Nasty conservative tells NAACP to kiss his butt.

The only patriotic organizations in this country are those ready to give their lives for it.

The US Military.

NAACP is not patriotic. They do not represent the people, only some of the people.

Total Bullshit

The NAACP represent the last true patriots in the spirit of our founding fathers. They PEACEFULLY took on oppressive state governments and won. They withstood beatings, assasination, terrorist attacks and government oppression

It is one of the proudest accomplishments in US History

Proof that you oppose freedoms of press and assembly and petititon and speech and religion and promotion of liberty and responsible/repressive government and modern capitalism in a social democracy? Then you are not modern conservatives.

I suppose you support abortion and oppose the 2nd amendment. Then you are not modern conservatives.

I suppose you support the Patriot Act. Then you are not modern conservatives.

So forth and so on, because we are not going back beyond WWII. Not going to happen.

I'm sorry, who started this "Modern Conservative: party?

This is the party of all Republicans, Ollie, from the few libs to the few far cons. What above do you disagree with?

More than I'll go into here....

The only patriotic organizations in this country are those ready to give their lives for it.

The US Military.

NAACP is not patriotic. They do not represent the people, only some of the people.

Total Bullshit

The NAACP represent the last true patriots in the spirit of our founding fathers. They PEACEFULLY took on oppressive state governments and won. They withstood beatings, assasination, terrorist attacks and government oppression

And they still do not represent all the people. Only colored people. By their own definition. I'm sorry but when I put on the uniform I supported the entire country, not just a minority segment of it. But i can understand how some can't see the difference.

The US Military.

Total Bullshit

that was back in the 60's
not what they have done in the last 10 years

The US Military.

Total Bullshit

And they still do not represent all the people. Only colored people. By their own definition. I'm sorry but when I put on the uniform I supported the entire country, not just a minority segment of it. But i can understand how some can't see the difference.

No

What they did, they did for the WHOLE country.

We were not a moral country while we continued to maintain and official second class citizenry

Ollie

Do you think NAACP members did not die for their country?

Total Bullshit

No

We were not a moral country while we continued to maintain and official second class citizenry

Ollie

again, that was back in the 60's

No

Ollie

How many Tea Baggers have been willing to die for their country? How many have been willing to have their heads smashed open and not fight back?

No

Ollie

How many Tea Baggers have been willing to die for their country? How many have been willing to have their heads smashed open and not fight back?
when you can drop the homosexual slurs regarding them you might get an answer
till then, fuck off

Total Bullshit

No

Ollie

Never said that. Never spoke at all about individuals. the organization may have helped fix a wrong. But they do not represent the people.

And I'm done with this subject.

No

Ollie

Never said that. Never spoke at all about individuals. the organization may have helped fix a wrong. But they do not represent the people.

And I'm done with this subject.

The NAACP represented me as an American

I am proud of what they did

From W.E.B. DuBois through the civil rights campaigns, members of the NAACP, black and white, risked their lives for a better America, and I am grateful for their heroism, courage, and shed blood on all of our behalfs.

I am not pleased with today's NAACP, but none of that diminishes one iota or ounce of what happened before.

From W.E.B. DuBois through the civil rights campaigns, members of the NAACP, black and white, risked their lives for a better America, and I am grateful for their heroism, courage, and shed blood on all of our behalfs.

I am not pleased with today's NAACP, but none of that diminishes one iota or ounce of what happened before.
thats the point, jake, it isnt the same NAACP anymore

Hey rdean, do you know that the governor has a black son?

I knew racists would be out in spades for this thread..... And sure enough there are already several here.

The governor has a "black" son. OK, what's the point?

Just like Mel Gibson playing with Whoopi Goldberg's children only to later on unleash his latent racism by suggesting his girlfriend would get raped by a pack of *******.

There are Black people and then there are XXXXXXX . XXXXXXX are the ones that are disrespectful to just about everyone that is not of their race. Whoopi is not a XXXXXXX , gangsters are(no matter what race). What Mel said is taken out of context. He was refering to gangsters or a group of men that don't care and do what ever they want, not Black people. ;)

There are Black people and then there are XXXXXXX . XXXXXXX are the ones that are disrespectful to just about everyone that is not of their race. Whoopi is not a XXXXXXX , gangsters are(no matter what race). What Mel said is taken out of context. He was refering to gangsters or a group of men that don't care and do what ever they want, not Black people. ;)
:lol:

Is this your idea of a comedic routine?

Seriously...:rolleyes:

The governor has a "black" son. OK, what's the point?

Just like Mel Gibson playing with Whoopi Goldberg's children only to later on unleash his latent racism by suggesting his girlfriend would get raped by a pack of *******.

Basically this is a lame excuse to justify white people saying ******.

The US Military.

Total Bullshit

Are you eliminating the soldiers we have as patriots? They are here now.

However, I do think that they ancestors of people of color should use this day as a memorial to one of the most tortured group of Americans we've had. Tributes to the slaves and what they endured during their lives should be in order on this day. Everyone should put these men and women up on pedestals.

It still amazes me that when emancipated, most didn't look for the nearest ship to take them back home, but stayed to make a better life here. That is what I call brave. But the inhumaity continued for them until the brave men like MLK came and fought peacefully for their rights like any other person.

There's such a rich history there for all of us. And lessons for all of us.

44 - Governor declines MLK day event invite, tells critics: 'Kiss my butt' (updated)

LePage, who adopted a son from Jamaica, declined invitations to attend a dinner in Portland on Sunday night and a breakfast in Orono on Monday because of prior commitments. "I'm not gonna' be held hostage by any special interest. And if they want, they can look at my family pictures. My son happens to be black. .. The fact of the matter is, there [are] only so many hours in the day, so many hours in the week and so much that you can do."

The NAACP's state director said the group felt it was being neglected by the new governor, a Republican elected in November with tea party support.

When asked by a reporter Friday to respond, LePage said: "Tell them to kiss my butt."
Nice going, Gov. Real smoove.

Ooops! I didn't see the other thread on this one.

One final thought...

They are a special interest. End of story...and I'm not going to be held hostage by special interests.

It will be interesting to see if he meets with any other special interest groups over the next 4 years....

I'm gonna bet he'd make time for tea party nutters....

as for the special interest, if it weren't for MLK, his son couldn't eat at a lunch counter down south. *shrug*

sets a great example for the kid, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back