Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’

Erdogan: These descriptions [the term “moderate Islam”] are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.

Quotations on Islam from Notable Muslims - WikiIslam
I suggest you read about Wikilslam before quoting it. I suppose if you looking for a source that interprets every single aspect of Islam as stupid at best and evil at worst, it's probably your cut of tea.
It's been quoted in all major press articles. He refers to the phrase as an ignorant Western invention.
WkiIslam quoted in all major press articles? I think not. WkiIslam is a favorite source at anti-Islamic web sites, Facebook and Twitter. It's similar to other sites such as Wikipedia that publish open editable content from anonymous sources. Content is reviewed and edited by the audience of viewers. The assumption is made that the audience will be a good representation of different opinions and will eliminate bias and inaccuracies. The problem is WikiIslam's audience is highly critical of Islam. In fact, it says so in their FAQ. This means that the articles are not just biased but inaccurate content unfavorable to Islam is not likely to be corrected.
OK. Another deliberately dense lib.
On the off chance you're genuinely stupid, go read back and then try again.
Insults will get you nowhere

Muslims repeatedly condemn atrocities committed in their name. A quick Google regarding the San Bernardino shootings shows that you are the one spreading lies- and why?

Because this are no lies.
Do you pathetic appeaser listen to what they say (and, moreover, WHO, and what tey DON'T say)? With every word, every expression they WARN to relate THEIR atrocities to Islam. They do NOT apaologize, they do NOT agree that the Quoran and the Hadths contain violent murder instructions which should be abolished.
First of all, they can't, because (what you obviously don't know) the Quran is the original word of Allah
that cannot by any means be abolished, altered or even interpreted.
Second, they use the abrogation principle to cite the verses (mostly also only the useful parts of them for the case) which are actually substituted by the newer ones. Which are violent, of course.

Listen, we have the repesentatives of Islam here in the country, who do this all the time. If whatever happens in the name of Islam, they show up and WARN us to relate this to Islam. Because this could lead to violence in the name of the peaceful religion.

And, because I used the term religion: Islam is not a religion. It has nothing in it we could describe abstract or transcendent by any means.
Read this fucking book. It is completely crazy, the content can be summarized as personal law of Mohammed to justify murder, rape and theft for himself.. There is nothing else to it.
NOTHING.

Israel must be destroyed,’ said chief Middle East advisor to Turkey’s President Erdogan,” by Abdullah Bozkurt, Nordic Monitor, February 15, 2024:

The person responsible for shaping Turkey’s foreign policy in the Middle East in the office of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been revealed to have called for the destruction of Israel, as uncovered by a Nordic Monitor investigation.
Sefer Turan, a 62-year-old pro-Iranian Islamist and a chief advisor to the Turkish president, has openly denied Israel’s right to exist, stating, “We must consistently and at every opportunity inform the public that there is no such state called Israel.”
Turan’s remarks were made in June 1997 during a panel discussion concerning the closure of the Palestine Solidarity and Friendship Association (Filistin Dayanışma ve Dostluk Derneği, FDD) by Turkish authorities. The FDD was identified as a front organization sponsored by the Iranian mullah regime in Turkey, aimed at channeling funds to armed Palestinian jihadist groups, organizing rallies against Israel and promoting antisemitism in Turkey.
Turan, one of the architects of the FDD, vehemently criticized the government’s decision to shut down the organization. He also condemned the peace initiatives launched in Madrid in 1991 that aimed to foster peace between Israel and Palestine, along with several Arab nations. The Madrid conference, co-sponsored by the US and the Soviet Union, eventually resulted in the signing of the Oslo I Accord in 1993 and the peace treaty between Jordan and Israel in 1994.
“We must openly reveal our identity and, if necessary, endure the risks,” Turan emphasized, further stating, “Nothing ends with the closure of the FDD.”
The driving force behind the creation of the FDD was a propaganda magazine named Yörünge, which received funding from the Iranian regime and was operated by pro-Iranian Turkish Islamists. Some members of this group had undergone training by Iranian intelligence in handling arms and explosives. Turkish authorities took action against the magazine, shutting it down and initiating criminal investigations and indictments against its staff.
The application for the establishment of the FDD was initially approved on July 1, 1995, during a preliminary process and later endorsed by the Interior Ministry in November 1995. However, a month after approval, the ministry requested that the FDD halt its operations until the Cabinet reviewed the application, citing concerns regarding the mention of international operations in the founding charter, which fell under the discretion of the Cabinet. On May 7, 1997 the government officially notified the FDD of its closure.
The FDD board members included Ahmet Varol, Remzi Çayır, Rıdvan Kaya, Nurettin Şirin, Fikret Özdemir and Ahmet Ağırakça, several of whom had longstanding ties with the Iranian Islamist Revolutionary Guards Corps Quds Force.
In fact, both Turan, working as chief aide to Erdogan at the time, and Şirin were suspects in a confidential investigation into the Quds Force network between 2011 and 2014. During this period their phones were tapped under court order as investigators sought to uncover an Iranian intelligence network in Turkey. The investigation aimed to determine any plots targeting Israeli, Jewish and Western interests in Turkey….

Thank you! A Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim. Period.

I do not understand how Leftists and Progressives can continually apologize for and expect everyone to believe this tripe. If a person accepts Islam and the teachings of the Koran, they are Muslims. And the Koran teaches that, if you do not accept the teachings of the prophet you either pay up or die. That's it. Islam itself means SUBMISSION. Submissions to the teachings of a warring tyrant pedophile who was a murderous mysogynist.

Read more @ Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’

Islam Incompatible With Western Democracy @ Doug Ross @ Journal: POLITICAL SCIENTIST: Islam Incompatible With Western Democracy explains what Leftists and Progressives don't want you to know or understand. The question for Islam apologizers is: can you factually disprove this assertion?
Do you know any muslims?

A "moderate" Muslim is the guy who holds you down while the extremist Muslim saws your head off.

Thank you! A Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim. Period.

I do not understand how Leftists and Progressives can continually apologize for and expect everyone to believe this tripe. If a person accepts Islam and the teachings of the Koran, they are Muslims. And the Koran teaches that, if you do not accept the teachings of the prophet you either pay up or die. That's it. Islam itself means SUBMISSION. Submissions to the teachings of a warring tyrant pedophile who was a murderous mysogynist.

Read more @ Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’

Islam Incompatible With Western Democracy @ Doug Ross @ Journal: POLITICAL SCIENTIST: Islam Incompatible With Western Democracy explains what Leftists and Progressives don't want you to know or understand. The question for Islam apologizers is: can you factually disprove this assertion?
Islam is the 2nd largest religion in world. There are 7 major divisions of Islam and 5 major divisions of Christianity. Within both religions you have fundamentalist who follow the teaching strictly and those who are religious in name only.

So if you mean all Muslims have all the same beliefs and follow their religion with same zeal, I disagree with you. I would same thing for Christians.

Islam is the 2nd largest religion in world. There are 7 major divisions of Islam and 5 major divisions of Christianity. Within both religions you have fundamentalist who follow the teaching strictly and those who are religious in name only.

So if you mean all Muslims have all the same beliefs and follow their religion with same zeal, I disagree with you. I would say the same thing for Christians.
Yes, I know a number of Muslims, one in my family. A few of them are really devout, pray 5 times a day, Masque every Friday, and strive toward practicing kindness (to people and animals), giving to charities, and forgivening, honesty, patience, justice, respecting parents and elders, keeping promises, etc. And I know some that don't even come close to being devout. Some are Muslims because of their spouse, parents, or friends. However, I do believe they are more devout than most Christians.

Yes, I know a number of Muslims, one in my family. A few of them are really devout, pray 5 times a day, Masque every Friday, and strive toward practicing kindness (to people and animals), giving to charities, and forgivening, honesty, patience, justice, respecting parents and elders, keeping promises, etc. And I know some that don't even come close to being devout. Some are Muslims because of their spouse, parents, or friends. However, I do believe they are more devout than most Christians.
Agree. Most people in religious cults are more devoted, more religious than many Christians. That's because Christianity sets you free from religion. They crucified Jesus because He insulted the religious people.

Turkish politician from AK Party applauds Hitler’s genocide of Jews, sparking controversy.
Suleyman Sezen, a council member representing President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Justice and Development Party (AK Party) in Atakum district, Samsun province, publicly commended Adolf Hitler for the genocide of Jews.

Forum List

Back