Mysterious Booms & Trembles in Wisc! Wow!

Very strange that it hasn't set of any seismometers, they can detect activity that humans generally can't.

Someone in the article said they were ruling out seismic activity...but they didn't say how they could do that. It didn't sound like they had actually checked that. And i wonder if they would tell anyone right away that it could be an earthquake brewing, it would cause a lot of panic! It made me think of the New Madrid fault that runs somewhere in Wisc (i think) down into Mississippi. If they told people it could be the earth moving, there's a ton of people all along that fault that would be in panic mode right about now!!!!!! It'll be interesting if or when they do figure it out.

Even checking the USGS site, there is no indication of seismic activity in the area, yet people are feeling trembles and booms coming from below them. That should definitely be making the needles move a little, as I said they pick up stuff all day that goes unnoticed by humans.

Now they're saying it could be a Natura Phenomena...But what IF even though it doesn't show up NOW as an earthquake that it could still turn into one?

Wonder where the folks of Clintonville rank of the state's list of per capita beer consumption?
about middle.

I say be on the look out for a crazy man with a weird sounding glowing rod an a blue British Police Box circa 1950's. Often travels with a woman and has a habit of turning up where he shouldn't be.

Maybe the rioting teachers in the state capital is an indication of the union based education system. It seems that earthquakes can happen in any state. We had a relatively serious one here in Virginia last summer and we knew what it was immediately.

Maybe the rioting teachers in the state capital is an indication of the union based education system. It seems that earthquakes can happen in any state. We had a relatively serious one here in Virginia last summer and we knew what it was immediately.
They've ruled out earthquakes, gas and water mains, weather and global warming too. They don't think it can be any manmade source but that's not confirmed yet either.

Now they're saying earthquakes COULD be the problem. The news just said they think it is a swarm of very small earthquakes, that wouldn't register. If this has never happened before, i would be very worried!!!!

Now they're saying earthquakes COULD be the problem. The news just said they think it is a swarm of very small earthquakes, that wouldn't register. If this has never happened before, i would be very worried!!!!

I'd still get the hell out of dodge. Anybody ever hear of this happening anywhere else?

Very strange that it hasn't set of any seismometers, they can detect activity that humans generally can't.

Someone in the article said they were ruling out seismic activity...but they didn't say how they could do that. It didn't sound like they had actually checked that. And i wonder if they would tell anyone right away that it could be an earthquake brewing, it would cause a lot of panic! It made me think of the New Madrid fault that runs somewhere in Wisc (i think) down into Mississippi. If they told people it could be the earth moving, there's a ton of people all along that fault that would be in panic mode right about now!!!!!! It'll be interesting if or when they do figure it out.

Truthfully i have never heard "booms" with earthquakes. Sure they are noisy because of what is being rattled... but i cant say the earthquake itself had noise.

You would think after all of this time though, they would have put up round the clock microphones to capture the sound.

Forum List

Back