New Gallup Poll- 1 out of 5 won't vote for a Mormon

1) that was the wording of the Gallup Article, not my words.

2) You leave out half the sentence... which states it increase not from the last time this poll was taken but along party lines. Here, i'll help you you, here's the part of the sentence you left out...

Oh, gee, the whole sentence actually takes on a completely different meaning, doesn't it?

That's his MO.

Just keeping it real. Did negativity toward a Mormon candidate increase, as his quotes suggest, or did it in fact decrease?

again, that's not what the quote suggests. It says that it increases from Republicans to INdpendents to Democrats... And frankly, it's pretty clearly stated in English....

So either you are intellectually dishonest or have serious reading comprehension problems.

Which means that 4 out of 5 people would vote for a Mormon. That's excellent news.

Um, no. It means that 1 out of five will not vote for one regardless of anything else.

Probably just enough to cost Romney the election.

You see, I'd have voted for Santorum, Gingrich, or T-Paw.

I won't vote for Romney.

Multiply that by 20% of the population, and ROmney's toast.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons to vote against Romney that have nothing to do with the whacky cult he belongs to...

That’s unfortunate.

Romney should be rejected because he’s wrong on the issues, not because of his religion. But for most Americans voting for president is ‘personal.’

Well first off..Romney injected religion into the campaign. Not once..but several times.

Secondly..Republicans hold religion as a litmus test for office.

This is a shitstorm of their own making.

I seem to remember that loads of folks would never elect a Catholic to the presidency?? Some horseshit about the Pope running the country??

John F. Kennedy anyone??

That’s unfortunate.

Romney should be rejected because he’s wrong on the issues, not because of his religion. But for most Americans voting for president is ‘personal.’

Well first off..Romney injected religion into the campaign. Not once..but several times.

Secondly..Republicans hold religion as a litmus test for office.

This is a shitstorm of their own making.

You really don't want to go there with the shit storm of their making do you? :badgrin:
gun running dead border guard failed economy shall I go on?

1) that was the wording of the Gallup Article, not my words.

2) You leave out half the sentence... which states it increase not from the last time this poll was taken but along party lines. Here, i'll help you you, here's the part of the sentence you left out...

Oh, gee, the whole sentence actually takes on a completely different meaning, doesn't it?

That's his MO.

Just keeping it real. Did negativity toward a Mormon candidate increase, as his quotes suggest, or did it in fact decrease?

Fitting that you proved my point by editing my post but whatever.

He never claimed that the negativity towards a Mormon candidate increased. In fact, he stated quite clearly that it has decreased.

Your problem is that pathological lying mixed with poor reading comprehension = an epic failure of a poster i.e. you.

Negativity toward a Mormon candidate increases from 10% among Republicans to 18% among independents to 24% among Democrats

^----All this is saying is that it's 10% among Republicans and that number increases to 18% among Independents, and increases to 24% among Democrats.

He further went on to say that those numbers are a decrease from the year prior:

When Gallup took the same poll last year, the numbers were 18% of Republicans, 19% of Independents and 27% of Democrats. So the number has moved down 8% for Republicans (you all fall into line like whipped dogs. Well, most of you, I refused to.) and 3% for Democrats. It's the number for independents which has remained unchanged, and that's the one Romney needs to worry about.

You really are a lying moron.

Last edited:
Which means that 4 out of 5 people would vote for a Mormon. That's excellent news.

Um, no. It means that 1 out of five will not vote for one regardless of anything else.

I won't vote for Romney.

Of course, there are plenty of reasons to vote against Romney that have nothing to do with the whacky cult he belongs to...

Yea, we are painfully aware of your anti-Mormon views.... you repeat it constantly... it's almost like you think other people give a shit.

4 out of 5 Americans would vote for a Mormon... that's not bad numbers... whichever way you try to spin it.

I seem to remember that loads of folks would never elect a Catholic to the presidency?? Some horseshit about the Pope running the country??

John F. Kennedy anyone??

You mean JFK who had to come right out and say he would never take direction from Rome?

Will Romney make a similar commitment that he won't take orders from Salt Lake City?

Or will Monson be able to call him on the Bat-Phone and get whatever he wants?

080101super_mitt_romney.jpg

I won't vote for Romney.

Yea, we are painfully aware of your anti-Mormon views.... you repeat it constantly... it's almost like you think other people give a shit.

4 out of 5 Americans would vote for a Mormon... that's not bad numbers... whichever way you try to spin it.

Actually, those are horrible numbers... made worse by the fact that about half the people asked don't know Mitt is a Mormon. Yet. Good luck trying to keep that under wraps until November.

The key numbers are not the 24% of Democrats who won't vote for a Mormon cultist, since they were voting for a Democrat, anyway.

It's the 17% of independents who won't, and the 10% of Republicans.

Keep in mind, Mitt only wins if he gets everyone who voted for McCain last time to vote for him, and then he gets 5 million of the folks who voted for Obama last time to change their minds.

Not easy to do when about 20% of them think you're a weirdo.

Bigot: noun

1. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion: intolerance, prejudice. ex. Mormons suck

2. insult hurled by liberals when they are losing an argument

3. JoeB

Oh for Christs sakes.

Like anyone is gonna take order from Salt Lake??

Jesus Joe sure hates Mormons.

Me? I could care if Romney worships an idol in the corner in his underware no less.

I just want a Prez who can get this country up and running and I think he can do that job.

He will have my vote.

Bigot: noun

1. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion: intolerance, prejudice. ex. Mormons suck

2. insult hurled by liberals when they are losing an argument

3. JoeB

Sorry, you don't believe Joseph Smith was talking to God any more than I do.

I know it's a concept, but I refuse to pretend he was. I guess you can try to treat it as valid because you hate the black guy so much...

Romney has chosen to believe batshit things and has spent a large part of his life promoting it.

If it was something he was proud of, he wouldn't avoid the subject now.

Oh for Christs sakes.

Me? I could care if Romney worships an idol in the corner in his underware no less.

I just want a Prez who can get this country up and running and I think he can do that job.

He will have my vote.

I think you need to read a little about Mormon beliefs.

The leader of the Mormon Church is called "the Prophet" and they think he's talking directly to God. That's their beleif. (Unlike Catholics who treat the Pople like a senile uncle you don't leave alone with the kids.)

Romney really thinks Monson is talking to God. I think that's kind of important when you are applying for a job that involves having control of nuclear weapons.

Oh for Christs sakes.

He will have my vote.
Joey fears a 'Theocracy'...I know this might be alarming to him? He already lives in one led by Progressives/Big Government (which he so glaringly suppoerts) trying to run every aspect of his life.

So the number has moved down 8% for Republicans (you all fall into line like whipped dogs. Well, most of you, I refused to.) and 3% for Democrats. It's the number for independents which has remained unchanged

So the bigotry decreased, not increased as your supporting quote claimed.

Thanks for playin.

That religious bigotry won't matter Obama is a black liberation theologian and/or closet Muslim. Possibly non American (I personally believe that more every second, the commies and Soros who funded Obama's life would want a non citizen for collapsing us? Oh sorry I'm ranting hmmm I sure welcome a Mormon anytime over the most secretive transparent Marxist guy.

Forum List

Back