CDZ NEAR record floods in North Carolina? Is this news yet or a predictable event?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Swollen rivers near record levels as Florence looms

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nea...Carolina&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I'm not an expert on Carolina hydrological problems but how exciting is this hurricane down there?

My effective idea on how to respond is to see what percentage of properties we can afford to bail out. If a property is worth $150,000 and it costs $150,000 to rebuild, offer them a buy out and rezone it farmland, soccer field or nature preserve.

The ones which aren't soo bad off we probably can't afford just to buy out with Trump's national debt. A $50,000 home with $15,000 in damage, well there will be 50,000 of those and we just can't eat 50,000 x $15,000 super easily. Being a businessman Donald will hopefully realize the U.S. has a long term interest in not repeating this and we're not just looking at the quarterly report. Our goal isn't to make a lot of FEMA dependent welfare needing babies in the south. Let's help at least the worst hit of these folks stand on their own two feet and Make America Great Again!

Swollen rivers near record levels as Florence looms

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nea...Carolina&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I'm not an expert on Carolina hydrological problems but how exciting is this hurricane down there?

My effective idea on how to respond is to see what percentage of properties we can afford to bail out. If a property is worth $150,000 and it costs $150,000 to rebuild, offer them a buy out and rezone it farmland, soccer field or nature preserve.

The ones which aren't soo bad off we probably can't afford just to buy out with Trump's national debt. A $50,000 home with $15,000 in damage, well there will be 50,000 of those and we just can't eat 50,000 x $15,000 super easily. Being a businessman Donald will hopefully realize the U.S. has a long term interest in not repeating this and we're not just looking at the quarterly report. Our goal isn't to make a lot of FEMA dependent welfare needing babies in the south. Let's help at least the worst hit of these folks stand on their own two feet and Make America Great Again!

"How exciting" depends on where you are. It's a big state. When it originally hit down around Wilmington I'm sure it was dramatic. The unpredictable path took her to the south and spared that row of urban areas from Raleigh to the Triangle. By the time she got here to Appalachia all she had was rain. So we got several inches of rain (maybe I dunno, ten?) but nothing on a scale we haven't seen before. I never got a gust of wind at all. Partly because it took her so long to travel that she starved over South Carolina.

And if you've ever eaten in South Carolina you know the feeling.... :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back