NBC can't find any Afros who'll vote for Romney

Ariux

Rookie
Mar 16, 2012
NBC and the Wall Street Journal poll shows Obama beating Romney among Afros 94%-0%.

Looking inside the numbers, Obama continues to lead Romney among key parts of his political base, including African Americans (94 percent to 0 percent), Latinos (by a 2-to-1 margin), voters under 35-years-old (52 percent to 41 percent) and women (51 percent to 41 percent).
Romney is ahead with whites (53 percent to 40 percent), rural voters (47 percent to 38 percent) and seniors (49 percent to 41 percent).

To be fair, the size of the sample was 1000 voters total, and 100 respondents were African American. So it's very possible with the margin of error, Romney could get as much as 4% of the African American vote.

That said, this was never a group Romney was going to do well with. His best shot is to win more of the white vote than McCain did, and do a bit better with HIspanics. Right now, he's doing worse with Hispanics and the white vote, not so much.

The question really isn't how many African Americans will Romney pull away from Obama, but how many AA will actually show up at the polls to vote for Obama. His base is not as energized as it was in 2008 and unemployment among blacks is still very high.

The question really isn't how many African Americans will Romney pull away from Obama, but how many AA will actually show up at the polls to vote for Obama. His base is not as energized as it was in 2008 and unemployment among blacks is still very high.

Very true. The youth aren't too thrilled either since his hopey, changey didn't exactly produce a job for them.

Very true. The youth aren't too thrilled either since his hopey, changey didn't exactly produce a job for them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]​

Wishful thinking.

voter participation has increased every election, not decreased, with the exception of 1996.

The total number of votes the Democrat gets has increased on average 10% every election since 1980. So if Obama even gets the average, he'll get 7 million more votes than he did in 2008.

Meanwhile, the Republicans don't increase their vote totals consistantly. They got less votes in 2008, 1992, 1988 and were flat in 1996.

My guess is, Obama will get about 75 million votes and Romney will get something like 62 million.

NBC and the Wall Street Journal poll shows Obama beating Romney among Afros 94%-0%.

Looking inside the numbers, Obama continues to lead Romney among key parts of his political base, including African Americans (94 percent to 0 percent), Latinos (by a 2-to-1 margin), voters under 35-years-old (52 percent to 41 percent) and women (51 percent to 41 percent).
Romney is ahead with whites (53 percent to 40 percent), rural voters (47 percent to 38 percent) and seniors (49 percent to 41 percent).

Really? That's funny, because I haven't even looked and I found two - Allen West and Herman Cain will both be voting for Romney.

Why do you guys post such drivel? You know NBC, MSNBC is desperate to get Obama re-elected. However, wishing something over and over won't make it happen.

Obama is going back to what ever marxist rock he crawled out from under. Even he knows it. His fate was sealed when his radical marxist policies led to a conservative electoral college landslide in the November 2010 elections.

Last edited:

Wishful thinking.

voter participation has increased every election, not decreased, with the exception of 1996.

The total number of votes the Democrat gets has increased on average 10% every election since 1980. So if Obama even gets the average, he'll get 7 million more votes than he did in 2008.

Meanwhile, the Republicans don't increase their vote totals consistantly. They got less votes in 2008, 1992, 1988 and were flat in 1996.

My guess is, Obama will get about 75 million votes and Romney will get something like 62 million.

Well forgive us if we don't take your "guess" very seriously considering you are a typical left-wing communist thug from Chicago who would love to see the entire nation collapse so that "rich people" will live in poverty and be "equal" with you in your mind. Funny thing about you people - this never solves your inferiority complex our inner turmoil issues. You'll be just as miserable in your poverty under communism as you are in capitalism.

Really? That's funny, because I haven't even looked and I found two - Allen West and Herman Cain will both be voting for Romney.

Why do you guys post such drivel? You know NBC, MSNBC is desperate to get Obama re-elected. However, wishing something over and over won't make it happen.

Obama is going back to what ever marxist rock he crawled out from under. Even he knows it. His fate was sealed when is radical marxist policies let to a conservative electoral college landslide in the November 2010 elections.

I'm just highlighting the last sentence for pure humor value...

You do realize that the electoral college only elects the president, right? And it isn't used in Midterms?

and I think the word you were looking for was "led", not "let".

Midterms are meaningless to re-election. Truman, Reagan, Clinton all took beatings in the midterms and still got re-elected.

And a congress with a 10% approval rating is nothing to brag about....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]​

Well duh! First of all, that's what the American people sent conservatives to do in the November 2010 ass-kicking. Second, considering the failure and misery Obama has brought to the U.S., why wouldn't making him a 1 term president be the top priority of all American's?

Wishful thinking.

Well forgive us if we don't take your "guess" very seriously considering you are a typical left-wing communist thug from Chicago who would love to see the entire nation collapse so that "rich people" will live in poverty and be "equal" with you in your mind. Funny thing about you people - this never solves your inferiority complex our inner turmoil issues. You'll be just as miserable in your poverty under communism as you are in capitalism.

So you were unable to get your brain around the numbers, eh? Because I notice when you can't argue facts, you go squeeeeeeeling about "marxism" and "communism" like you should even be taken seriously after spewing those words.

The argument is should we try supply side capitalism or Keynesian capitalism... and supply side hasn't worked. So let's try something better.

Obama is going back to what ever marxist rock he crawled out from under. Even he knows it. His fate was sealed when his radical marxist policies led to a conservative electoral college landslide in the November 2010 elections.

You do realize that the electoral college only elects the president, right? And it isn't used in Midterms?

Midterms are meaningless to re-election. Truman, Reagan, Clinton all took beatings in the midterms and still got re-elected.

I'm just highlighting you second sentence for pure humor value...

Yeah stupid, that's why I made that entire post. You do know this entire thread is about Obama's (the president) re-election (ie presidential election).

God Almighty, you are an embarassment to liberals. We're talking about the presidential election, I mention the electoral college who elects the president, and you say "You do realize that the electoral college only elects the president, right?". LMAO!!!

Wait what?!?!?! :lol::lol:

The electoral college didn't play much of a role in the 2010 election :)

Last edited:

I'm just highlighting you second sentence for pure humor value...

Yeah stupid, that's why I made that entire post. You do know this entire thread is about Obama's (the president) re-election (ie presidential election).

God Almighty, you are an embarassment to liberals. We're talking about the presidential election, I mention the electoral college who elects the president, and you say "You do realize that the electoral college only elects the president, right?". LMAO!!!

2010 wasn't a presidential election... that was my point... but you still don't get it.

And it was meaningless.

Wait what?!?!?! :lol::lol:

The electoral college didn't play much of a role in the 2010 election :)

Shhh... he's on a roll.

why would that surprise you? 94% of black voters approve of the president. 0% say they're voting for romney.

you can't run a 'southern strategy' for more than 40 years and have blacks vote for you.

Forum List

Back