Nearly 9,000 DACA teachers at risk

Valuable assets?

As they aspire to teach our children about their ancestors and their contributions to Colonialism, Imperialism, racism, and slavery,

Encouraging mindful engagement on immigration, migrant labor and revolution?

That their ancestors are the cause of inequality and oppression?

Spanish illegals teaching Social Justice perspectives and practices?

I applaud their education and commitment.

No go home and fix your country instead of changing ours into what you ran away from.

Oh please - we have a checkered history too.

Will you now suggest that we can't hire US citizens because they might teach kids that we need to return to slavery?

If you were brought here at a young age, you grew up in US schools but also speak Spanish because your parents probably did. That's an asset at a time when we have an extreme shortage of bilingual teachers.

Every kid takes a second language class. I took French in high school - my daughter ended up taking Spanish. Two years in total. A second language stretches the mind and came in real handy for me on a few occasions even though I don't speak French fluently.
As a Country we do have a checkered past. It's not as if we haven't attempted to right these wrongs. Teaching this past is acceptable, but continuously rubbing this past in the faces of whites will get us nowhere.

I've yet to meet anyone who wishes a return to slavery.

I took both Spanish and French in school, and am all for broadening ones abilities and learning another language.

Having family members who are Hispanic has resulted in my childrens fluency in Spanish. I use what Spanish I've learned and living in a sanctuary State, use this knowledge daily.

I have no issue with bilingual teachers. My problem is with what I've stated above.

1. I want more and more serious punishments for the employers. Trump has started on this, and I hope for MORE.

Cool, we agreed on one thing - but actually Obama started that.

TUCSON — Obama administration officials are sharpening their crackdown on the hiring of illegal immigrants by focusing increasingly tough criminal charges on employers while moving away from criminal arrests of the workers themselves.

After months of criticism from Republicans who said President Obama was relaxing immigration enforcement in workplaces, the scope of the administration’s strategy has become clear as long-running investigations of employers have culminated in indictments, convictions, exponentially increased fines and jail sentences. While conducting fewer headline-making factory raids, the immigration authorities have greatly expanded the number of businesses facing scrutiny and the cases where employers face severe sanctions.​

Obama Administration Cracks Down on Illegal Immigrants’ Employers[/QUOTE]

The Obama administration was all about pretending to be tough on the issue to try to build the street cred to force though amnesty.

Whether they were just playing games with bad stats, or actually doing a portion of their job, their goal was to worsen the problem to their benefit politically.

Forum List

Back