Navy Seal as a father for some

smokin_kat

Cheap Imitation
May 20, 2011
Earth
Why?

I feel so sorry for my dad but then I get so angry because he seems so whacked at times. My family and friends keep trying to tell me that I don't know what it's like to live his life. Yes, I do. He created me. I lived with him and saw his actions, PTSD, night terrors, paranoia, and also the fantastic fun times when he wasn't having a flash back. He's amazing but scary too. I miss him. We haven't spoken in a year because he thought I was out to ruin him and what he has worked for. He didn't call me for my birthday and i just want to know if he is ok.

Anyone out there know what it's like to be a navy seal or a child of a navy seal who became damaged after war? Any responses will be appreciated.

Last edited:
my father was in the SAS and then a homicide detective, but other than a explosive temper he showed no signs of any PTSD but he was definitely on the watch and on guard 24/7 and was usually when looking at people and situations he was assessing the potential for negative outcomes because that because that was a constant in his everyday life..it took him several years after retiring to turn that down and mellow out..the intensity in a male role models might be harder are girls...my sister seemed to have a harder time with it

my father was in the SAS and then a homicide detective, but other than a explosive temper he showed no signs of any PTSD but he was definitely on the watch and on guard 24/7 and was usually when looking at people and situations he was assessing the potential for negative outcomes because that because that was a constant in his everyday life..it took him several years after retiring to turn that down and mellow out..the intensity in a male role models might be harder are girls...my sister seemed to have a harder time with it

You explained a portion of what I have lived. Your explanation was astounding and thank you for posting your experience as I know this can be very personal for most. I have to agree. I think it is harder for women because my brothers act completely different then I do. One turns to gambling or drinking to get his mind of father's "ways".

I still think my father is wonderful but "those" times he lost it are unforgettable and traumatic too.

You feel the need to post this stuff on Memorial Day wekend? Why not get therapy instead of posting unverified accusations about American heroes?

PTSD, night terrors, paranoia,
boo-fucking-hoo

Was he conscripted and forced to become a SEAL? If not, then too-fucking-bad. He made the decision to become a SEAL.

You are right. He made the decision to continue his career to become a SEAL. However, he did not ask to be drafted during the Vietnam War. That decision was made for him and the countless others in his life.

I never asked to be born and bred by a father that was brainwashed by the stellar institution we call the US Military. It takes a certain mindset to be able to do what they must in the name of freedom and liberty. I was merely asking if anyone else could relate to what I have experienced.

Your apathy towards our servicemen and women disturbs me. Many of our national heros are afflicted with very serious repercussions for serving our country... and those consequences often impact innocents. Family and friends are the forgotten casualties of war.

boo-fucking-hoo

Was he conscripted and forced to become a SEAL? If not, then too-fucking-bad. He made the decision to become a SEAL.

You are right. He made the decision to continue his career to become a SEAL. However, he did not ask to be drafted during the Vietnam War. That decision was made for him and the countless others in his life.

And for that, he has my sympathies.

However, he chose to become a SEAL- everything after that point was a consequence of that decision.
I never asked to be born and bred by a father that was brainwashed by the stellar institution we call the US Military
And for that, you have my sympathies. That the next generation suffers as a consequence is a travesty.
. It takes a certain mindset to be able to do what they must in the name of freedom and liberty

They might have claimed to do so 'in the name of' freedom and liberty, but they never fought for freedom and liberty. In 'Nam we fought to prevent the spread of a competing order and authority and protect the profits stemming from neocolonialism and the exploitation of the world proletariat.
Your apathy towards our servicemen and women disturbs me

What apathy?
. Many of our national heros

We don't even have many heroes alive. When, since WWII ended, have we fought a just war?
are afflicted with very serious repercussions for serving our country

Based on when he went in, you father never served this country. He served only those who stood to profit from protecting the status quo and preserve their resources and potential markets.

Family and friends are the forgotten casualties of war.

As I said, that is truly a travesty. You have my sympathies and you father would if he had not chosen to stay in and become a SEAL. Once that decision was made, it was his decision to be a tool of the capitalists.

Get out of here Kat. You have a post about erectile disfunction right above a hit piece pretending to be the daughter/son of a alleged psychotic Navy Seal? At least give Military Veterans a break and post this crap next month.

Get out of here Kat. You have a post about erectile disfunction right above a hit piece pretending to be the daughter/son of a alleged psychotic Navy Seal? At least give Military Veterans a break and post this crap next month.
Where did she say anything about him being psychotic?

Do you even know what psychosis is?

She said he had PTSD/flashbacks resulting from emotional trauma related to the military engagement in which he was involved and the things he saw and/or took part in.

You have a valid reason for questioning her claim that her father was a SEAL, or are you just trolling like a jackass?

Where did she say anything about him being psychotic?

Do you even know what psychosis is?

She said he had PTSD/flashbacks resulting from emotional trauma related to the military engagement in which he was involved and the things he saw and/or took part in.

You have a valid reason for questioning her claim that her father was a SEAL, or are you just trolling like a jackass?

Umm, read the post. "Erectile disfunction" kat said her father was psychotic.

:lol:

What do the two have to do with each other or have any impact on one or the other or even my posting?

I was merely browsing all forums and both ideas of experiences came to mind while visiting military then health forum. Why does this bother you, eh? Did I strike a nerve?

When one accuses the other of lying about anything, being an idiot, cheating, etc.... These are the ones who commit what he/she has accused the other of. I admire your observance but am turned off by your post in this thread. Maybe this too shall pass.

:lol:

What do the two have to do with each other or have any impact on one or the other or even my posting?

I was merely browsing all forums and both ideas of experiences came to mind while visiting military then health forum. Why does this bother you, eh? Did I strike a nerve?

When one accuses the other of lying about anything, being an idiot, cheating, etc.... These are the ones who commit what he/she has accused the other of. I admire your observance but am turned off by your post in this thread. Maybe this too shall pass.

While you are "browsing the forums" for places to deposit your opinion on erectile disfunction and your father's alleged "phychotic" behavior keep in mind that it is Memorial Day weekend and most people don't want to hear about your alleged relationship with your SEAL father and your opinion about erectile disfunction. I get the impression ...well let that go.

"Your delusions of persecution are a telltale sign of early stage paranoid schizophrenia." - Sue Sylvester (hahah! Forgive me I have been on a Glee kick the last few days.)

Sorry, but I feel the need to step in and make a defensive maneuver. Your outbursts, and others, are without validity. Why is it that everyone gets so butt hurt?? I will tell you why. B/c everyone takes everything so GD literally. And sometimes one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. If you make this connection then you, my friend, are the one with the problem. Wow. You just made yourself look like an ass while practically admitting you can't get it up. Amazing. Lmao.

Who appointed you spokesman for "Military Veterans"?

For that matter, why harass a poster for *shockingly* making a post an a message board? You don't have to hang around on this thread, let alone start barking orders, if it offends you so much.

I am sure we'll have ten million and one veteran's appreciation threads for you to thump your chest on.

boo-fucking-hoo

I never asked to be born and bred by a father that was brainwashed by the stellar institution we call the US Military. It takes a certain mindset to be able to do what they must in the name of freedom and liberty. I was merely asking if anyone else could relate to what I have experienced.

Your apathy towards our servicemen and women disturbs me. Many of our national heros are afflicted with very serious repercussions for serving our country... and those consequences often impact innocents. Family and friends are the forgotten casualties of war.
Brainwashed?........Get the fuck outta here!:evil:

No, I won't get the fuck outta here. I am laughing and turning and holding my tonic like a cross.

I only feel hopeless and helpless.... Weak.

Forum List

Back