happened in your life to make you so hateful towards Mormons must have been a doozy.
Let me tell you son, there are assholes in all religions. If you can be so traumatized by an incident in your youth that the effects last so much later in life, you have some serious problems and should really seek help.

Bigot: noun

1. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion: intolerance, prejudice. ex. Mormons suck

2. insult hurled by liberals when they are losing an argument

3. JoeB

You do realize that by adding #3 you just painted yourself as #2, right?

you lost any credibility with me Joe as soon as you said this.......

because you hate the black guy so much...

so your another one of them?......i cant dislike Obama because of his policies and what he wants?.....its because the fucker is a black guy?....your no better than assholes like Dean.....

If you had legitimate policy complaints, I'd give you credence... but you don't.

The GOP is about hate at this point. Sadly. They are against things Obama is doing that they totally supported six years ago... because the Black Guy Did It.

There's a difference between having a valid policy disagreement and just being a contrarian.

oh i dont? ...ok Joey....if you say so.....i guess we all must like Obama because Joey says we should,because Joey likes EVERYTHING the guy does without Question and so should everyone else....is that how it goes Joey?....if you disagree its because you dont like his Policies......if i do its because he is Black.....is that how you play your politically correct bullshit game Joey?....

[

I suppose you can show me how his religion affected his administration when he was the governor of Massachusetts? If you can't, you lose again, bigot.

It would be like saying, "Hey, can you prove your brother's Pit Bull ever bit anyone."

WHich I couldn't have until the day it latched its jaws onto his mother-in-law's face and she needed 120 stitches...

I think when you know something is dangerous, you don't wait for it to do something bad...

Oh for Christs sakes.

Like anyone is gonna take order from Salt Lake??

Jesus Joe sure hates Mormons.

Me? I could care if Romney worships an idol in the corner in his underware no less.

I just want a Prez who can get this country up and running and I think he can do that job.

He will have my vote.

Okay, I have to call you out here. Would you REALLY vote for....let's say, a Pagan? Would you actually embrace someone who, as a matter of religion, believes in the divinity of Earth Mother, draws down the moon, holds night time rituals on the equinoxes and solstices, practices magick, and believes that sex is a sacred rite? Would you be willing to vote for a professed La Veyan Satanist? I'm inclined to think the answer is "no."

The GOP is about hate at this point.

What you mean to say is that YOU hate the GOP, you idiotic, bigoted, race-baiting, insecure, hyper-partisan loser.

No, I think I made my complaint pretty clear.

The GOP is about getting stupid people to vote against their own economic interests by appealing to their other anxieties. Fear of non-whites, fear of the gay, fear of empowered women, fear of themselves...

you lost any credibility with me Joe as soon as you said this.......

because you hate the black guy so much...

so your another one of them?......i cant dislike Obama because of his policies and what he wants?.....its because the fucker is a black guy?....your no better than assholes like Dean.....

If you had legitimate policy complaints, I'd give you credence... but you don't.

The GOP is about hate at this point. Sadly. They are against things Obama is doing that they totally supported six years ago... because the Black Guy Did It.

There's a difference between having a valid policy disagreement and just being a contrarian.

oh i dont? ...ok Joey....if you say so.....i guess we all must like Obama because Joey says we should,because Joey likes EVERYTHING the guy does without Question and so should everyone else....is that how it goes Joey?....if you disagree its because you dont like his Policies......if i do its because he is Black.....is that how you play your politically correct bullshit game Joey?....

Guy, you idiots were all for mandates six years ago... until the black guy did it.

You were for immigration reform. Until the black guy did it.

You were for Tarp. Until the black guy did it.

Mormonism is a cult.

. He said, Support Prop Hate in California (where few Mormons actually live) and LDS across the country emptied out their children's college funds to support it.
so your saying a hell of a lot of Democrats out here are so dumb and gullible that they will follow and believe what a "Cult" tells them?.....right?.....

The GOP has a lot of problems beyond Romney's bizarre freakish cult.

Point out ONE SINGLE RELIGION that isn't a bizarre freakish cult?

Um, actually, most of them.

There's an old joke, what's the difference between a religion and a cult?

about 300 years.

After a few centuries, a religion solidifies, becomes a code of ethics and morals. Oh, they still have some bizarre rituals and fairy stories... but the intelligent people don't take them seriously.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have no use for any religion. I hope for the day we learn to cope without them.

But if we can't even debunk the obvious frauds like Mormonism, what chance do we have.

Forum List

Back