National Parks: Which One is Your Favorite

Which National Park is Your Favorite/Would You Want to Visit???

• OLYMPIC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZION

• ARCHES

• REDWOODS

• ACADIA

• SHENANDOAH

• DENALI

• CHANNEL ISLANDS

• GRAND BASIN

• GREAT SAND DUNES

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't been to all of them... but MY favorite is Yellowstone...

IMG_20230807_195211_451.jpg

He picks the one that will destroy America.

---Yellowstone Super Volcano Will Erupt Again And Likely Destroy U.S.---

Literally the reason I picked it...

... it won't just destroy The US, but the ensuing 10 year Winter that encircled the globe will end all human civilization.

Good times.

Been to half the Parks on the list, but my favorites are a couple of the least visited.

Isle Royal National Park is out on Lake Superior and you need to take a four hour boat ride to get to it.
Back country camping only on the large island.

But my favorite that I have gone to since it's creation in 1972 is Voyageurs National Park along the MN/Ontario border, and going there for a yearly fishing trip in September. The park is only accessible by boat or snowmobile as the park is mostly massive lakes dotted with islands and boat in camping. A few resorts are along the edge of the park on a couple of the waterways.
voyageurs-day-use-site-map.jpg

For perspective the milage from west Kabatogama Lake to Crane Lake is 65 miles by water. Rainy Lake to the north in size swallows the four southern lakes and extends 80 miles north into Canada. Border crossing is on your honor to check in at a station. I have explored most of this park with my boat. Pine trees, rocky shores and endless waterways and islands.
20200605_071456.jpg

My favorite bay to fish for Walleye. Taken from a campsite.
2290f0a44b62__1274426674000.jpeg

Boat at a campsite.

20170211_132037.jpg

Same location 12 miles in from the road when snowmobiling.

Easy to go with the obvious choice, Yellowstone. It checks all of the boxes. Grand Canyon is incredible. Lake Mead and GG NRA is incredibly special as well. But I think my favorite park is Bryce Canyon. Not over-crowded. Pitch black at night. Freezing cold in the fall. You can drive through and see everything or you can hike down into the canyon and see it up close.

What Say You?

PS: Lets keep it clean folks...
I would have to say Yellowstone was always my favorite.

Forum List

Back