N.J. Law would make recording minors without parental consent a 3rd-degree crime

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
“Under no circumstances should any child be unknowingly videotaped, photographed or otherwise recorded without parental consent,” O’Toole said. “This legislation reflects our paramount responsibility as legislators to ensure the safest possible atmosphere for children and provides authorities with greater resources and prosecution power to protect our children.”

The legislation would make it a third-degree crime to record a minor without parental consent under any circumstances.

New N.J. legislation would make recording minors without parental consent a 3rd-degree crime | NJ.com

Anyone see a problem with us? :blowup:

“Under no circumstances should any child be unknowingly videotaped, photographed or otherwise recorded without parental consent,” O’Toole said. “This legislation reflects our paramount responsibility as legislators to ensure the safest possible atmosphere for children and provides authorities with greater resources and prosecution power to protect our children.”

The legislation would make it a third-degree crime to record a minor without parental consent under any circumstances.

New N.J. legislation would make recording minors without parental consent a 3rd-degree crime | NJ.com

I see a problem with recording anyone without their knowledge/consent.

BTW - this linked article is kind of crazy. It seems this perv was secretly videotaping small children in bathrooms. So NJ passes a law saying it is a crime to do that. Can we then infer that it is OK to make sneak videos of ADULTS in bathrooms in the good state of New Jersey? Something missing here.

Last edited:

Like Rodney King you libertard fool?

What about criminals robbing a bank, better shut off those cameras they didn't OK it.

The media shouldn't tape anything either. And the scumbag Islamofacist that tried to blow up time square, no way in hell his wouldbe crime should have been video-taped!

BTW - this linked article is kind of crazy. It seems this perv was secretly videotaping small children in bathrooms. So NJ passes a law saying it is a crime to do that. Can we then infer that it is OK to make sneak videos of ADULTS in bathrooms in the good state of New Jersey? Something missing here.

Stupid bill that will cause way more problems then it will solve! I guess you can't video tape your kids birthday, because other kids will get videoed without their parents consent. I really hope they have a crave-out for Banks and other secured places, because if they don't they no cameras in banks, malls, jewerly stores, liquor store, SCHOOLS, police stations ETC.

Like it or not camera's many times prevent crime and capture criminal acts!

Exactly. I am a teacher. I take lots of pictures of my students at special events. I read the text of the bill and there are no special exemptions except for law enforcement.

Apparently there is an "affirmative defense" for benign use, but I believe that is used in a courtroom. One will still be charged with a crime.

And George, there are already voyeurism laws on the books.

It's just another case of NJ politicians exploiting child victims to get their names in the paper. It is a bad, bad law, but certainly a gift to the trial lawyers. "Your kid dissed my kid and I see a picture of them together on facebook. See ya in Court."

Exactly. I am a teacher. I take lots of pictures of my students at special events. I read the text of the bill and there are no special exemptions except for law enforcement.
Can't videotape football games, school dances etc. without a lengthy waiver form!

Apparently there is an "affirmative defense" for benign use, but I believe that is used in a courtroom. One will still be charged with a crime.
Guaranteed!!! Liberal lawyers wrote the law, they want to protect their craft!

It's just another case of NJ politicians exploiting child victims to get their names in the paper. It is a bad, bad law, but certainly a gift to the trial lawyers. "Your kid dissed my kid and I see a picture of them together on facebook. See ya in Court."
No doubt! In the end it's another example of an over-broad and over-burdensome law that tries to address an issue, but doesn't address the issue, rather causes a few hundred other issues!

In the end how is this going to prevent child exploiters or safe child victims? A scumbag child molester is going to do what they want to do regardless!

Laws are sometimes written by elected people who have no experience with the law. I would bet my ass-ets that the law is intended to deter pedophiles from taping kids and selling the tapes to monsters like NAMBLA members and other homosexual pedophile clubs but it also deters parents from eavesdropping on their own kids for their own safety.

Forum List

Back