Nay Sayers Wrong Again: TARP Not End Of world!!!

allow me please, to say it again....

Dipshit Nay Sayers Wrong Again

And I shall remind YOU again, dullNev, that nobody ever said that TARP was or would be 'the end of the world.'

On the other hand, it is damaging to our economic health, in reality (reality = a place you don't like to even visit).

And I shall remind YOU again, dullNev, that nobody ever said that TARP was or would be 'the end of the world.'

On the other hand, it is damaging to our economic health, in reality (reality = a place you don't like to even visit).

The case to be made for or against the program is an easy one to make for people like you who edal with scenarios based on ideology sans fact. A final case cannot be made about Tarp's efficacy so early as now. Give a little more time and we can qualify and quantify the pluses and minuses of the Tarp issue. One thing is for sure... the GOP and American conservatives and free marketeers got us into this mess and it is up to liberals and Democrats and their allies to bring us out of the gift that keeps on giving...a GOP kiss.

Dipshit Nay Sayers Wrong Again: TARP Working Out Swell!!!

"It turns out, actually, TARP -- as wildly unpopular as it has been -- has been much cheaper than any of us anticipated," President Obama said Thursday at a White House summit on creating jobs.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, who pushed for the fund's creation, made a similar point at a Senate hearing Thursday on his nomination to a second term.

"Unlike some of the scare stories about $700 billion being thrown away, I do believe . . . in the end that there'll be something close to a break-even there," Bernanke said.

The TARP fund may break even, that is, on its first and biggest use of taxpayer money: investing billions -- $205 billion as of Monday -- directly in banks.

Really then how do you explain this?

So TARP worked? Then why do fannie and freddy need 400billion more each? I call bullshit on someone claiming TARP worked because if it did fannie and freddy wouldn't need more cash.

A $400b bailout and counting - The Boston Globe

With unemployment numbers starting to come around - it's getting harder and harder for the "invested-in-the-failure-of-the-U.S." crowd to find something to carp on.

I hope the unemployment numbers keep going this way. If they do we will have actually created jobs for the first month since before bush left office this december. That would be awesome news.

C'mon JOBS, lets have a month of job growth for christmas/new years :)

Really then how do you explain this?

So TARP worked? Then why do fannie and freddy need 400billion more each? I call bullshit on someone claiming TARP worked because if it did fannie and freddy wouldn't need more cash.

A $400b bailout and counting - The Boston Globe

With unemployment numbers starting to come around - it's getting harder and harder for the "invested-in-the-failure-of-the-U.S." crowd to find something to carp on.

I hope the unemployment numbers keep going this way. If they do we will have actually created jobs for the first month since before bush left office this december. That would be awesome news.

C'mon JOBS, lets have a month of job growth for christmas/new years :)
prelimanary results would appear tio support TARP having been more beneficial than not.

The case to be made for or against the program is an easy one to make for people like you who edal with scenarios based on ideology sans fact. A final case cannot be made about Tarp's efficacy so early as now. Give a little more time and we can qualify and quantify the pluses and minuses of the Tarp issue. One thing is for sure... the GOP and American conservatives and free marketeers got us into this mess and it is up to liberals and Democrats and their allies to bring us out of the gift that keeps on giving...a GOP kiss.

I formally DENY, sirrah, that I EVER edal with scenarios!

However, unlike you, when I post, I do address actual facts.

You don't.

This clearly and correctly explains the way you post and the silly things you say!

"It turns out, actually, TARP -- as wildly unpopular as it has been -- has been much cheaper than any of us anticipated," President Obama said Thursday at a White House summit on creating jobs.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, who pushed for the fund's creation, made a similar point at a Senate hearing Thursday on his nomination to a second term.

"Unlike some of the scare stories about $700 billion being thrown away, I do believe . . . in the end that there'll be something close to a break-even there," Bernanke said.

The TARP fund may break even, that is, on its first and biggest use of taxpayer money: investing billions -- $205 billion as of Monday -- directly in banks.

Gale has a son named Nay? I didn't know that, Dev.

And Europe has pretty good healthcare for a lot less than we spend per capita.

Now Criss--you've been on this board for quite some time--would you care to explain to "why we needed TARP in the 1st place---:lol::lol:

Because Phil Gramm snuck an amendment into a spending bill on the day before Christmas recess that deregulated the financial industry. This lead to the creation of a $516 trillion dollar derivative bubble which allowed the people on Wall Street to steal all of the money from our financial system. This money had to be replaced or the financial system would have collapsed.

And Europe has pretty good healthcare for a lot less than we spend per capita.

Now Criss--you've been on this board for quite some time--would you care to explain to "why we needed TARP in the 1st place---:lol::lol:

Because Phil Gramm snuck an amendment into a spending bill on the day before Christmas recess that deregulated the financial industry. This lead to the creation of a $516 trillion dollar derivative bubble which allowed the people on Wall Street to steal all of the money from our financial system. This money had to be replaced or the financial system would have collapsed.

clinton signed that, but you like playing the role of Lewinsky too much to admit that.

clinton signed that, but you like playing the role of Lewinsky too much to admit that.

And Clinton derserves the asshole award for signing the Bill which was a republican wet dream for decades.

Last edited:

And Clinton derserves the asshole award for signing the Bill which was a republican wet dream for decades.

indeed

Forum List

Back