new donations?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay step up and explain....are they donations...ie...as in 5 bucks or memberships as in 14.99 and then are we gonnna go for upgrading things we want...lol...maybe?

I donate from my paycheck to the food bank and I think one other charity.

It doesn't come to much, I don't remember, I'll have to check next time.

okay step up and explain....are they donations...ie...as in 5 bucks or memberships as in 14.99 and then are we gonnna go for upgrading things we want...lol...maybe?

I should have know when I saw the thread title.:eusa_eh:

You get perks for signing up as a contributing member and paying the price.

You get nothing for donations. Donations are from the goodness of your heart. So, I see a problem here already insofar as YOU are concerned.:eusa_whistle:

well i have never been so insulted...the goodness of my heart? for your information go back and see where i suggested early on that people be allowed to donate what they wished instead of a set fee...

just cause you are in a pissy mood dont take it out on me...

i think the donation is a good idea...

i also ask how much it costs to run a board like this? perhaps if people knew how much it cost they would be more willing to donate...

and i thought feedback was the place to ask when i saw the donation board since we had been talking about premium upgrades that were desired....for example knuckle head wanting changing sig lines....

and yes you are in a pissy mood...admin or not

Oh geez.

I don't donate.

So don't.

Gunny - I'd donate something because I think it's a worthwhile message board, in spite of my complaints about the tone of some posters. But how do I do that? I'm a little nervous about giving anyone running this board credit card or bank information because you're obviously not apolitical and who knows how badly I might piss off one of you?

There's nothing in the registration information or FAQ concerning donations, unless I missed it. I was going to send you a PM, but thought I'd post the question in case everyone else would like to know too.

i think maggie ...you can do the full membership for 14.99 or simply make a donation...it goes thru paypal....it is safe.....you get all that icon stuff with the 14.99..you know the supporting member thing and all...i would think a donation gets a thank you but i really dont know...

o and you a cool bumpsticker...says usmessboard.com where your voice counts....i think

so if you are willing to donate 15 bucks you may as well be a member....

Okay, duh, I figured it out. But the privacy question is still an issue (especially using PayPal which I've been hearing some horror stories about lately).

i use paypal all the time....paypal is not the problem....but you will get an phishing email....saying they need you to sign in and all...dont do that shit....paypal willl email you only with your name...so anything else delete...

i use paypal all the time....paypal is not the problem....but you will get an phishing email....saying they need you to sign in and all...dont do that shit....paypal willl email you only with your name...so anything else delete...
you get those even if you dont use paypal

Oh geez.

I don't donate.

So don't.

Gunny - I'd donate something because I think it's a worthwhile message board, in spite of my complaints about the tone of some posters. But how do I do that? I'm a little nervous about giving anyone running this board credit card or bank information because you're obviously not apolitical and who knows how badly I might piss off one of you?

There's nothing in the registration information or FAQ concerning donations, unless I missed it. I was going to send you a PM, but thought I'd post the question in case everyone else would like to know too.

BS. I am absolutely apolicial when it comes to business. Y'all believe your own hype too much. Shall I point out that if I was all that partisan, there wouldn't be you and and a whole bunch of leftwing knuckleheads here?

In the end, I don't care what you believe. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Even you. I actually respect the fact that even though you are wrong, you DO try and make a legitimate argument and don't just spam rhetoric. Regardless, if I hated your guts, I STILL would not violate a trust. My politics have nothing to do with running this board.

Okay, duh, I figured it out. But the privacy question is still an issue (especially using PayPal which I've been hearing some horror stories about lately).

No, it's mt an issue at all. Not with me,nor the other admins. If you have some evidence that our integrity is questionable , birng it. Otherwise, I screw everyone fairly without having to cheat.

i can assure you that gunny does not take out his political leanings on people...he has ever right as a poster to be as far right as he wants....as an admin...he is objective...sometimes amazingly objective.
this board can be a major headache..he has to deal with major fights...minor fights...all kinds of amazingly boring stuff....as far a joining the board or not joining or making a donations....you are total safe with the board. o damn you may ask then why havent i joined...lol...i have joined...but i objected to this and that and wanted this and that...so gunny gave me just what i ask for....which means it removed all evidence of me joining the board...its a kind of wicked game gunny and i play....he waits till i ask for something that he knows is gonna be funny when i get exactly what i want and still sport bitch.

I should have know when I saw the thread title.:eusa_eh:

You get perks for signing up as a contributing member and paying the price.

You get nothing for donations. Donations are from the goodness of your heart. So, I see a problem here already insofar as YOU are concerned.:eusa_whistle:

I just donated $50 bucks.
If you get to 100% will the damn thing go away for the rest of the month?

Like what?

I've been using PayPal for years, and never once had a problem. In fact, they got my money back from a less than honest auction on ebay for me.

Forum List

Back