Nevada's largest daily newspaper endorses Romney and excoriates Obama

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
After a long discussion of Obama's lies and blunders in dealing with the Benghazi attack, the Las Vegas Review-Journal concludes that Obama is unworthy to be commander-in-chief and that

This administration is an embarrassment on foreign policy and incompetent at best on the economy - though a more careful analysis shows what can only be a perverse and willful attempt to destroy our prosperity. Back in January 2008, Barack Obama told the editorial board of the San Francisco Chronicle that under his cap-and-trade plan, "If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them." He added, "Under my plan ... electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." It was also in 2008 that Mr. Obama's future Energy Secretary, Steven Chu, famously said it would be necessary to "figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe" - $9 a gallon.

Yet the president now claims he's in favor of oil development and pipelines, taking credit for increased oil production on private lands where he's powerless to block it, after he halted the Keystone XL Pipeline and oversaw a 50 percent reduction in oil leases on public lands.

These behaviors go far beyond "spin." They amount to a pack of lies. To return to office a narcissistic amateur who seeks to ride this nation's economy and international esteem to oblivion, like Slim Pickens riding the nuclear bomb to its target at the end of the movie "Dr. Strangelove," would be disastrous.

Candidate Obama said if he couldn't fix the economy in four years, his would be a one-term presidency.

Mitt Romney is moral, capable and responsible man. Just this once, it's time to hold Barack Obama to his word. Maybe we can all do something about that, come Tuesday.

Benghazi blunder: Obama unworthy commander-in-chief - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

Here's another view of the article:

The Most Brutal, and Brutally Honest, Newspaper Editorial of Obama Ever

by xbradtc @ The Most Brutal, and Brutally Honest, Newspaper Editorial of Obama Ever | Bring the heat, Bring the Stupid

Via Ace, the Las Vegas Review Journal @ seems to have had just about enough of the Boy King. This administration is an embarrassment on foreign policy and incompetent at best on the economy – though a more careful analysis shows what can only be a perverse and willful attempt to destroy our prosperity. Back in January 2008, Barack Obama told the editorial board of the San Francisco Chronicle that under his cap-and-trade plan, “If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them.” He added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.” It was also in 2008 that Mr. Obama’s future Energy Secretary, Steven Chu, famously said it would be necessary to “figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe” – $9 a gallon.

Yet the president now claims he’s in favor of oil development and pipelines, taking credit for increased oil production on private lands where he’s powerless to block it, after he halted the Keystone XL Pipeline and oversaw a 50 percent reduction in oil leases on public lands.

These behaviors go far beyond “spin.” They amount to a pack of lies. To return to office a narcissistic amateur who seeks to ride this nation’s economy and international esteem to oblivion, like Slim Pickens riding the nuclear bomb to its target at the end of the movie “Dr. Strangelove,” would be disastrous.

Candidate Obama said if he couldn’t fix the economy in four years, his would be a one-term presidency.

Mitt Romney is moral, capable and responsible man. Just this once, it’s time to hold Barack Obama to his word. Maybe we can all do something about that, come Tuesday.

Living in Vegas, this caught me totally by surprise. The R/J has been so leftist for so many years I can't believe they'd print this. Heck, they strong supported Dingy Harry Reid.

NV newspaper: Obama a “narcissistic amateur,” “embarrassment,” “incompetent”​

11/2/12
By: Ed Morrissey

And those are the kinder thoughts that the editors of the Las Vegas Review-Journal had for Barack Obama in their lead editorial yesterday. Those conclusions refer to Obama’s overall performance on the economy and foreign policy. When they get down to specifics on Benghazi, the anger pulses through every sentence (via Twitchy):

The official explanation for the inadequate security? This administration didn’t want to “offend the sensibilities” of the new radical Islamic regime which American and British arms had so recently helped install in Libya.

The official explanation for why Obama administration officials watched the attack unfold for seven hours, refusing repeated requests to send the air support and relief forces that sat less than two hours away in Italy? Silence.

An open discussion of these issues, of course, would lead to difficult questions about the wisdom of underwriting and celebrating the so-called Arab Spring revolts in the first place. While the removal of tyrants can be laudable, the results show a disturbing pattern of merely installing new tyrannies – theocracies of medieval mullahs who immediately start savaging the rights of women (including the basic right to education) and who are openly hostile to American interests.

When Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney promptly criticized the security failures in Benghazi, the White House and its lapdog media jumped all over him for another “gaffe,” for speaking out too promptly and too strongly. Prompt and strong action from the White House on Sept. 11 might have saved American lives, as well as America’s reputation as a nation not to be messed with. Weakness and dithering and flying to Las Vegas the next day for celebrity fund-raising parties are somehow better?

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...
NV newspaper: Obama a “narcissistic amateur,” “embarrassment,” “incompetent” « Hot Air

Thei paper is a right wing rag and isnt a very good paper.

I lived in vegas for 15 years

Las Vegas is practically the only reason Nevada ever votes Democrat. All the damn Californians who bailed out on the state because of years of Democratic rule come to Nevada and try to replicate it... I'll never understand.

the R dupes dont understand they were given robmoney by the money people

go back and look at the times I told you you would get robmoney and like it

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/205481-conservatives-meet-your-candidate.html#post4731019

01-28-2012, 05:26 AM
Truthmatters
Member #5217 Join Date: May 2007
Thanked 4,601 Times in 3,795 Posts

The money power in the republican party wants Romney.

They will get Romney
"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." -Bertrand Russell

http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2007/2007-190.htm

The introduction of this new principle of representative democracy has rendered useless almost everything written before on the structure of government; Thomas Jefferson

After a long discussion of Obama's lies and blunders in dealing with the Benghazi attack, the Las Vegas Review-Journal concludes that Obama is unworthy to be commander-in-chiefhttp://www.lvrj.com/opinion/benghazi-blunder-obama-unworthy-commander-in-chief-176736441.html
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is unworthy to call itself a newspaper!

Many, many years ago they ran the Gore at Monticello lie and I emailed the editor a challenge to back the lie with $5,000.00 or print a retraction. The editor emailed me back and tried to bluff me with the MessiahRushie video as proof that he was right and I was wrong. I emailed back that if he believed the video supported his GOP scripted lie to put up the $5,000.00 and I would use the very video he sent me to prove that Gore named specifically the left flank bust as Franklin. Knowing his paper was lying, he didn't. CON$ervoFascist scum that he is he also did not print a retraction even though he knew the story was false. That tells you everything you need to know about the credibility of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

After a long discussion of Obama's lies and blunders in dealing with the Benghazi attack, the Las Vegas Review-Journal concludes that Obama is unworthy to be commander-in-chiefhttp://www.lvrj.com/opinion/benghazi-blunder-obama-unworthy-commander-in-chief-176736441.html
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is unworthy to call itself a newspaper!

Many, many years ago they ran the Gore at Monticello lie and I emailed the editor a challenge to back the lie with $5,000.00 or print a retraction. The editor emailed me back and tried to bluff me with the MessiahRushie video as proof that he was right and I was wrong. I emailed back that if he believed the video supported his GOP scripted lie to put up the $5,000.00 and I would use the very video he sent me to prove that Gore named specifically the left flank bust as Franklin. Knowing his paper was lying, he didn't. CON$ervoFascist scum that he is he also did not print a retraction even though he knew the story was false. That tells you everything you need to know about the credibility of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

unworthy huh,
they just stated what MOST people feel..Or Obama would be running away with this election
too bad it chaps

Forum List

Back