New Comercial

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
I just saw a new Old Navy commercial where they are advertising ankle cut jeans and flat shoes. Who are they trying to kid here. Cotton has risen dramatically so they are inventing a new fashion, a new shorter jean to save in cost of material (cotton) blue jeans. They are about 4 or 5 inches shorter than regular jeans. Wonder what will happen if nobody buys it and too many see it for what it really is. Less is better?
They are doing the same thing with our food in order to keep prices down. You buy less volume with a slightly higher price.
I am still mulling it over yet. If it is really keeping dramatic cost down then maybe I'm for it.
I would rather have a little bit less and pay 20 or 30 cents more, rather that keep the same volume and price goes up by 2, 3 or 4 dollars or more.
But I also think that companies can not keep this up for too much longer without having to raise prices much higher.

I just saw a new Old Navy commercial where they are advertising ankle cut jeans and flat shoes. Who are they trying to kid here. Cotton has risen dramatically so they are inventing a new fashion, a new shorter jean to save in cost of material (cotton) blue jeans. They are about 4 or 5 inches shorter than regular jeans. Wonder what will happen if nobody buys it and too many see it for what it really is. Less is better?
They are doing the same thing with our food in order to keep prices down. You buy less volume with a slightly higher price.
I am still mulling it over yet. If it is really keeping dramatic cost down then maybe I'm for it.
I would rather have a little bit less and pay 20 or 30 cents more, rather that keep the same volume and price goes up by 2, 3 or 4 dollars or more.
But I also think that companies can not keep this up for too much longer without having to raise prices much higher.

I saw that ad. First time, I thought it was a strange time to air a new hip-hop video.

I have to give them an 'A' in marketing - Lots of teens and tweens are going to keep a warm fuzzy in their hearts for Old Navy when mom asks the inevitable "Where shall we shop for back-to-school?"

I saw that ad. First time, I thought it was a strange time to air a new hip-hop video.

I have to give them an 'A' in marketing - Lots of teens and tweens are going to keep a warm fuzzy in their hearts for Old Navy when mom asks the inevitable "Where shall we shop for back-to-school?"

I agree with you on the marketing.

Forum List

Back