Need Advise for an US Trip !

vrak1984

Rookie
Nov 20, 2015
Guys, i need tips for watching basketball matches of upcoming series, actually am planning a trip with my friend to US, want to do some adventure sports, trekking, rafting and watching basketball matches (special in US). Suggest some best places to trek. I searched a lot on internet but not finding much on this, There are lots of sites offering packages for the same but i want to know more about weather, people, stay, culture, etc. i got few sites like - Europe's 10 Best Adventure Destinations 20 unmissable extreme sports (and where to try them) - Lonely Planet Top 10 Extreme Sports Vacations in Europe Get the facts the property ad left out Still looking further for a better information about the region. Regards !

WHen you say trek what do you mean?

Do you mean day hikes or multi day backpacking trips?

i took it to mean a long hike....like the a.t.

why would one seek info on short day hikes...that is all last minute type stuff

There are plenty of 2 or 3 day and week long trips to do

The AT takes 6 months and an incredible amount of planning I wouldn't think of that as a trip to do on a vacation to the states

it is too late to start the a.t. but you can do plenty of day hikes on it...people think that is hard to get off the a.t. its not....there are normally a lot of varied accesses to it...i dont live far from an a.t. access point...and i have several friends who live just off the a.t.
their houses are the first one hikers in trouble can reach...i dont get the desire to do it....and from my interactions with most of the hikers...they are escaping...recent divorce, job loss, debt collectors calling...grumpy befriends them and gives them rides....i dont...they stink....and i figure if they want to walk...then walk...

Its goin' on winter here, not a good time for hiking...

... would be better in the spring...

... around basketball tournament time.

Forum List

Back