firefighters trying to save Co homes dont have health insurance

from the Washington Post link in the OP link...

But many federal firefighters are temporary employees, who only work six months out of the year (although as Lauer describes it, they can often work a full year’s worth of hours with the long shifts). Under federal regulations, temporary employees of the Forest Service do not receive benefits. That means no health care and no retirement pension.

You don't like the rules, change them.

And I wonder how many of the them are volunteer firefighters?

Daily Kos gives a fuck about people who serve now? Shouldn't they be out burning flags and spitting on returning service members?

TruthDoesn'tMatter - Get fucked.

That is s shame but last time I checked they knew that before accepting the job. If they don't like the deal don't take the job but I wouldn't stand in front of the desk too long blocking the next person in line. I understand that people are out of work and need jobs any job.

I had a girl who worked for me who's father was a forest service firefighter. She said he LOVED the job becasue it was only a few months out of the year...and the pay was more then he could get in a full time firefighting position WITH benefits...in a year.

So since Obamacare hasnt been overturned, you're admitting that Obamacare doesnt provide health care for everyone like you've been claiming for the past two years?

I had a girl who worked for me who's father was a forest service firefighter. She said he LOVED the job becasue it was only a few months out of the year...and the pay was more then he could get in a full time firefighting position WITH benefits...in a year.

A huge paycheck sounds like a good enough reason to to pass on Health Benefits. The Government will not pay benefits to people who are employed for them less than a year.

Something preventing them from buying health insurance? It is available you know. I pay about $210 per month. They could do the same...problem solved. Next.

Forum List

Back