Navy and Marine Corps are Broken

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Today the Navy and Marine Corps are facing a fundamental choice: maintain current levels of forward presence and risk breaking the force or reduce presence and restore readiness through adequate training, maintenance, and time at home. This choice is driven by the supply of ready naval forces being too small to meet the demand from Combatant Commanders, as adjudicated by the Secretary of Defense. To close the gap, the Department of Defense (DoD) will need to grow the fleet and force, base more ships overseas, or pay to maintain a higher operating tempo. Deploying Beyond Their Means: America’s Navy and Marine Corps At a Tipping Point | RealClearDefense

Seems Trump arrived just in time

The OP has pointed out a fatal flaw in the Bush and Obama admins concerning our military forces.

I don't think Trump has a clue, I think his advisers support the last 16 years of mismanagement of force use, and I pray I am wrong.

Debt and deficit are going sky high for military equip we don't need and will never use.

King Trumpery will be in hog heaven.

Three factors have combined to create an emergency in airpower. First is the wear and tear imposed by nearly 16 years of combat. Second are with the massive, reckless cuts in defense spending imposed by President Obama which, under the Budget Control Act of 2011, are scheduled to continue for at least four years. Third is the near-criminal neglect of our forces by Mr. Obama’s generals and admirals. As a result, so many of our combat aircraft are incapable of flying combat missions that the president is deprived of options that may be critical to any war, large or small. U.S. airpower not at crisis readiness level

I correct Manonthestreet: "massive, reckless cuts in defense spending imposed by President Obama and the Republican Congress, which, under the Budget Control Act . . .". of 2011,

You may continue.

Forum List

Back