Myth Debunked: Obama Stimulus Failed

Last edited:
So I guess we are still around 8 %....
I wonder how the administration will...ahem, correct the books to
get the numbers down right before the election....

Just wondering.

FAIL

Unemployment was already above 8% when stimulus passed

Maybe if Republicans had not slowed down the passing of stimulus

President Obama signed the stimulus into law February 17th 2009 he was sworn in on January 20th 2009 and the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent so your claim is it rose to over 8% in less than a month before the stimulus was passed. If the stimulus worked as great and was as big a success as is being claimed shouldn't it have dropped unemployment back below 8% after it was passed?

Did you read what you just posted?

Stimulus is supposed to work before it even passes? Do you know what losing 770,000 jobs a month does to your unemployment rate?

Unemployment was at 7.8% when Obama took office. It was well above 8% when stimulus passed. It eventually reached 10.2% before reversing and has dropped 2% since

For reference.......Unemployment ROSE 3.5% under Bush

There were more jobs after Bush left office than the day he started.
Unlike Obama.

Just wondering.

If Republicans had not forced so many Government layoffs through spending cuts, unemployment would be around 7%

4. Obama’s stimulus failed.

This has become a GOP talking point, repeated by everyone from John Boehner to Karl Rove to Romney. It isn’t true.

Objecting to various provisions of the stimulus or believing that it worsened the deficit isn’t the same as deeming it a failure. When the Obama administration was little more than a year old, three of the best-known economic research firms — IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy — all said the stimulus, which almost every Republican in Congress opposed, would create more than 2.5 million jobs. Last August, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimated that the stimulus package created between 1.4 and 4 million jobs. Even Mark Zandi, one of McCain’s economic advisers in 2008, has called the stimulus “a significant benefit to the economy’s performance.”

Five myths about Barack Obama - The Washington Post

Hilarious. As the white house themselves admitted it was.:eek:

:badgrin::badgrin:

then you're an idiot. no one can guarantee a specific number of jobs. that is voodoo science.

I was not the one who said it that was the current administration I suggest you point your idiot label at those who said it.

I think the first Stimulus was just to kick things off.
Then the Second Stimulus was gonna be the Salad course.
Then the third Stimulus was the soup course.
On and on we go.....

Then the smartest Economist to walk the Planet Paul Krugman stands up and
announces Stimulus failed.....

Hey wait a second.....

Paul Krugman said Stinulus failed because it didn't spend enough....

All I have been hearing from the left tonight was what a huge success Stimulus was.
Krugman said it failed....... :D

context.

"the stimulus failed" - Krugman, is not a refutation of the context here: the Original Post:

This has become a GOP talking point, repeated by everyone from John Boehner to Karl Rove to Romney. It isn’t true.

Objecting to various provisions of the stimulus or believing that it worsened the deficit isn’t the same as deeming it a failure. When the Obama administration was little more than a year old, three of the best-known economic research firms — IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy — all said the stimulus, which almost every Republican in Congress opposed, would create more than 2.5 million jobs. Last August, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimated that the stimulus package created between 1.4 and 4 million jobs. Even Mark Zandi, one of McCain’s economic advisers in 2008, has called the stimulus “a significant benefit to the economy’s performance.”

Krugman is saying the stimulus failed to go far enough, not that it did NOT create jobs.

gawd, you're critical thinking skill set is from Mattel Toys

See the chart. You are strictly Junior Varsity.

Your Chart shows unemployment at 8.5 % when Stimulus passed.

Moron,

Unemployment numbers come on the first Friday of the month for the month prior.

The Stimulus was passed in January 2009, with the promise it would keep the unemployment rate under 8%.

The unemployment rate in January 2009 was 7.6%.:

January Unemployment Rate Hits 7.6 Percent: What You Need to Know - US News and World Report

The unemployment rate at the time Obama signed the legislation into law was 7.6%.

Stimulus prevented a Depression

How many more months could we have withstood losing 700,000 jobs?
How would the collapse of the financial sector on top of the auto industry have affected our economy?

Easy......Depression

It didn't prevent a depression. It only delayed it. If anything, it helped make a crash and depression inevitable.

Failed to meet it's goal is NOT a refutation of the myth debunked. The stimulus created jobs

Just wondering.

If Republicans had not forced so many Government layoffs through spending cuts, unemployment would be around 7%

How did the Republicans do that? The Democrats controlled the House and the Senate for the first two years of Obama's Presidency so they couldn't force anything and the Democrats still control the Senate so they can block anything the Republicans want.

Just wondering.

Spending cuts? right... Let me know when they actually happen.

So is unemployment higher or lower than when it was passed?

Nuff said.

nope. we were losing jobs at an unprecedented rate...because of a devastating blow to the economy...because of conservative economic policies. The job loss was slowed and then stopped.

Why do you hate success?

Last edited:
So is unemployment higher or lower than when it was passed?

Nuff said.

nope. we were losing jobs at an unprecedented rate...because of a devastating blow to the economy...because of conservative economic policies. The job loss was slowed and then stopped.

Why do you hate success?

I don't. That's why im voting for Mitt Romney.

Just wondering.

Spending cuts? Is that what you call Obama's $5 trillion addition to the debt?

Last edited:
See the chart. You are strictly Junior Varsity.

Moron,

The Stimulus was passed in January 2009, with the promise it would keep the unemployment rate under 8%.

January Unemployment Rate Hits 7.6 Percent: What You Need to Know - US News and World Report

The unemployment rate at the time Obama signed the legislation into law was 7.6%.

Stimulus passed Feb 17 2009

Here is a little side note to take for what it's worth which is nothing but the unemployment rate started making it's drop in 2011 after the new Congress was sworn where the Republicans had control of the house and made major gains in the Senate. Did this have any impact on the unemployment rate I will put it this way it had the same impact as the stimulus did.

Failed to meet it's goal is NOT a refutation of the myth debunked. The stimulus created jobs

Yeah.......but you're posting in the wrong forum s0n. You wanna be in the ECONOMY forum.........this is the POLITICS forum. Hardly anybody thinks the stimulus worked........only the 21%ers and well, in politics, thats fringe.:D

But if it feels better to you when you post this stuff up s0n, then by all means, you go do it!!:coffee:

Moron,

Stimulus passed Feb 17 2009

Correct, fuckstick.

The unemployment rate at the time was 7.6%.

Forum List

Back