My wife and I went to Target today

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Had a pretty good time. My wife decides she want some wine. SO we make our selection. Get to the register they ask for ID, as I was about to produce mine they started to scan it. I pull it back and asked "what the person at the register what was she going to do?" She wanted to scan it to check my age I said hell no you are not scanning my ID. I will give you my birth date but you are not scanning my ID. The check out girl said that was what they were supposed to do now. So my wife looks at me kind of pissy and pulls out her ID.

So whats the deal with that?

There's a chain of quickie marts that does that. At first it really pissed me off but figured what the hell I wanted to get drunk. I don't think there's any information in the bar code that's not printed on the D.L.

Had a pretty good time. My wife decides she want some wine. SO we make our selection. Get to the register they ask for ID, as I was about to produce mine they started to scan it. I pull it back and asked "what the person at the register what was she going to do?" She wanted to scan it to check my age I said hell no you are not scanning my ID. I will give you my birth date but you are not scanning my ID. The check out girl said that was what they were supposed to do now. So my wife looks at me kind of pissy and pulls out her ID.

Most likely because she can't do the math in her head in order to figure out your age. They don't know how to 'make change' either . .. . ever more reliant on technology. Dumb.

Technically, in some states, that practice can be challenged in court. In VA only an official of the court (police fall in this category) are legally allowed to ask for a drivers license let alone scan it.

There's a chain of quickie marts that does that. At first it really pissed me off but figured what the hell I wanted to get drunk. I don't think there's any information in the bar code that's not printed on the D.L.

All your personal information is on that bar code.

had a pretty good time. My wife decides she want some wine. So we make our selection. Get to the register they ask for id, as i was about to produce mine they started to scan it. I pull it back and asked "what the person at the register what was she going to do?" she wanted to scan it to check my age i said hell no you are not scanning my id. I will give you my birth date but you are not scanning my id. The check out girl said that was what they were supposed to do now. So my wife looks at me kind of pissy and pulls out her id.

most likely because she can't do the math in her head in order to figure out your age. They don't know how to 'make change' either . .. . Ever more reliant on technology. Dumb.

what ever happen to that little calender that said if you were born on this date?

Technically, in some states, that practice can be challenged in court. In VA only an official of the court (police fall in this category) are legally allowed to ask for a drivers license let alone scan it.

I guess it's welcome to the new age of things.

All your personal information is on that bar code.

I found these FAQs:

2D Barcode Info

Thanks for the link

"In most states it is legal for businesses to scan licenses and save the data to a customer database for future analysis and use."

I went to the Mobil Station yesterday to get some cigarettes and I asked to buy 3 packs. The girl behind the register said I will need to see your ID. I asked her how come? She said it was now their policy to check every ID prior to a cigarette sale. Now, I am a 59 year old guy that looks like I've been rode hard and put away wet. Even on the best of days, I wouldn't appear to be less than 18 years old to anybody. I'm 3/4 bald. What hair that is still there is grey. I think this is pure horse shit. I told her so. I showed her my ID and paid for the smokes and left. She was more polite about it than I was. She said it's what they had to do from now on. Guess I'll buy them elsewhere in the future.

had a pretty good time. My wife decides she want some wine. So we make our selection. Get to the register they ask for id, as i was about to produce mine they started to scan it. I pull it back and asked "what the person at the register what was she going to do?" she wanted to scan it to check my age i said hell no you are not scanning my id. I will give you my birth date but you are not scanning my id. The check out girl said that was what they were supposed to do now. So my wife looks at me kind of pissy and pulls out her id.

most likely because she can't do the math in her head in order to figure out your age. They don't know how to 'make change' either . .. . Ever more reliant on technology. Dumb.

what ever happen to that little calender that said if you were born on this date?

We still have those little calenders in this part of the country.

I went to the Mobil Station yesterday to get some cigarettes and I asked to buy 3 packs. The girl behind the register said I will need to see your ID. I asked her how come? She said it was now their policy to check every ID prior to a cigarette sale. Now, I am a 59 year old guy that looks like I've been rode hard and put away wet. Even on the best of days, I wouldn't appear to be less than 18 years old to anybody. I'm 3/4 bald. What hair that is still there is grey. I think this is pure horse shit. I told her so. I showed her my ID and paid for the smokes and left. She was more polite about it than I was. She said it's what they had to do from now on. Guess I'll buy them elsewhere in the future.

I see nothing wrong with them looking at my D.L. but I draw the line when they can scan my personal information on he bar code of my DL.

They are allowed to see your ID to check your age.

AND THAT IS IT!

Don't even let them touch your ID. Do not let them scan your ID. Call the manager, the check out people are only doing what they are told to do so its not their fault.

They are allowed to see your ID to check your age.

AND THAT IS IT!

Don't even let them touch your ID. Do not let them scan your ID. Call the manager, the check out people are only doing what they are told to do so its not their fault.

Eh, you're of course wrong here. They are a private business they can refuse to sell to you if you don't let them touch your DL , or even scan it. There are NO laws dictating that they can't do either, nor are there laws that they MUST sell to you. You of course have the right to walk away if you don't wish to comply.

I am told Wal*Mart is doing the same thing for anyone buying wine OR cigarettes...

BIG BROTHER :cool::cool:

Forum List

Back