NC House Republican Says He Will Vote Against tea party Plan to Shut Down Government

Republicans, especially tea party members, would be screaming if the Dems were to "defund" corporate welfare. They would be accusing the Dems of trying to "shut down the government". So why is this somehow any different jut because the shoe is on the other foot?

Nope.. conservatives, most of which call for smaller government and equal treatment, would APPLAUD the elimination of corporate welfare and government subsidization as well...

Idiot

Please provide links to substantiate that "conservatives" have been demanding the defunding of corporate welfare let alone "applauding" it.

Many CONSERVATIVES have been shouting for ages to eliminate all welfare, reduce the size of government, and eliminate subsidies.... whether it be conservative posters on here or even the rare true conservative politician... even Paul Ryan has called for this, among others

Ryan states case for reform | U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan

Now.. back under troll rock with you

Nope.. conservatives, most of which call for smaller government and equal treatment, would APPLAUD the elimination of corporate welfare and government subsidization as well...

Idiot

Please provide links to substantiate that "conservatives" have been demanding the defunding of corporate welfare let alone "applauding" it.

Many CONSERVATIVES have been shouting for ages to eliminate all welfare, reduce the size of government, and eliminate subsidies.... whether it be conservative posters on here or even the rare true conservative politician... even Paul Ryan has called for this, among others

Thanks Dave, I was unaware that Paul Ryan had called for repealing corporate welfare. I appreciate the heads up. How many others do you know of who have also done this?

Thanks Dave, I was unaware that Paul Ryan had called for repealing corporate welfare. I appreciate the heads up. How many others do you know of who have also done this?

There have been more... off the top of my head there was called for action by Fred Thompson in the past, Rand and Ron Paul, and others as well...

And do not forget... even though many REP representatives are just as big government as their DEM counterparts, it does not mean that the conservative base wants the big government.... the rallying cry now is to reduce government... and that sentiment is getting louder

There have been more... off the top of my head there was called for action by Fred Thompson in the past, Rand and Ron Paul, and others as well...

And do not forget... even though many REP representatives are just as big government as their DEM counterparts, it does not mean that the conservative base wants the big government.... the rallying cry now is to reduce government... and that sentiment is getting louder

As a moderate Independent who is fiscally conservative and socially liberal I agree that there are elected representatives on both sides of the aisle who in the pockets of corporations. What we need is smarter government too. We the People need to take OUR government back from those who are feeding off the public trough. Government can only work when it actually does so FOR the people.

Republicans, especially tea party members, would be screaming if the Dems were to "defund" corporate welfare. They would be accusing the Dems of trying to "shut down the government". So why is this somehow any different jut because the shoe is on the other foot?

Tea party might scream, but rest assured Republicans would block any attempt to reduce Corporate welfare ....

:)

We need to show the American people we stand for conservative values," the woman shouted, drawing a smattering of applause.

Lee's push to defund Obamacare has drawn support from the likes of Sens. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rand Paul (R-KY), but it's also created a schism on the right. Sens. Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Bob Corker (R-TN) have pushed back against the effort, while influential conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer called the defunding proposal "nuts."
-----

In golf they say "drive for show, putt for dough"
:lol:

Forum List

Back