Need advice about a cat

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
There's a cat living on the block I moved into.

It's a really sweet cat and we really like it. He(or she) is all black except for a white patch on his/her chest.

Problem 1) My apartment has a 2 pets or under policy and I already have 2 dogs.

Problem 2) those dog are NEVER going to accept a new pet even if we could have another pet.

Problem 3) I am REALLY ALLERGIC TO CATS. I'm not talking a sneeze or two. I'm talking I'd wind up in the hospital with an bad asthma attack with prolonged (and that means more than five minutes) exposure to a cat.

Anytime my family has been invited somewhere and it turned out a cat lived there, I ended up really ill. Like in the emergency room ill. So much so, if I know they have a cat, the rest of us go, I STAY HOME.

Cats and horse. I love em, I can't get near them. Allergic to both. It sucks.

We just hate to see that poor cat outside. We feed it, but that's all we have been able to do so far.

I want to get the cat some kind of shelter. I really want to help this cat.

I've called "no-kill" shelters, but so far I'm told they are full!

I hate the idea of sending him somewhere where they might kill him!

Plus, I can't take the cat to them! I can't have the cat in a car with me. They would have to come here and get the cat.

Really not sure what to do, but it's raining like hell right now and that poor thing is wedged underneath someone's air conditioning unit and it's still soaking wet.

It's breaking my heart. I want to help that cat.

Anyone have any good advice (good advice, not snarky trolls).

I really want to help that poor thing.

You could ask neighbours that you know are kind to animals, if they are interested in a good nature, sweet cat....

or you could ask friends or family...

Wish you luck! :)

cat-umbrella-2.jpg

We just hate to see that poor cat outside. We feed it, but that's all we have been able to do so far.
As long as you feed him he is fine. Cats love to be free. I have two of them, free roamers. They quite frequently bring some gifts placing them on the door mat. Just feed him/her well. He/she will be just fine.
I just saw the igloo idea. Yep, just feed him and have family members (since you cannot) befriend him to gain his trust for "moving" into the igloo.

Forum List

Back