Nail in the friggin coffin for Crist

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Crist signs Fla. bill legalizing red light cameras TCPalm.com

TALLAHASSEE — Red light cameras will be fully legal in Florida as of July 1.

Gov. Charlie Crist on Thursday signed a new law that authorizes the cameras as enforcement devices.

Fuck you Crist. Fuck you very much.

...and no. I've never gotten a ticket from one of those things. I just think that all they actually can make an intersection less safe, and open up all kinds of possibilities for the government to fleece their citizens.

Last edited:
Another stream of revenue during these difficult economic times. It may very well bite him in the ass big time.

I can't believe people don't riot in the streets over those red light cameras.

Talk about invasion of privacy. Cameras everywhere. It's very disturbing.

Gov. Charlie Crist on Thursday signed a new law that authorizes the cameras as enforcement devices.

...and no. I've never gotten a ticket from one of those things. I just think that all they actually can make an intersection less safe, and open up all kinds of possibilities for the government to fleece their citizens.

why do you think they can make an intersection less safe?

as an aside, there is nothing like the %*$$*$))&**$ moment when you see the camera flash go off as you come through an intersection.

Tampa news 10 did a piece on those cameras, last week.
They cost so much to have, they need to give out tickets just to break even.

Rubio in 2010 :D

Just a basic question. If you break the law by running a red light, if a policeman is not there to see it, is it still a crime?

I like em. There are too many folks gunning lights as it is. You gun the light, you pay a ticket.

Some intersections just aren't safe during rush hour because of Aholes who will see red and charge, so you can't cross. One of them was next to my kids school

It is sort of like that new law in AZ. The law is the law, and we intend to actually enforce the damn thing.

as an aside, there is nothing like the %*$$*$))&**$ moment when you see the camera flash go off as you come through an intersection.

People slamming on brakes waaaay early, the instant the light turns yellow, afraid that they're going to get a ticket. When in actuality they and another car could have gone through OK. Also, redlight camera companies have been proven, with the local government's permission and blessing, to actually SHORTEN the length of time of a yellow light. Then it really makes the situation less safe, and all about the revenues for the government.

Then there's the video from an intersection in LA, watch as it turns from yellow to red:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FndhEE-pKRs]YouTube - Los Angeles' Right-Turn Red Light Camera Trap[/ame]

The blue car got a ticket. And the timing of the light was done on purpose to maximize revenue.

Tampa news 10 did a piece on those cameras, last week.
They cost so much to have, they need to give out tickets just to break even.

Rubio in 2010 :D

Many red light camera companies are not charging any set-up fees to the local governments. They just want a slice of the pie when the revenues start rolling in.

People slamming on brakes waaaay early, the instant the light turns yellow, afraid that they're going to get a ticket. When in actuality they and another car could have gone through OK. Also, redlight camera companies have been proven, with the local government's permission and blessing, to actually SHORTEN the length of time of a yellow light. Then it really makes the situation less safe, and all about the revenues for the government.

Then there's the video from an intersection in LA, watch as it turns from yellow to red:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FndhEE-pKRs]YouTube - Los Angeles' Right-Turn Red Light Camera Trap[/ame]

The blue car got a ticket. And the timing of the light was done on purpose to maximize revenue.

There was a green arrow though.:confused:

I like em. There are too many folks gunning lights as it is. You gun the light, you pay a ticket.

Some intersections just aren't safe during rush hour because of Aholes who will see red and charge, so you can't cross. One of them was next to my kids school

It is sort of like that new law in AZ. The law is the law, and we intend to actually enforce the damn thing.

Except in many cases they are manipulating traffic patterns in order to maximize the number of offenders.

But yeeeeaaaahhhh....it'$ all about the $afety of the motori$t$.

There was a green arrow though.:confused:

There was 4/10ths of one second where all them were red. And it was set up that way on purpose.

YouTube - Los Angeles' Right-Turn Red Light Camera Trap

i see what you mean. i guess we're just used to it here. i can't tell you what i do to my breaks b/c of how fast the yellow lights are. i don't like it, but i don't think we have much of a problem with rear-end collisions because of it. on the other hand... maybe we do. i never really thought about it.

Get ahold of a shyster atty and do a class action. That is what class action is for.

If, as you say, they are deliberately changing traffic patterns in a way that is unsafe, the atty can probably retire on the settlement before the case even goes to discovery.

make sure the lawyers that file for an injunction look at how that was successful in MN to stop them from being used except for emergency vehicle crossings.

Forum List

Back