Myth: Illegal aliens contribute to the economy

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
“With the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year (JUST one County!). These costs do not include the hundreds of millions of dollars for education. The continuously rising amounts explain why not only L.A. County, but the entire state of California is now in financial ruin.

In 2003, the American Southwest saw 77 hospitals enter bankruptcy due to unpaid medical bills incurred by illegal aliens."

Most illegal aliens work under the table or work for themselves and don't pay Federal or State income taxes.

Myth: Illegal aliens contribute to the economy - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

“With the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year (JUST one County!). These costs do not include the hundreds of millions of dollars for education. The continuously rising amounts explain why not only L.A. County, but the entire state of California is now in financial ruin.

In 2003, the American Southwest saw 77 hospitals enter bankruptcy due to unpaid medical bills incurred by illegal aliens."

Most illegal aliens work under the table or work for themselves and don't pay Federal or State income taxes.

Myth: Illegal aliens contribute to the economy - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

We pick up the tab for the millions of anchor babies born each year. And illegals are filing taxes, using the ITIN number and getting huge refunds ($10,000 +) I am guessing they get the state refunds as well. Many work, like you said under the table, so they have an income on top of the aid they receive. What bugs me is that the people who owe for medical care don't even attempt to make a payment. Imagine if the millions who walked out without paying their bill would each send a measley $5.00 or $10.00 a month to pay on their bills. The hospitals might be able to stay in business. It's common now to see hospitals in areas heavily populated by illegals to file bankruptcy. That hurts everyone.

I don't get why the libs are more concerned with asking for more entitlements when we are being sucked dry as it is.

Mr Fucktard Sir:

1- Before LBJ created the welfare state in 1965 we had open borders with Mexico and there was never a problem. Mexicans could go back and forth at their convenience

2- The USA declared bankruptcy in 1935 - back then there were NO MEXICANS OR HISPANICS in a position of power at the national or state level

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIT

Daily Kos: Kicking out immigrants isn't working well for Alabama
^In Georgia fruit and vegetable farmers (who make up just 5% of Georgia’s total crop value have lost 75 million dollars in unpicked crops because they couldn’t get enough labour to pick them after the state enacted an anti-immigration law that caused immigrants to flee; farmers say the lacked 40% of the work force they needed.
^Extrapolating the data Georgia lost 1.5 billion in un-harvested crops.

SB-1070 Mass Deportation Policy Could Shrink Arizona Economy By $48.8 Billion | ThinkProgress
^The Arizona immigration bill is estimated to:
Reduce state tax revenue by 10.1%
Eliminate 581,000 jobs
Shrink the economy by 48.8 billion

Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
Illegal immigrants contribute a net 80,000 dollars in taxes over their lifetime. Meaning the 12 million illegal immigrants currently in America will contribute 1 trillion more dollars in taxes than they receive in benefits. Illegal immigrants still pay all state/local taxes (including sales and property) while paying some income taxes (some are paid under the table). Since illegal immigrants enter the country during their working years they do not cost the government in education costs. Also sine illegal immigrants are legally unable to get SS, Medicare or other social benefits they do not cost the government any money in those matters.

Study predicts $1.5 trillion increase in GDP if undocumented immigrants are legalized. | ThinkProgress
^Legalizing immigrants would add 1.5 trillion to GDP in ten years due to higher wages and spending. It would also create 1 million jobs. Deporting illegal immigrants would reduce GDP by 2.6 trillion over ten years (not including the cost of deportation).

Mr Fucktard Sir:

1- Before LBJ created the welfare state in 1965 we had open borders with Mexico and there was never a problem. Mexicans could go back and forth at their convenience

2- The USA declared bankruptcy in 1935 - back then there were NO MEXICANS OR HISPANICS in a position of power at the national or state level

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIT

You have a big mouth for a little girl. Did somebody take your dolls away? Losers like you are cowards. You would never talk to anybody like that in person because you would be picking up your teeth. Now go away loser.

Mr Fucktard Sir:

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIT

So, If you want to keep the open borders, then let's get rid of the welfare state. That should solve the problem shouldn't it?

^In Georgia fruit and vegetable farmers (who make up just 5% of Georgia’s total crop value have lost 75 million dollars in unpicked crops because they couldn’t get enough labour to pick them after the state enacted an anti-immigration law that caused immigrants to flee; farmers say the lacked 40% of the work force they needed.

SB-1070 Mass Deportation Policy Could Shrink Arizona Economy By $48.8 Billion | ThinkProgress
Eliminate 581,000 jobs

Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
Illegal immigrants contribute a net 80,000 dollars in taxes over their lifetime. Meaning the 12 million illegal immigrants currently in America will contribute 1 trillion more dollars in taxes than they receive in benefits. Illegal immigrants still pay all state/local taxes (including sales and property) while paying some income taxes (some are paid under the table). Since illegal immigrants enter the country during their working years they do not cost the government in education costs. Also sine illegal immigrants are legally unable to get SS, Medicare or other social benefits they do not cost the government any money in those matters.

Study predicts $1.5 trillion increase in GDP if undocumented immigrants are legalized. | ThinkProgress
^Legalizing immigrants would add 1.5 trillion to GDP in ten years due to higher wages and spending. It would also create 1 million jobs. Deporting illegal immigrants would reduce GDP by 2.6 trillion over ten years (not including the cost of deportation).

My post wasn't about studies. IT WAS ACTUAL FIGURES FROM L.A. COUNTY! It other words REAL figures!

Mr Fucktard Sir:

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIT

You have a big mouth for a little girl. Did somebody take your dolls away? Losers like you are cowards. You would never talk to anybody like that in person because you would be picking up your teeth. Now go away loser.

You stupid ding dong, I don't even go to the shitter without my .357 magnum. So your boyfriend is the one who would be picking up your body parts.

Yep illegals sure do boost Mexico's economy. Money they send home is probably the largest source of ourside income for Mexico.

Mr Fucktard Sir:

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIT

So, If you want to keep the open borders, then let's get rid of the welfare state. That should solve the problem shouldn't it?

That has been part of the Libertarian Party Platform since its creation in 1971.

But now you have Obama and Obama Light running for Prez. So the welfare state will remain untouched.

The Examiner is pure Pubcrappe, of course, for dupes only.

The Pew Center survey in 2007, before this Pub BS DEPRESSION, that 94% of illegal males work, 67% pay taxes, 35% own homes- thanks to Pubs' refusal of good SS/work ID card, of course. They love cheap labor...Pub Dupes!

Pass Schumer/Lindsay Graham Bill and end the Pub charade fcs, dupes...

Eliminate 581,000 jobs

My post wasn't about studies. IT WAS ACTUAL FIGURES FROM L.A. COUNTY! It other words REAL figures!

See this is the problem you are such a retard that you think reality is a study and you cherry pikcing data is statsics.
every one here agrees that you are a retard

Granny says, "An now ya have it - official illegal alien deportation policy...
:mad:
ICE Director: U.S. Immigration Law Requires Removal of Illegal Aliens, Deporting Non-Criminals ‘Quite Rare’
June 12, 2012 – In an interview with National Public Radio’s “Weekend Edition” on Saturday, John Morton, director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told host Scott Simon that U.S. immigration laws require the removal of aliens who are in the country illegally, but that those without criminal records are “not our priority.”
In the June 9 interview, Simon asked Morton about charges by some critics of his agency that illegal aliens were being rounded up for minor infractions like a broken taillight and being deported. “Now, we spoke with Mary Meg McCarthy, who’s executive director of Heartland Alliance's National Immigrant Justice Center in Chicago, and she says that they often see cases of illegal immigrants who have no criminal record being deported or people who were just stopped for minor infractions like a broken taillight,” Simon said. “Sometime it's something as simple as a broken taillight, right? They may be stopped for and the next thing you know, they're facing deportation from the United States after living here for years,” McCarthy said. “You wouldn't dispute that, necessarily,” Simon said.

“The immigration laws of the United States provide that people can be removed simply for being here unlawfully. And obviously, our job is to enforce the law. And while we do remove people without criminal convictions, the scenario that she lays out of people who've been here for a very long period of time and have no criminal record and are removed from the United States is, in fact, quite rare,” Morton replied. “Those people are not our priority, and we don't seek to remove them in large numbers,” Morton said.

Simon also asked Morton about the 25 percent increase in agents responsible for the identification and deportation of illegal aliens with criminal records that was put into place last month. The increase, which began without public notice on May 14, increases the number of fugitive operations teams from 104 to 129. Each team has been given a goal of arresting 50 suspects per month, according to documents obtained by the Los Angeles Times/Tribune Washington Bureau. In his interview with Simon, however, Morton said, “we don't assign a given number of individuals to arrest.”

Simon concluded the interview by asking Morton if the increase in agents was political in nature. “I reject that assertion,” Simon said. “Listen, we are trying to make the best of a difficult set of circumstances. “We have come up with what we believe to be a rational set of priorities that focus on criminal offenders, border security and people who game the system,” Morton said. “And at the same time, advocate for long-term immigration reform that deals in a rational way with the large number of people who've lived here for a very, very long period of time and for whom removal, as a class, really isn't the answer.”

Source

This is going to be a whopper of a brain death topic. :lol:

When they get a place to stay, they pay the landlord rent. Is that not contributing to the economy?

When they buy goods and services, in most states, they pay a sales tax. Is that not a contribution?

When they spend their paycheck on living expenses, is that not a contribution to the economy?

[When they get a place to stay, they pay the landlord rent. Is that not contributing to the economy?

When they buy goods and services, in most states, they pay a sales tax. Is that not a contribution?

When they spend their paycheck on living expenses, is that not a contribution to the economy?

The point of contention is whether or not the cost of them being here is more or less than what they're contributing. Then, of course, there is whole ILLEGAL part of it, since they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.

Maybe those hospitals shouldn't charge obscene rates for the care they provide. I spent a night in the hospital recently, they sent me a bill for $14,000.00. One night! Fourteen thousand bucks! One fucking night!

Fuck those hospitals! I hope nobody pays their bills.

Mr Fucktard Sir:

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIT

Dear idiot,

next time before you post such stupidly wrong "facts" you should probably try using google and wikipedia a little bit to see if you happen to be correct...which you are NOT...

Page Act of 1875 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Immigration Act of 1891
The Geary Act of 1892
The Canadian Agreement of 1894
The Immigration Act of 1903
The Immigration Act of 1917
The Immigration Act of 1918
The Emergency Quota Act of 1921 <----the big one
The Immigration Act of 1924
The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952

Hmmmm....all of these restricted immigration in some way BEFORE LBJ even took office....guess your statement about open borders was false then huh?

dumbass

Maybe those hospitals shouldn't charge obscene rates for the care they provide. I spent a night in the hospital recently, they sent me a bill for $14,000.00. One night! Fourteen thousand bucks! One fucking night!

You really thought that through, huh? :rolleyes:

You're an idiot.

I had some chest pains a few years back. Dropped me to my knees while at work. My boss told me I had to go get checked out. He didnt want me dying on his floor, he said.

I was in the emergency room hooked up to some machine for an hour. They discharged me and I went back to work to finish my shift.

The bill was over $9,000.

You got a deal.

Forum List

Back