Mysterious Booms & Trembles in Wisc! Wow!

This happened in Indiana about 5 years ago. Then one morning a huge pocket of gas that smelled like rotten eggs floated throughout the entire southern Indiana until it dissipated about halfway up the state.
It was never fully explained.
The world didn't end.

Well we got AN answer. Shallow 'swarm of earthquakes'. Is it THE answer? :::shrugs:::

Very strange that it hasn't set of any seismometers, they can detect activity that humans generally can't.

Someone in the article said they were ruling out seismic activity...but they didn't say how they could do that. It didn't sound like they had actually checked that. And i wonder if they would tell anyone right away that it could be an earthquake brewing, it would cause a lot of panic! It made me think of the New Madrid fault that runs somewhere in Wisc (i think) down into Mississippi. If they told people it could be the earth moving, there's a ton of people all along that fault that would be in panic mode right about now!!!!!! It'll be interesting if or when they do figure it out.

Truthfully i have never heard "booms" with earthquakes. Sure they are noisy because of what is being rattled... but i cant say the earthquake itself had noise.

You would think after all of this time though, they would have put up round the clock microphones to capture the sound.
And I live less than 40 miles away. Nothing supposedly detected here. And you've never heard booms happening with earthquakes? I never knew.

I've wondered if some sort of sink hole or other pocket has opened up under the area or something.

Also, to recall that they ruled out Earthquakes very early on.

Of course, to throw a bone to conspiracy nuts, these were detected with mobile sensors that 'just happened' to be in the area. So now you can start screaming about HAARP and Tesla Howitzers too.

Someone in the article said they were ruling out seismic activity...but they didn't say how they could do that. It didn't sound like they had actually checked that. And i wonder if they would tell anyone right away that it could be an earthquake brewing, it would cause a lot of panic! It made me think of the New Madrid fault that runs somewhere in Wisc (i think) down into Mississippi. If they told people it could be the earth moving, there's a ton of people all along that fault that would be in panic mode right about now!!!!!! It'll be interesting if or when they do figure it out.

Truthfully i have never heard "booms" with earthquakes. Sure they are noisy because of what is being rattled... but i cant say the earthquake itself had noise.

You would think after all of this time though, they would have put up round the clock microphones to capture the sound.
And I live less than 40 miles away. Nothing supposedly detected here. And you've never heard booms happening with earthquakes? I never knew.

I've wondered if some sort of sink hole or other pocket has opened up under the area or something.

Of course, to throw a bone to conspiracy nuts, these were detected with mobile sensors that 'just happened' to be in the area. So now you can start screaming about HAARP and Tesla Howitzers too.

Did you hear or feel anything?

Yes, the bit about NOW they think its a swam of earthquakes is amusing.

Did you hear or feel anything?

Yes, the bit about NOW they think its a swam of earthquakes is amusing.
Nope. I'm too far away it seems. And it only affected a small neighborhood in Clintonville which is barely a mile wide So those would have had to be VERY shallow and very mild. Not saying it CAN'T be, just not sure I believe the tidy conclusion yet.

Ya...first it's NOT earthquakes...then it IS earthquakes (but very small). I don't care what kind of earthquake it is, i'd be gone (at least from the immediate area) until this is figured out!

Now they're saying earthquakes COULD be the problem. The news just said they think it is a swarm of very small earthquakes, that wouldn't register. If this has never happened before, i would be very worried!!!!

I'd still get the hell out of dodge. Anybody ever hear of this happening anywhere else?
This kind of stuff nerds me out. :D

The phenomenon that immediately came to mind when I heard this is mistpouffers. In the States they are sometimes called Guns of the Seneca or Moodus noises.

Earthquake Booms, Seneca Guns, and Other Sounds

USGS says it's a 1.5 magnitude earthquake. Anything under a 2.0 isn't even felt by people, let alone HEARD.

The explanation is that the rock in Wisconsin ground is a certain type that "can transmit the vibrations and sounds better".

Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zstJj1pcC-I&feature=related]Strange Sounds Heard All Around The World January 2012 : Earth Waking UP! - YouTube[/ame]

What is it really?
These same type of booms were heard in Colorado last year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgXVFSAxCA]Strange Sounds in Colorado 22.08.11 - The 2011 Sound Phenomena "Earth Groaning" Part 16 - YouTube[/ame]

Are we getting ready for earths magnetic poles to shift?
Or are we going that have a very, very big earthquake?
I don't know, but something is happing.

New York has the funniest commentary.

On the other hand, if that's the sound they heard in Clintonville, that's freaky indeed. Although I keep expecting a Tripod to come over the horizon.

Also the Czech Republic sounds very clearly like metal or stone sliding against each other to my ears.

USGS says it's a 1.5 magnitude earthquake. Anything under a 2.0 isn't even felt by people, let alone HEARD.

The explanation is that the rock in Wisconsin ground is a certain type that "can transmit the vibrations and sounds better".

That's my point..booms or not, feeling any type of "tremble" is more than enough to trigger seismometers, earthquake or not...a building collapsing can set them off.

It seems now there is a 1.5 magnitude on the USGS site on the map for Wisconsin...it wasn't there a couple of days ago when I first commented on this thread, strange since they normally update every few minutes.

44.46.-90.-88.gif

Shady.

That's my point..booms or not, feeling any type of "tremble" is more than enough to trigger seismometers, earthquake or not...a building collapsing can set them off.

It seems now there is a 1.5 magnitude on the USGS site on the map for Wisconsin...it wasn't there a couple of days ago when I first commented on this thread, strange since they normally update every few minutes.

44.46.-90.-88.gif

Shady.
As pointed out on the local news, the sensors can detect a building implosion and even a stump being blasted in a farmer's field with a stick of dynamite.

Many locals said it SHOOK their house. So... Da hell?!?

44.46.-90.-88.gif

Shady.
As pointed out on the local news, the sensors can detect a building implosion and even a stump being blasted in a farmer's field with a stick of dynamite.

Yup, and you aren't going to get that kind of action from a 1.5 magnitude quake. It won't do a damn thing, despite the fact that the continental crust east of the Rockies is much softer and more prone to quake energy spreading farther.

44.46.-90.-88.gif

Shady.

Yup, and you aren't going to get that kind of action from a 1.5 magnitude quake. It won't do a damn thing, despite the fact that the continental crust east of the Rockies is much softer and more prone to quake energy spreading farther.
I still say be on the look out for a bright blue British Police Box. The owner is obviously lost but something must be wrong if he's there.

New%20TARDIS%20EX.jpg

Last edited:
Very strange that it hasn't set of any seismometers, they can detect activity that humans generally can't.

I was in San Diego during the 7.2 that hit near Mexicali in 2010, about 90 miles away. I certainly didn't hear any booms, which I would assume would happen if there were things blowing up on the surface(transformers etc..), but I definitely heard a low rumbling throughout it...which could also just be a combination of the ground shaking with everything on top of it shaking. They said it was the equivalent to a mid to upper 6 in SD.

Needless to say it was a little unnerving for this Massachusetts guy.

44.46.-90.-88.gif

Shady.

This rush to backtrack and categorize it as seismic activity is what I like to refer to as damage control. It's the only explanation that people will not only believe and accept, but also not be concerned about and create controversy.

They couldn't very well admit it was some kind of man made incident that had to do with some kind of government operation. And if it's got something to do with the recent solar ejections, and there really is something bad going on with the earth, they're certainly not going to tell us that either.

The bottom line, and inescapable fact, is that a 1.5 magnitude quake will not produce sonic boom sounds. It's just not possible.

It's the difference between jumping on a plank and jumping on gravel.

Wisconsin's ground is like a plank.

In the gravel of California you might not even feel a 1.5. Here we apparently do.

Forum List

Back