Name the one STATE that gives lifetime tenure to their Supreme Court?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Rhode Island. A few states let them serve till they're 70. The rest have terms from 6 to 14 years. Many are also elected not appointed. OTOH - All federal judges including the SC are appointed for life as per the constitution. Why did the FF do that.? Because it never occurred to them that judges would give themselves power to write, rewrite, and repeal laws. After-all the first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

State supreme courts - Ballotpedia

I bring this up in current events because of the recent ruling by a lower federal judge that because obama did not enforce our immigration laws, that trump cannot enforce them either! The US Supreme Court refused today to expedite the case. So DACA continues indefinitely even though it is NOT a law and the illegals continue to cost the american taxpayer a billion dollars a day!!!

All federal judges should serve 6 year terms.

In a way I agree with you, but I agree with them about DACA.

Do you think the maj should pick the supreme court?

Rhode Island. A few states let them serve till they're 70. The rest have terms from 6 to 14 years. Many are also elected not appointed. OTOH - All federal judges including the SC are appointed for life as per the constitution. Why did the FF do that.? Because it never occurred to them that judges would give themselves power to write, rewrite, and repeal laws. After-all the first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

State supreme courts - Ballotpedia

I bring this up in current events because of the recent ruling by a lower federal judge that because obama did not enforce our immigration laws, that trump cannot enforce them either! The US Supreme Court refused today to expedite the case. So DACA continues indefinitely even though it is NOT a law and the illegals continue to cost the american taxpayer a billion dollars a day!!!

All federal judges should serve 6 year terms.
Three Branches of a Poison Oak

SCROTUS's purpose is to prevent legislators from obeying their constituents.

• Banned
Eventually the Supreme Court will over rule, if the appeals court doesn't do so first.

Yes but that might take years and in the meantime these invaders are still here bankrupting the country.. The judge knows what he did is legally indefensible but hey - all judges take bribes.

Eventually the Supreme Court will over rule, if the appeals court doesn't do so first.

Yes but that might take years and in the meantime these invaders are still here bankrupting the country.. The judge knows what he did is legally indefensible but hey - all judges take bribes.
Back to the Halls of Montezuma

Mexico has oil money, which we are capable of taking away from them. The same goes for their drug money. They can keep their mud shacks and burros.

Forum List

Back