New Army Uniforms

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
I know some of you are already aware of this, but I thought I would post it anyway.

What do you think of the new uniforms? Frankly, I am not sure what to think myself.

acu2.jpg

The Army revealed on Monday a redesigned combat uniform with a digital camouflage pattern that looks strikingly different from soldiers' current battle dress uniforms.

It marks the first major change in the Army uniform since 1981...recruits will be issued the redesigned uniform starting October 2005, and the entire Army will be outfitted by December 2007.

freeandfun1 said:
I know some of you are already aware of this, but I thought I would post it anyway.

What do you think of the new uniforms? Frankly, I am not sure what to think myself.

acu2.jpg

my guess is they will get shot in the feet alot

The velcro pockets, I would think, would pose a problem. When you open anything that is velcro, you get a noise and noise reduction is important.

freeandfun1 said:
The velcro pockets, I would think, would pose a problem. When you open anything that is velcro, you get a noise and noise reduction is important.

Actually it isn't a big deal. Jarheads been illicitly putting velcro buttons on for ages. Plus, if you are in a place and time where noise discipline is important, odds are you aint diggin around for your smokes. The Army stole the whole digital cammies idea after the Marines did thier own. I like some of the improvements the Army did as well.

freeandfun1 said:

it takes a vet to think like that......kudos :salute:

WTF if an "integrated blouse bellow"? Sounds awfully feminine. :D

Troops have been wearing these at work for quite some time - going on a year?...I dig em; wish they were around when I was in. :)

Shattered said:
WTF if an "integrated blouse bellow"? Sounds awfully feminine. :D
In the Army we have always referred to the "jacket" or "shirt" for the BDU's as blouses...

Big Blue Machin said:
It looks like a gray garbage bag.
You're underhanded comment is BULLSHIT and for that, I will neg rep you and tell you to go suck on an exhaust pipe of a running automobile! You would be doing the world a favor.

Big Blue Machin said:
It looks like a gray garbage bag.
Seems to me that some posts are begging to be ignored, the above seems to me to be one.

Whether a child or some strange person that misses the 70's, :rolleyes: the level of discourse, well what discourse?

I like the new uniform a lot. The troops had a lot of input (they actually wanted the velcro, etc) and the digital cammo is just awesome....it works really well too.

gop_jeff said:
I think the new BDU's are pretty neat myself. The generals on post wear them all the time. :thup: from me!

When we adopted the digital cammies, the only people who could get the damn things for weeks were the MEF staff and the kids coming out of SOI. I had a buddy of mine at the Basic School score me a set and mail them from Quantico to Cali. Really ticked me off that I spent over twenty years ironing, and spit shining. A year before retirement they had finally gotten boots you don't shine and the new cammies came with creases permanently set in.

pegwinn said:
Really ticked me off that I spent over twenty years ironing, and spit shining. A year before retirement they had finally gotten boots you don't shine and the new cammies came with creases permanently set in.
LMFAO! :teeth:

I know what you mean!

pegwinn said:
When we adopted the digital cammies, the only people who could get the damn things for weeks were the MEF staff and the kids coming out of SOI. I had a buddy of mine at the Basic School score me a set and mail them from Quantico to Cali. Really ticked me off that I spent over twenty years ironing, and spit shining. A year before retirement they had finally gotten boots you don't shine and the new cammies came with creases permanently set in.
I love the little skit at the bottom of your post....as one dinosaur to another.....

CSM said:
I love the little skit at the bottom of your post....as one dinosaur to another.....

Fact. The SgtMaj laughed so hard (according to the XO) that he spilled his coffee. The young Captain had no time in grade and waaaaaaaaay too much time as an aide de camp. In all fairness, after being put in charge of a Company of Americas Finest he shook out well.

Have a great weekend.

Forum List

Back