My visit to Hebron

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic

I am in Israel just visiting l. I had a tour with a group from my hotel.

We had two guides. One who gave the Arab side, the othe the Israel Side.

No h sides gave us their best.

I did not like the red signs. Still less did the prison like security arrangements appeal

The Arab guide made much of Baruch Goldstein’s horror. He was, however, one freak. The Jewish guide made much of the 1929 pogrom. This was a long time ago. But it was infinitely worse.

I did not like the red signs. Still less did the prison like security arrangements appeal

The Arab guide made much of Baruch Goldstein’s horror. He was, however, one freak. The Jewish guide made much of the 1929 pogrom. This was a long time ago. But it was infinitely worse.

Hebron is the site of the Tomb of the Patriarchs--The Mamas and Papas of the Jewish People (but without Cass Elliot). It is where Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebecca, and Jacob and Leah are buried. For 700 years, Jews were not allowed inside to pray at their second-most holiest site in the world. That all changed in 1967. However, we also recognize that the Tomb is holy to Muslims too. Isaac (the father of the Jews) and his half-brother Ishmael (the father of the Arabs) buried their father Abraham together (Genesis 25: 9). Maybe we should take a lesson from them and pray together peacefully.

Can you tell us some more of your impressions of Hebron? Which side is more "wrong" in your opinion?

Oh definitely the pals by a long long long way. They don’t want any Jews moving in. That is the basis of their position. I can’t tel the difference, but the pals say they can and they don’t like they

The basis for the pals position is illegal in America. The klan and he nazis can fulminate all they want, but Mexicans, Jews, blacks, ... everyone from Armenians to Zoroastrians can move in.

The pals position is quite frankly creepy in the extreme

Cool, I'd love to go, but I never seem to end up in that part of the world and I don't have enough time or money to make it worth it right now.

Go hosreling. You have the money. Inclanation is all that is holding you back

Hosreling? You mean hosteling? No, it's not the only thing holding me back. I usually stay in hostels when I travel. I spent months traveling around southern Africa a few years back.

The biggest problem is often the cost of the flight for the time available. I just don't have time when it's a good time to travel. Though I'm off to India in a few days....

Where both guides approved by the Israeli authorities ??

Does it matter? I read about this dual tour, and the Palestinian side is completely slanted to their (false) point of view and narrative.

Does it matter? I read about this dual tour, and the Palestinian side is completely slanted to their (false) point of view and narrative.

Of course it is, the israeli's wouldn't want tourists to hear the Palestinian side that is completely slanted to their (True) point of view

Of course it is, the israeli's wouldn't want tourists to hear the Palestinian side that is completely slanted to their (True) point of view

We'll have to ask "loss for words." He already said the Palestinian guide spoke alot about Goldstein, and I read it's very slanted towards the Palestinians, though I cannot speak from experience. If the Israelis do monitor this tour, that just shows how much of a democracy Israel actually is.

The company that provides the guide is licensed by the government . My experience with Israeli guides suggests that the government is mostly interested in making sure we don't get robbed . Other than that, they don't care. I have had peace now care. I have had people who have all kinds of views .

Forum List

Back