• Tahoe

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Durango

• Grand Cherokee

• Total voters
hylandrdet said:
Because I was born in Detroit, that may make me a homer for saying this, but I never thought about buying anything other than a Ford.

My personnal car- Mustang.

My traveling car- Taurus

My work vehicle- F 150

I can't stand Chevrolet

C racked
H ead
E xhaust
V alve
R attles
O il
L eaks
E very
T ime

i used to be that way...then i bought my monte carlo. I found that I like several models of ford, dodge, and chevy. as long as it is a domestic, i will not really be that picky.

my hubby's 1997 Chevy Silverado (before we got married) was bought with 135k on it. We sold it with 195k...and we had no problems, other than a starter going out, but that is to be expected. We traded it as soon as we found out we were pregnant the first time.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i used to be that way...then i bought my monte carlo. I found that I like several models of ford, dodge, and chevy. as long as it is a domestic, i will not really be that picky.

my hubby's 1997 Chevy Silverado (before we got married) was bought with 135k on it. We sold it with 195k...and we had no problems, other than a starter going out, but that is to be expected. We traded it as soon as we found out we were pregnant the first time.
It's not all that different any more.
Only options you're going to get that MIGHT make a big dif, are tow packages.
Other than that it's personal prefrence and inside comfort.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ahhh, something that sux alot of gas....
Wish it didn't work that way...
I'd be ridin to work in a hopped up old scout.

hey, you pay to play.

i am going into getting one knowing full well the mileage will suck ass...but whatever. i have owned a truck before, and my first vehicle that i ever learned to drive a stick, was my 87 ford bronco. my dad built it up for me so it had a 6" lift, mud tires, and very loud, nearly illegal, dual exhaust. i loved that truck. it died with 312k. a gasket leaked and coolant seeped into the engine...not pretty. i was so sad, it was like losing a family member. I had that truck for 5 years.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
It's not all that different any more.
Only options you're going to get that MIGHT make a big dif, are tow packages.
Other than that it's personal prefrence and inside comfort.

so true...the ones i have listed are based on affordability as far as what we might expect to pay. i have a preference for the Avalanche because i like the way they look, and how versatile they are with the switcheroo bed.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i need something with balls...mercedes are ok cars, but the suvs are suv body, but a car chassis. they were only produced for those people who have never owned a truck or suv, but wanted to stay with mercedes. the specs just don't match Chevy. i watched a few people try to launch (much less tow) their expensive boats at lake Minnetonka with some of these SUV wannabes, and my brother ended up having to help one of them get out of the launch, because the boat and trailer kept dragging them backward.

honestly, if my hubby weren't so against ford (i'm not, i like them), i can get a massive discount on any ford that i want through my job, since all our IRV's are either Explorers or Escapes.

As I have said, I don't like mine, but to say it didn't have any balls.... is kinda weak. It has a 5.0L V-8 SOHC SMPI 24 valve engine, 288 HP at 5600 RPM and 325 lb-ft torque at 2,700 - 4,250 rpm and would do 0-60 in 7.3 seconds.

The drive system is permanent full-time 4-wheel drive, with 48/52 front/rear torque split maintained via a center differential.

Transfer case 2-speed, electronically controlled via dashboard switch.

Transfer case ratios 1.00:1 (Normal range), 2.64:1(Low range).

Axle ratio 3.70:1

I didn't like mine because it was always in the shop. Not so much for mechanical problems, but problems with the navigation system, electrical, etc.

The engine and power were just fine!

freeandfun1 said:
As I have said, I don't like mine, but to say it didn't have any balls.... is kinda weak. It has a 5.0L V-8 SOHC SMPI 24 valve engine, 288 HP at 5600 RPM and 325 lb-ft torque at 2,700 - 4,250 rpm and would do 0-60 in 7.3 seconds.

The drive system is permanent full-time 4-wheel drive, with 48/52 front/rear torque split maintained via a center differential.

I didn't like mine because it was always in the shop. Not so much for mechanical problems, but problems with the navigation system, electrical, etc.

I was going to say the same...Balls it has..and a turn radius few can match.
It's is far from the wimp of the road.

So okay..no SUV sale...How about a nice Ford F-250? It's silver too. Cept for the flakes coming off cuz of poor quality control. Bu hey, it'll pull a house! :)

Mr. P said:

Oh, I forgot about the turn radius.... that is something we sorely miss in the Lexus. It's turn radius is not so hot....

freeandfun1 said:
Oh, I forgot about the turn radius.... that is something we sorely miss in the Lexus. It's turn radius is not so hot....
It really is impressive. I've never seen anything else so large with the same radius..may be some out there, I don't
think any domestic can match it though, not sure..

freeandfun1 said:

ah, well...that's not quite a 5.7L V8 SMPI HEMI....or a 5.7L V8 SFI VORTECOHV

i just can't see myself in a mercedes...too....something...I'm a blue-collar, deer killin', beer swillin, hot dishin', ice fishin' minnesota redneck.

the guy that lives across the circle from us is a self made millionare. and he won't drive anything but GM. he owns several classic cars that he has won awards for. one is a 70-something buick that he's had since he was 15. it's fully restored, complete with plates that read HIOFICR :p

mercedes are nice, and maybe i would own a classic one as a hobby car someday, but I just can't see a mercedes being a workhorse vehicle.

Mr. P said:

So okay..no SUV sale...How about a nice Ford F-250? It's silver too. Cept for the flakes coming off cuz of poor quality control. Bu hey, it'll pull a house! :)

i like fords...what year is it? my dad had the same issue with his new (at the time) 97 ford (the first year of the new style)...ford paid for a new paint job, so he customized it a bit. the original paint was just black. the new paint is black with gold super-microflake.

my step-mom just ordered her 2005 mustang cobra...it will be here in about 2 weeks.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i like fords...what year is it? my dad had the same issue with his new (at the time) 97 ford (the first year of the new style)...ford paid for a new paint job, so he customized it a bit. the original paint was just black. the new paint is black with gold super-microflake.

my step-mom just ordered her 2005 mustang cobra...it will be here in about 2 weeks.
It's an 89. V8, P/S, A/C, Tow package stuff. Less than 100k on it, camper shell too. Won't last long! Unless you know how much gas mileage it gets..then I'm stuck with it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
It's an 89. V8, P/S, A/C, Tow package stuff. Less than 100k on it, camper shell too. Won't last long! Unless you know how much gas mileage it gets..then I'm stuck with it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

that would be a fun wrench truck...hell...my dad would probably be quite interested. mileage is not an issue with my family. we are pretty handy with that stuff, myself included. but i am more limited to basic maintenence.

as far as the gas goes..it's a truck, not an economy car.

fuzzykitten99 said:
that would be a fun wrench truck...hell...my dad would probably be quite interested. mileage is not an issue with my family. we are pretty handy with that stuff, myself included. but i am more limited to basic maintenence.

as far as the gas goes..it's a truck, not an economy car.

Well hell, COME ON DOWN!!! Bring yer $$$ Too. :)

fuzzykitten99 said:

Mustang gives you pretty good bang for your buck. I have a friend with one that he souped up some and it ROCKs.

fuzzykitten99 said:
my step-mom calls it "an orgasm on wheels"... I got to sit in the 2005 at last year's auto show. i want one in a convertible.

I'd love for someone to cal me an orgasm-on-wheels... or even an orgasm-on-legs... :D

fuzzykitten99 said:
My hubby and I are planning on another baby here within 18 months, and we are needing to give up my 99 Monte Carlo Z34 (BIG WAHHHHH!!!) for the SUV...i don't like driving minivans, i test drove them before, and don't like them-or the way they look. Plus we are inheriting a Bayliner in 2 years, so we need something to tow it with.

We have narrowed it to 4 choices, and I would like opinions from people who have owned any of these. I don't trust 2nd-hand info (ops from those who have heard from owners, but never actually owned the vehicle itself) - is never reliable.

The vehicles we are deciding on are:

Chevy Avalanche (my 1st pick)
Chevy Tahoe
Dodge Durango (my 2nd pick)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

I picked Jeep simply because I had one a while back and it was very reliable for me, and the ride was fairly smooth.

Forum List

Back