Myspace suicide case to be overturned

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
LOS ANGELES - A federal judge on Thursday tentatively threw out the convictions of a Missouri mother for her role in a MySpace hoax directed at a 13-year-old neighbor girl who ended up committing suicide.

At first, my thought was 'wtf?'

Then I read this

"You could prosecute pretty much anyone who violated terms of service," he said..

Which made me think 'WTF?- violation of ToS could only be prosecuted if it were criminal activities, such as fraud or violating a restraining order'

Source:
Judge to acquit mom in MySpace suicide - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Good. The idiots clamoring for bloodlust didn't realize just how fucking serious effectively criminalizing entering false information on MySpace was.

• Banned
Good. The idiots clamoring for bloodlust didn't realize just how fucking serious effectively criminalizing entering false information on MySpace was.

my understanding was that the crimes were harassment and fraud

you don't clamor for bloodlust, btw; those w/ bloodlust clamor for blood

my understanding was that the crimes were harassment and fraud

And I was referring to the misdemeanor fraud convictions, which would have effectively meant that all those who committed terms of service violations by entering false information could have technically been convicted of the same.

you don't clamor for bloodlust, btw; those w/ bloodlust clamor for blood

Uh...correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there general appeals for harsher and more hostile reactions towards Drew on the basis of vengeance? :eusa_eh:.

Forum List

Back