Neil Armstrong, First Man on the Moon, Dies at 82

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this, considering there is a thread concerning the moon landing in Conspiracy Theories.

Neil Armstrong, who made the “giant leap for mankind” as the first human to set foot on the moon, died on Saturday. He was 82.

His family said in a statement that the cause was “complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.” He had undergone heart bypass surgery this month in Cincinnati, near where he lived. His recovery had been going well, according to those who spoke with him after the surgery, and his death came as a surprise to many close to him, including his fellow Apollo astronauts. The family did not say where he died.

According to some he never went to the Moon, don't worry I still loved and admired the man. We shall remember your achievements in the future through history.

Imagine what can ever top what those cats did...nobody knew if NASA could pull it off. Would they be able to land? What if the moon had a crust and the craft fell through it? Would everything work to get them OFF the moon and back home? The whole thing was done on a hunch that they'd figured everything out and by God they had. It still amazes me to this day.

R.I.P. Neil.....Mission Accomplished

WTF?

In other news today, the White Star Line's RMS Titanic struck an iceburg. Apparently nothing to worry about, ship is said to be unsinkable.

Forum List

Back