NC Governor concedes defeat

Yeah, glad this race is over. It's a surprising result as North Carolina may be one of the only races where the Governorship went Democratic while the state went Trump. There was a lot of straight ticket voting this year.

As for Trump's race? It's over. Well, officially it's over once the Elector's vote but the recounts and other stuff is just noise. Trump won and Hillary conceded. It takes a while to fully put the Presidential elections to bed though. We won't have final vote totals, including absentees, contested, and military, until sometimes into next year. That's not unusual, it's just how it works. The Electors are selected once the outstanding ballots can no longer change the results.

above knows nothing about nc politics....it is not odd for us to split the tickets....we like a balance....plus no straight ticket voting in nc this year....that is how the black dude got elected lol
The black "dude" got elected because except for his election race every other Judge race had the republican candidate first.

Yeah, glad this race is over. It's a surprising result as North Carolina may be one of the only races where the Governorship went Democratic while the state went Trump. There was a lot of straight ticket voting this year.

True, although Vermont and New Hampshire elected Republican governors even though those states went to Clinton.

True, although Vermont and New Hampshire elected Republican governors even though those states went to Clinton.
Thanks. I thought there were some others but wasn't sure.

above knows nothing about nc politics....it is not odd for us to split the tickets....we like a balance....plus no straight ticket voting in nc this year....that is how the black dude got elected lol
Yeah, I don't know much about North Carolina. I'm just talking about the national scene. A lot of races followed the top of the ticket this year, i.e., if Trump won then a lot of GOP folks down ticket did too and vice versa. So those states that bucked that trend are interesting.

That used to be a lot more common. Indiana for example is a reliably Red state in the Electoral College but frequently has Democrats as Governors, Senators, etc. As I understand it, that did not happen this year.

For Trump? Will never be over.
Dec 19, the bell toll for thee.
Does not matter what the electors or the 20th of Jan holds. He will resign or be impeached/convicted/removed.

His only hope is jobs, jobs, jobs. If he goes after the wall, after deportation, after SS and Medicare and Medicaid, each and everyone a flash point, the moratorium marches so long ago will be strolls in the park compared to what the civil disobedience that will occur.

Does not matter what the electors or the 20th of Jan holds. He will resign or be impeached/convicted/removed.

His only hope is jobs, jobs, jobs. If he goes after the wall, after deportation, after SS and Medicare and Medicaid, each and everyone a flash point, the moratorium marches so long ago will be strolls in the park compared to what the civil disobedience that will occur.
I don't think Trump runs for a second term. But I'd be surprised if he's impeached. Sure there's grounds already under the Emolument clause of the Constitution, but I just don't see anyone acting on it to remove him from office. At this point all of these things were known about Trump when he was elected and he was still elected! It's kinda hard to argue these things should disqualify him when the voters have clearly indicated they should not.

I don't think Trump runs for a second term. But I'd be surprised if he's impeached. Sure there's grounds already under the Emolument clause of the Constitution, but I just don't see anyone acting on it to remove him from office. At this point all of these things were known about Trump when he was elected and he was still elected! It's kinda hard to argue these things should disqualify him when the voters have clearly indicated they should not.

In other word, A Cult is a Cult is a Cult...

Well, if he does produce Job, Jobs, Jobs, that will be great news. But I just don't see the economy doing much more than it is doing right now.

I just hope his stupid Tweets don't start WWIII.

Forum List

Back