NBC Kids in Cuffs Shame Piece

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Sunday Nightly News with anchor Kristin Welker and reporter Stephanie Gosk covered the use of cuffs on young kids in schools. Meant to shame schools and security personnel from using them. Never once suggested cuffs might protect the student from injury while a security person forcibly holds them until the police of parents arrive. Or the chance they grab a gun and hurt someone. The end was terrible as Gosk talks about how it is horrible a student "sneaking" a milk is considered a criminal. Welker nods in agreement.

I had never heard of handcuffs being used on kids even when I was in high school. Public schools today have turned into prisons.

I had never heard of handcuffs being used on kids even when I was in high school. Public schools today have turned into prisons.

Seems to be more violence. Blaming security for trying to neutralize situations is shooting the messenger.

Would you use handcuffs on these kids?

Teen-Fight.jpg

I use handcuffs on kids all the time. Handcuffs enhance the safety of both the arresting officer and the person under arrest. I've faced 14-year-olds bigger than me who, under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or peer pressure, felt they would come out on top of an assault on an LEO. Putting a suspect in cuffs puts them at a disadvantage and will make them more compliant. The second a kid is out of custody, the cuffs come off and no damage done.

I use handcuffs on kids all the time. Handcuffs enhance the safety of both the arresting officer and the person under arrest. I've faced 14-year-olds bigger than me who, under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or peer pressure, felt they would come out on top of an assault on an LEO. Putting a suspect in cuffs puts them at a disadvantage and will make them more compliant. The second a kid is out of custody, the cuffs come off and no damage done.

That was my point. Bruises from the cuffs are one thing, but the security person has all sorts of explaining to do if the bruises are from holding onto the kid in another method.

My other point is NBC is trying to tug at liberal heart strings and paint the use of cuffs as inhuman or cruel. Once again the police are violating rights and human decency. What a crock.

Sunday Nightly News with anchor Kristin Welker and reporter Stephanie Gosk covered the use of cuffs on young kids in schools. Meant to shame schools and security personnel from using them. Never once suggested cuffs might protect the student from injury while a security person forcibly holds them until the police of parents arrive. Or the chance they grab a gun and hurt someone. The end was terrible as Gosk talks about how it is horrible a student "sneaking" a milk is considered a criminal. Welker nods in agreement.

How violent are these children if they need handcuffing? If they are that violent should they even be allowed in a normal school as opposed to being in a school for disturbed children?

Forum List

Back