Nazism caused by Secularism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Evangelical, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Except that Hitler used Christianity to gather his people and give them"common cause".

Bit simplistic way of synopsizing the discussion. I'm surprised at Media Matters.

3. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well not quite. Hitler used the "German Christians" who were a very weird group of persons sort of how Episcopalians call themselves Christians but don't follow anything Jesus said to do.

Eventually Hitler turned on the German Christians, and Hitler encouraged the mass exodus of Germans from the church called the Kirkenaustritt.

4. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Yup...

We all know the "secular" roots of European anti-semitism that culminated in Nazi Germany's concentration camps...

All those damned European secularists have spent the last 2000 years foaming at the mouth about the tragic fate of a certain jewish carpenter...

And show me any real correlation between secularism/theocracy and ultra-nationalism (german or any other).

Are iranians less nationalistic now that they live under a shiite theocracy?

What about that beacon of secularism, Scandinavia? I can't remember any recent ultra-nationalist parade in Sweden or Norway...

You're totally delusional, Evangelical... One of the reasons behind Europe's secularisation was all those european religious wars (with or without an underlying economic reason. We can argue till kingdom come about their real causes, but no one can deny the fact that religion provided at least the pretext).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It could not have been without the secularization of Germany after WW1 that Nazism could have pushed their anti-Christian agendas such as their Cathedral of Light which was wholly pagan or their death cult...which I'm sure you know nothing about because you don't actually know anything about Nazism.

6. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,941
    hilter had a great interest in the occult there is no denying that....but i do note the remark....

Episcopalians call themselves Christians but don't follow anything Jesus said to do.

so do tell me there...since you are just dying to witness to us all...who is the one true god and the one true religion and the one true interpetation of the bible...i am sure you have these answers at your fingertips.

7. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    When the Bible says don't put women as pastors or priests, and don't allow sexual immorality, and your church allows BOTH, you're far from God.

8. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    A pagan state is a religious state, a confessional state!!

A pagan state is the exact opposite of a secular state!!

9. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Holy shit!!

One has to have the patience of a buddhist monk to deal with all these online incarnations of Richard the Lionheart and the Knights of the Round Table!!

10. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Actually secularism and paganism are the exact same thing.

Both worship creation, and if you look at ancient Pagans most of their "religion" was ritualizing the mundane, such as drinking, or sex, or harvest, etc.

They simply made into idolatry the things we do as humans.

What more idolatrous is there than a secular society?