Need help with HTML editing , at my Music download website.

Your web host actually has a neat thing. They are using a java script that allows you to drag a whole box - SECURITY | DOMAINS | DATABASES - above or below another box. Put your mouse pointer over the bar with the box title: DATABASES and drag it to the top. ditch the PARTNERS | PROMOTIONAL box to the bottom somewhere in order to make your job easier.

here is what I've done...it makes life easier.

Attachments

• $Picture 226.jpg
    $Picture 226.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 102
Files | Databases | Preferences | Mail

Are What You Will Most Likely Be Using Most At First As You Set Things Up.

Files | Databases | Preferences | Mail

Are What You Will Most Likely Be Using Most At First As You Set Things Up.

---

I will not look at preferences as that is something you may want to play with yourself. Playing with it will help familiarize you with the hosting environment.

now...

Go to the mysql wizard and click on it. From here on in you will need to use a text editor (and maybe even email to send the info back to yourself so you don't lose it) to write down and save the info you will be using. Make sure you save it.

after opening up the mysql wizard you will be asked to:
create a database:
new name: __________ (use any name you want.) after you click that you will be asked to:

create database users:
user name: ____________ (* 7 characters at most) use any name you like

Password:

step 3 will ask you to set privileges. set all.

it will also show you the info you entered in the fields.

Attachments

• $Picture 225.png
    $Picture 225.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 103
  • $Picture 227.png
    $Picture 227.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 78
important:

I entered:

create a database:
new name: musicsite (one word.)

create database users:
user name:musicia

at the top of the last page of the wizard that I posted above you will see:

MySQL® Database Wizard

Added user fastdoma_musicia with the password mkjn

Step 3: Added User to the Database

User: fastdoma_musicia
Database: fastdoma_musicsite

-----

so my password would be: mkjn

my database user name would be: fastdoma_musicia

my database name: fastdoma_musicsite

what is missing in the demo I used is going to be an important part: the name of your database web address. this is what you will end up putting in a file or install.php page field in place of: 'local host' which will be somewhere near a field for a port #

after you create a mysql databse you can start the process of installing your files from the music software site.

once the files are uploaded through an ftp program your 'read me ' or 'install' file should tell you to start/initiate/configure your site. usually on a first run you will go to www.mydomainnamegoeshere.whatever followed with a forward slash /

www.mydomainnamegoeshere.whatever/

and then maybe 'install.php'

www.mydomainnamegoeshere.whatever/install.php

this should take you to a page that will ask for all your personal info: database name, database user name, database password, and other stuff like a user name for administering the software with a password, etc...

if you need help uploading the folders/files, let me know.

8)

after you create a mysql databse you can start the process of installing your files from the music software site.

once the files are uploaded through an ftp program your 'read me ' or 'install' file should tell you to start/initiate/configure your site. usually on a first run you will go to www.mydomainnamegoeshere.whatever followed with a forward slash /

www.mydomainnamegoeshere.whatever/

and then maybe 'install.php'

www.mydomainnamegoeshere.whatever/install.php

this should take you to a page that will ask for all your personal info: database name, database user name, database password, and other stuff like a user name for administering the software with a password, etc...

if you need help uploading the folders/files, let me know.

8)

Could you Email all of this to me at [email protected]
E-mail me you Telephone number also.I may need you to talk me through all of this.Thanks

Truly,
52ndStreet aka D.J. mixhypnatist

06/25/2008

I think I need you to talk me through the whole process,step by step, if you don't mind.

52ndStreet

06/25/2008

I think I need you to talk me through the whole process,step by step, if you don't mind.

52ndStreet

06/25/2008

I sent you an email

and...

in case I do not have that email open and I come here, if you post after me...this post...I will see that you got this message and the email.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back